Rod Laver Concert, Melbourne.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mat james

Rod Laver Concert, Melbourne.

Post by mat james »

I/we have our tickets to the Rod Laver gig.
Is there a Cohenite meet-up in Melbourne before or after the concert?
I would like to say hello to our Aussie friends.

Please PM me if there is a meet-up around that time.

Regards and thanks, Mat.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
Andrew (Darby)

Re: Rod Laver Concert, Melbourne.

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hey Mat, I'm interested in a meet-up as you propose, so let's think more about the when and where consideration and we can PM you as you suggest. 8)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
dce

Post by dce »

Andrew, Mat, Forumites,

I'm also interested in a pre-concert meetup in Melbourne!

I'll also be trying to see several of the other Australian (and maybe NZ, budget willing) concerts -- so if there are folks interested in catching up with other Forum members before any of the shows, I'd be interested in hearing from them. During the last tour I had the pleasure of meeting up with several groups of people from this forum, which was a lot of fun (not least because everyone here is so nice :D )

Dean

Dean Engelhardt
Adelaide
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
mat james

Post by mat james »

Beauty! (Buewdy!)

Hi dce and Andrew,
I'll/we'll fit in. (there will be 5 of us)
Somewhere close to the stadium with some "atmosphere" would probably be the go.
Probably after the show is the norm? but I have no preference; see what the general wish is and we'll fit in, as I said.
Thanks for responding.

Mat.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
notjustadoll

Post by notjustadoll »

Hi all, There'll be three of us I'll be travelling from Brisbane down to Melbourne, hoping to get tickets to some other shows on the way. (Hoping there'll be some day on the Green events as well). Love to catch up too. I'll stay posted
mat james

Post by mat james »

sounds good "doll".
We have already got around 10 all up and November is only just on the horizon!
Mat.
dce

Post by dce »

With the first Rod Laver concert now only a few days away (this Friday), I thought I'd resurrect this thread about post-concert meetups in Melbourne.

I've been hearing some rumblings in PMs that an announcement of "the plan" is imminent ... in the meantime, if any other forum folk are going to Friday's show and would like to have a few drinks with like-minded fans after the concert ... post here or PM!

As an added bonus, I'm happy to supply lanyards for all forum-folk and partners attending the meet-up (assuming I don't run out). As these are now collector's items in themselves (ha ha! :) :) ), that's just another reason to sign up for the gathering!

Dean (from Adelaide)
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
Andrew (Darby)

1st Rod Laver Concert, Melbourne - meet-up

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hey you folk attending the 1st Rod Laver Arena concert, come & join our little (LC Forum) group after this Fri night show. I think we might have to decide on the spot what to do after the gig. I initially suggested catching a tram in to the city, but Ania (a long time local, from this Forum) thought otherwise, maintaining it will be mayhem to try that. I’m waiting to hear back from her, but she has offered her place (which isn’t too far away at South Yarra) as a BYO drinks venue. 8)

Anyway, I’ll bring my car to the Rod Laver Arena car park & some folk can come with me to Ania’s, if we decide on that, & hopefully she will also have a vehicle (or otherwise, perhaps others can cab it).

We will rendezvous at the No 70 tram stop (7 B) at the back of the Rod Laver Arena, whether we catch a tram or not.

My mobile number is 0408 751 541. I’ll wear my black LC T shirt with red unified hearts/Anthem verse on it & a black hat/cap.

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
dce

Post by dce »

For those less familiar with Melbourne and the area around the Rod Laver Arena (like me :D ), here's a map of the area which shows the tram stop that Andrew refers to as our "gathering point". On the map it's the little grey circle to the right of the map (marked "Rod Laver Arena Tram Stop")

I guess we will need to have a good idea as to who we're expecting to attend, so we know who to wait for at the tram stop ... I guess Andrew already has a bit of a list going: if you're planning to come to the meet-up but haven't PM'ed him, I'd suggest doing so to make sure you don't get left behind by accident!

Dean (from Adelaide)

Return to “The World Tour 2010”