Presale to Sligo

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
swan13

Re: PRESALE to SLIGO on April 24-26

Post by swan13 »

Prada wrote:
byboyne wrote:Hi Liz,
Great idea to meet up somewhere after the concert. The Raddisson is a bit out of the way for most I suspect. Can I suggest that we meet up back in Sligo town perhaps the Garavogue or somewhere town central. Open to suggestions from our Sligo based friends!
... anywhere in Sligo will be great.. the Garavogue will be hopping, Mc Hugh's will be rockin and "Shoot the Crows" is a must.. oh and don't forget Hargadons.. Kennedy's is also a fabulous pub.. start to link up with any of them on Facebook for more information..
Sligo is absolutely amazing.. it has "everything", All are so welcome.. we locals want you to have a brilliant time.....
Prada
Thank you very much for your warm welcome to Sligo. I know we will all have a ball. :D
"Should've got in the car"
Mikeaus

Re: Presale to Sligo

Post by Mikeaus »

Janis and I are ready to go. We have our tickets to the concert and have made all the travel bookings. We leave Canberra on the 24th July and travel to Sligo via, Sydney, Beijing, Frankfurt & Dublin. We have two nights at Cromleach Lodge about 40 kilometers from Lissadell House.
We will be delighted to meet up with other forum members in Sligo. Sadly we have to head home on Monday 2nd August but it will be the trip of a lifetime.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
mutti

Post by mutti »

Vlasta how fantastic you are also coming to Sligo! I look forward to seeing you again...
Mutti (Les) 8) ;-) 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Hi Leslie, how could I miss this? If Mikeaus and Janis can make it from lovely Australia...
My only problem is the fact that about the same time I should be moving from St. Petersburg back to Prague. Hm, moving has to wait...
:D
Vlasta
MaryB

Re: PRESALE to SLIGO on April 24-26

Post by MaryB »

Prada wrote:
byboyne wrote:... anywhere in Sligo will be great.. the Garavogue will be hopping, Mc Hugh's will be rockin and "Shoot the Crows" is a must.. oh and don't forget Hargadons.. Kennedy's is also a fabulous pub.. start to link up with any of them on Facebook for more information..
Sligo is absolutely amazing.. it has "everything", All are so welcome.. we locals want you to have a brilliant time.....
And your welcome Prada, byboyne, and all the other Irish members was one the the main factors that embodies the reason that an LC concert was on my 'Bucket List'.
Thank you so very much!

Warmest regards,
Mary

A good time will be had by all! :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mutti

Post by mutti »

Wow! Mikaeus and Janis coming all the way from Canberra! and Vlastik from St. Petersburg, Sharon E...I will be coming from the Seattle area and am so excited.
I love Ireland though have only been to Cork area in 1975 for 2 weeks - a memory I will never forget as I stayed with friends.
In San Jose so many of us said...if there is a concert in Ireland we'll be there and now Diana, Mary and George, Sharon, Vlastik, Maarten and many more I hope will be seeing Leonard with the 'wild ones of Ireland'! and of course getting to see Irish Mar and Sir Albert and Bill's Bar and meeting the rest of you...its all so crazy and so wonderful!
Les (Mutti)
8) 8) 8) ;-) 8) :razz: 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

mutti wrote:In San Jose so many of us said...if there is a concert in Ireland we'll be there and now Diana, Mary and George, Sharon, Vlastik, Maarten and many more I hope will be seeing Leonard with the 'wild ones of Ireland'! and of course getting to see Irish Mar and Sir Albert and Bill's Bar and meeting the rest of you...its all so crazy and so wonderful!
Les (Mutti) 8) 8) 8) ;-) 8) :razz: 8)
I will be sorry to miss the party but I will be thinking of you all. Everything seems to conspire against me when it comes to concerts on Irish soil. This is the third year running that the Irish shows have been arranged for a time when I can't get there. How can this be???? :( :(

Are you all still going to Marseille??

Wendy
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

:) The Garavouge is desnigated as the Pre-Concert Meet-up Venue for members of this Forum.

The venue can cater for approx 400 people and will be open from 10am, lunch, bar food and La Carte menu will be available.

I am told that buses will be available from the carpark to the Concert.

I am not sure of fare but I have suggested 5 euro return ?. (this will be decided later).

We are also trying to arrange some entertainment for the afternoon.

I expect to be in Sligo within the next week and will keep members informed of progress.

I will be kept busy but in the meantime I have offered my services to bring Leonard on a tour of Yeats country,

this usually incurs a fee "but for him I will make an exception"....I will not even accept a tip ....

having "googled" Yeats I am now a leading authority on his life and times....(well no harm in hoisting "that flag" and see who salutes ! ;-)
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Do you need an assistant? I'm now studying everything there is to know about Yeats ;-) ;-) and I could be an invaluable assistant. Pay not required :D
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Hats off to you all for the in-depth prep for the concert. You see, this is why I still have faith in this old country of ours - people like you. Keep up the fantastic work and hope to meet you all in Sligo. Count down is well and truely on.... whoo hoo !!! :D
Janie

Post by Janie »

Carlowmike, the Garavogue looks like a fantastic venue for a meet-up, thanks so much for organising this.
Ballygal

Post by Ballygal »

Thank you so much for all this work and info to us forum members already! It just adds to the excitement!!
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

You're really on the ball Carlowmike. Thanks for organising the meetup. I've been in the Garavogue and it's a great venue. And a visit to Sligo would not be complete without dropping in to Hargadons for a few scoops. :D

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Now that the dust has settled after days of hectic activity it's time to thank all of you who are already busily organising the events in Sligo. Well done to Foxwood who reported that Sat. was sold out, and Sceachgeal who was the first to post news of "the second coming", although luckily a lot of us were checking out Ticketmaster at 9 to see what the demand was like. Gone in 6 minutes, I wonder is that a record !
Carlowmike, you're "playing a blinder" - the Garavogue sounds like a great choice. I suppose the Bird is enjoying a well deserved break now? :lol:
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

does anyone know how sales for the Sunday have gone?The £115 tickets seemed to be sold out yesterday

Return to “The World Tour 2010”