What is going on ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Florian

Re: What is going on ?

Postby Florian » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 pm

davidrichards » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Maybe we should all bombard AEG with emails NOW, demanding that if there is any information pertaining to Leonard, new albums, tours, personnel changes, band preferences for sandwiches or anything else they inform us. AEG's contact details outlined on previous page.
Friends, maybe its time to take a deep breath and calm down!
what do we know? we really do know nothing yet, all we have are 25 pages of rumors and speculation getting wilder with every page, even supposetly indiscretions from some obscure secret mails.
i understand all those have worries (i'm worried too,belive me) especially of those who investet a whole lot of mony, but there is nothing concret that we would know! i think it is not the time to go to war against aeg or anybody else.
just my two cents!

Florian
casterbridgecohen

Postby casterbridgecohen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:20 pm

Lets be honest - until a fortnight ago pretty much everyone and anyone impartially looking at the last two years would say Robert Kory and AEG have done a masterful stroke in taking a singer who had not performed for 15 years from some initial small venues in Eastern Canada to over 200 venues in some of the wrlds biggest venues - Madison Square Garden, San Marcos Square, Caesars Palace, the Sydney Opera House et al with over a million paying to see the Master perform.

Yes the prices have been high but we have willingly paid them and they were justified - if not we punters would vote with our feet. When the history of Rock and Roll/popular Music is next written this tour will be credited with the legendary status it has deservedly earnt both within and without the music industry.

So if I was Leonard I would be eternally grateful - as he is - for the efforts and work that Robert Kory and AEG have devoted, and not without proper compensation fairly earnt, to making this tour such an outstanding and unprecedented success. The tour has been well organised and promoted with a happy crew travelling as a unit and it seems to me they have done their job well - they delivered Caesars when Leonard wanted to try out Vegas despite some loal reservations and it was an unprecedented success despite the highest priced tickets EVER at Caesars!

But lets look at this objectively and not through rose tinted glasses.

To date AEG have done a good job however fashionable it is to slag off the promoters and ticket sellers.

AEG are retained by and answer to Robert Kory who I rate very highly.

Robert is devoted to Leonard - he will profer advice but Leonard ultimately can say Yes or No.

There may or may not be very valid reasons why parts of the tour will be cancelled or postponed - and Yes I have flights in place too - but I think that decision will be made by Leonard in consultation with his Manager and certainly not unilaterally by AEG. There is a pyramid here and Leonard is at the top, Robert below and Aeg is the foundation.

Of course I am not privy to the contractual arrangemnet between Leonard and AEG but it is very easy to slag off AEG when Robert and Leonard ultimately call the shots.

There may very well be reasons why the tour will be postoned - there are 23 pages of speculation here and I have heard other suggestions as well that have not been mentioned on this Forum. These reasons might be valid and perhaps AEG are trying to arrange replacement dates and sort out local contractual obligations before a release is put out and it is taking longer than expected.
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
gilly-rjd

Postby gilly-rjd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 pm

As I wrote on page 4, i thought the announcement of another World Tour just as 2009 had ended was a surprise. I cannot see how it could have been planned so quickly. Yet it obviously wasn't planned was it? Wasn't it supposed to include places not yet visited? Yet an immediate opening at 6 venues in France. France again?? Then nothing to follow for a while.
Clearly, this was NOT planned from the outset. You can't work like that in media. It's like the producer of a new 12-part TV series putting on the first say 3 episodes, then asking audiences to be patient whilst they work out/postpone the rest!
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:25 pm

The speculations on this Forum (and also the same with the French one) are fruitless. There is a very understandable reason behind this. Everybody is going to agree when the facts are available. No need to create an uprising against AEG or anybody else. That would only mean good-byes to all future pre-sales.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
coolcohen1

Postby coolcohen1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:27 pm

davidrichards wrote:coolcohen
Thank you for your most considered comments.
explain pleas
3 times in denmark 3 times in germany 1 in sweden 1 in norway
Concerts 2010 2 times in sweden 1 in Denmark and thenn we take Berlin
And now alsoo going to stuttgard is life not just beutifull ??

http://coolcohen.blogspot.com/
golo99

Postby golo99 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I wonder if the Ticketmaster v AEG Live conflict may be a factor in the postponement. As I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), AEG have been looking to ditch Ticketmaster since they merged with Live Nation. Could that be why they want to delay the Cohen tour, until they have a new ticketing deal in place? It's noticeable that for those few dates that had been announced tickets were being sold via various different country-specific ticketing agents. Maybe that arrangement wasn't working, or maybe wasn't practical for others dates/regions they wanted to add to the tour? Pure speculation, but it's noticeable that Leonard's World Tour 2010 was announced on here othe very day (2nd Nov) that AEG Live told the world they were looking to ditch Ticketmaster. Maybe the whole tour announcement was a way of saying to Ticketmaster, look, we don't need you. Now maybe they realise they do. Pure speculation, but it would be truly sad if we fans and the great LC himself were just pawns in a game of corporate willy-waving.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... n9g6SvF7NI
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
coolcohen1

Postby coolcohen1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

jarkko wrote:The speculations on this Forum (and also the same with the French one) are fruitless. There is a very understandable reason behind this. Everybody is going to agree when the facts are available. No need to create an uprising against AEG or anybody else. That would only mean good-byes to all future pre-sales.
thanks for putting it right
3 times in denmark 3 times in germany 1 in sweden 1 in norway
Concerts 2010 2 times in sweden 1 in Denmark and thenn we take Berlin
And now alsoo going to stuttgard is life not just beutifull ??

http://coolcohen.blogspot.com/
gilly-rjd

Postby gilly-rjd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 pm

[quote="golo99"]a game of corporate willy-waving.

Just to lighten what I know to be a serious matter to so many, what exactly is this???? Sounds intriging.......
Sorry! must be the earlier-than-usual glass of wine.
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
danslenoir

Postby danslenoir » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

jarkko wrote:The speculations on this Forum (and also the same with the French one) are fruitless. There is a very understandable reason behind this. Everybody is going to agree when the facts are available. No need to create an uprising against AEG or anybody else. That would only mean good-byes to all future pre-sales.
If it is about a postponement and there is an understandable reason behind it, there is still no understandable reason for not stopping ticket sales and letting people know the minute they themselves do that a concert isnt going to happen.
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Amen to that. I just wish they could get that announcement out. The past 26 pages of posts only go to show that the worst thing of all is "no news".

Wendy
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Words of wisdom! But as i wrote earlier a large element of this thread is ' peer support'. Jarkko
once again you are to be congratulated on creating a community of folk who care about leonard and about each other. The length of this thread is a direct product of the delays in making the facts available. i hope you are right that when we know the facts we will ' agree' and any angst will dissipate 8)
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
vaughan

Postby vaughan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 pm

In Jarkko we trust 8)
Vaughan

Dublin June 15 | Manc'r June 19 & 20 | Ed'bro July 16 | Cardiff Nov 8 | B'ham Nov 22 | Manc'r Nov 30 | Boston May 29 | Wetbridge July 11 | Liverpool July 14 | Barcelona Sep 21 | 2010 Marseille Sep 21 | ????
yoeri

Postby yoeri » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Indeed Jarkko, and I like your last sentence.
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
antipodean heart

Postby antipodean heart » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

vaughan wrote:In Jarkko we trust 8)
Hear hear!
2009 Bowral and Venice | 2010 Ljubljana and LVx2 | 2012 Verona | 2013 Sydney, Townsville and.....|
davidrichards

Postby davidrichards » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Well said Danslenoir, Cohenadmirer and Mabeanie. All of this could so easily have been avoided. Make the announcement when there is something to announce. Don't announce an announcement at some point in time in the future. People who care passionately about something or someone will always speculate. AEG have done themselves no favours and any threat of withholding any future pre-sales does nothing to endear them to anyone at all.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”