PRE-SALE INFORMATION

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
da2008

Re: PRE-SALE INFORMATION

Postby da2008 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Yep - used the presale link, but it's not something I would call AEG about, Jarkko!!! I have a lot of time:)
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:19 pm

OK, looks like they are listed but you can't buy them. I will put a note going to AEG and ask them to contact local sellers.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
crujonez

Postby crujonez » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:20 pm

sweet got section 202 for philly. came out to $103. so happy :D
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Oh My G~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~D!!!

I am not calibrated for this :shock: !!!

One thing after another on the first one ~ kicking me back and back and back ~ TM and I were about to have a knock-down, drag-out... and there aren't many creatures in this world that inspire that kind of response from me!

THEN ~ I get Section 2 [that's the center section, with one on each side of it], Row 3, Seat 3 [so 5 seats from what would be dead center, which means I'm facing the Right side of the stage, i.e. to wit ~ DINO and JAVIER!! What a shame... :) . But I REALLY want first row, but am So Afraid to try again... for fear it'll be WORSE! So, I just GO WITH IT... kicking myself that I didn't have another browser pulled up for each venue, so I could have toggled between them Fine... I cheer loudly enough that it won't matter! And the view will still be fine... so, that's it. Done!

THEN ~ I see that was for TAMPA and I had WANTED to get my Ft. Lauderdale one FIRST!!! That's the area where Esther lives, so it's what I wanted MOST! So, here I go again! Better sailing, but still some unsightly waves. They really mangle those security codes words to where they're everything but legible!

FINALLY, it goes through and I ended up with:

VIP Floor Seating, Row A, Seat 11 [that means first row, halfway across]. I can't tell if VIP is on the right or left, though, or if it's separate from Section 1 and Section 2. If it's separate, that would mean I'm about in the middle.

SO! All in ALL ~ A VERY HAPPY DAY!!!

I wish I wish I wish I could've been in the first row for Tampa, but Ohhhhhh Wellllllllll...

What is it the Irish say? Come on, Ft. Lauderdale!!! [something like that ;-) ]

I also panicked when I saw "Seats 3" for Tampa because I took it to mean I had just BOUGHT 3 seats!!! Which meant I wouldn't be able to even GET Ft. Lauderdale ones :shock: !!! But, then, I saw that on the form, that's the slot for your seat #[s]... whew!

My hands were shaking by the end of it all , VERY cold, and still moist. The knot in my stomach even bigger! Some serious physiological responses going on here!

Now... I need a Mythos :D !!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
da2008

Postby da2008 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Haha, I love your story, Lizzy! Congratulations on getting great seats!!
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:51 pm

LIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!! :D :D :D :D :D

I am SO thrilled for you!!!! You can relax now and recommence breathing! Actually I went into both Florida venues just to test my TM speed for later and even though it was 10 minutes after the presale started I was able to get Row A, center in Ft Lauderdale, and Row 3 in Tampa! Wow. Somehow I think San Jose might be a little more difficult....

Congratulations Lizzy....you deserve the best!

Diana

ps....only 2 nerve-wracking hours and 8 minutes to go....arrgghh..
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Ah, thanks, da!!! And Avi and Diana and Sue!!!

I STILL keep reading ALL the print on the forms, for fear I screwed up somehow!!! Like... wouldn't they have told me if I entered some credit card info wrong or incompletely???

I'm telling you... I am only SETTLING for COFFEE... and ONLY because I'm working!!

~ Lizzy

OH... I clicked Submit and found your posting, Diana. I am SO relieved you were still only able to get Row 3 in Tampa! When I first saw you say Row 1, I thought you meant Tampa... which meant I SHOULD have tried again! But....WHEW!!! It was Ft. Lauderdale!!

I'm telling you Diana, I can't take this! Thank G~d I have Normally Low blood pressure 8) . Totally unpredictable outcomes if I didn't.

You're right... now I can at least BREATHE... and with that breath, I WISH YOU the VERY BEST in your OWN Ticket Search!!! Speaking of DESERVING the BEST :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!! You, my dear, all the way... and Mary right beside you :D :D :D !!!

You're right about San Jose... :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!

My BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST to you, DIANA :D :D :D !!!

I'm yelling here because I can't in my office :lol: ! But, regardless, my emphasis remains the same with every bit of feeling :D .

Love,
Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Lizzy

I am SO pleased to hear that your ticket buying was successful!! I was wondering how you got on but hardly dare look.

I know what you mean about "shouting" on line - it is so difficult to go through the emotion and stress of ticket buying process at work - the highs, the lows, the fear that someone will come and ask you a question or call you in to a meeting at just the wrong moment ....

Wendy
sue7

Postby sue7 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Lizzy,
Phew, that was like riding a rollercoaster, reading your emails!! Thanks for sharing, and I'm so pleased you got amazing seats! Now you can settle into that extraordinarily blissful feeling that You Have The Tickets. Enjoy...
Good luck, DIana, for San Jose. I so wish I could be there, but I'll settle for NYC...
Sue
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:24 pm

OOOOOHHHHHH LIZZZZZY !!!! YEEEEAAAAH !!!!!

Just got on and saw all the drama and tension that had ensued! I am soooo very very happy for you! Gosh, if you had a blood pressure cuff on during the whole ordeal, can you imagine what the reading would have been :shock: ? When you say VIP for Lauderdale, does this mean in the VIP section at the regular highest price or did you actually purchase a VIP package? That fleece throw is a must-have. I think they kept that front row seat open for you so that you would be next to Esther ;-) :lol: .
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
laylajune

Re: NYC fan club presale password announced on Facebook

Postby laylajune » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:36 pm

I SAW this. I'm on the LC Facebook stream. I wanted to post something, but I decided to hold my tongue. It was posted a day or two following the initial pre-sale, I believe, and I was hoping it was sold out.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:40 pm

THAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU, Wendy and Sue and Mary :D :D :D !!!

[Mary just having seen yours when I tried to Submit, with Wendy and Sue in my first line, I just added your name! Thank you :D :D :D !!! That fleece throw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ you're a trip! And that's funny because that has been my very thought... maybe I'll get to sit next to Esther! I KNOW she won't be in the THIRD row in Tampa, but at least there's hope for Ft. Lauderdale. No... I cannot imagine what the cuff would have read :lol: . NO... I did NOT purchase a package... but it's still the VIP section, purchased at the regular highest price... a miracle of the highest order in my world!]

I got clearance from my supervisor long ago for it, but still... that has ZERO to do with co-workers who might wander up and in!! Yesterday, I reminded her... and this morning, I reminded her again... and added in that I would have the phone up to my ear, as though I were talking, to keep anyone from interrupting. She said, "No problem!" When the time came, though, I was not about to approach this with one hand only... or with any of my senses compromised! THEN ~ TWO minutes into the Tampa madness with all the TM kick backs... I get a phone call! I just let it ring... and then heard another phone ring somewhere else... knowing it was the same person. It turned out to be the front desk, which I hadn't known previously, because I didn't even take my eyes off the screen.

Rather than have them walk back here, I just went ahead and got it, and tried to keep doing what I was doing. I heard something about a meeting in the BACK! And everyone else is already in there! And thought, "OH NO. NOT NOW." So, I told her I was busy right now and get there as soon as I can... then in whatever she said next, I deciphered what she'd said in the first place... and got it that there was a customer up front and she wants to know where she's supposed to go, if it's the meeting in the back, where everyone else is already in there. So, I had to regroup my thoughts and say, "Yes, Yes! THAT'S where she's supposed to BE!" And kept going...

Stressful enough under the BEST of circumstances, but whilst at work!?! Ey yi yi... untenable.

I'm so glad you already have yours, Sue. Watching from that perch is quite comfy :lol: ! And, Wendy, I hope for you that this day will again appear. One of those stressors that's actually worthwhile.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Nevermind Lizzy, just practiced on Ft. Lauderdale and pulled up VIP 1st row. Are people not trying for the best available?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 pm

OH! Well... I don't mind if other people sit in my row :lol: ... especially Esther 8) !! It very well could be that people aren't paying the higher prices here... this is not dyed-in-the-wool Cohen Country. But I've been told there are a LOT of New Yorkers [and I already knew about there being a lot of Jews] in that area... so the tickets will be bought, but maybe they're not trying yet? They may not be Forum folks to even know or bother with the pre-sale and having to be a member of the "fan club"! You never know.

All I KNOW is that I'M sitting in the front row... and that is good enough for me :D !!!

And, I just checked my messages and that first call came in at 10:07 and was actually a customer ;-) :lol: .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Are you telling me, if I understand correctly, that your first fantastic seat did not come up until 10:07? Phenomenal!!! Someone was definitely looking out for you!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”