The final poster

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
Joan

Re: The final poster

Post by Joan »

Thanks Dave for taking the trouble to spot that.
I'm still hoping that they will switch mine with one of the photo's that are clearly visable twice - the way it is at the moment, I'm not really included at all :(

(Having said that, I guess there are worse things than being covered up by Dino !!)

Kind Regards, Joan.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

UPDATE: We are doing a little more revamping of the mosaic to make sure everyone is shown in all their splendor at least once. So be patient for the final result. In the meantime, to all, please do check the mosaic file and find yourself in it. If you don't, please write me directly telling me your full name, the email address you used when you sent your photo, and if you have it handy, send your photo to me at megan2c2b@aol.com.

Joan and Honey, we apologize for your exclusion. Your photos will be photoshopped into the mosaic. We are under a tight deadline to get the mosaic finalized and to Jarkko for printing before he leaves for Barcelona. But it will be done so no need to fret. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and again, we're sorry. :oops:
Marie
Speaking Cohen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Joan and Honey, we apologize for your exclusion. Your photos will be photoshopped into the mosaic.
This is such wonderful news :D !!! Then, I'll truly feel like CELEBRATING this awesome poster 8) ! With two of our members missing, my sadness was overriding my joy.

I'm hoping that if anyone else's photo somehow got covered that they'll see that and alert Marie! ASAP!!! The symbolism of inclusion in this mosaic is very significant for those who submitted their photos with the intention of being part of it. It's been a heart project, from the beginning, all the way around.

Thanks so much, Marie, Laura, and Jarkko 8) 8) 8) !!! I'm so HAPPY now :D 8) :D !!!

I love how Pam and her husband are leading the way, from the upper left hand corner, with their unspoken, unsung, yet so touchingly conveyed, "Dance Me to the End of Love."

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
honey604

Post by honey604 »

Dear Marie...
Oh, that's wonderful news! I'll be so happy to see my face as one of the mosaic pieces. Thank you so much for photoshopping me in!!
This project is really special and I'm so glad to be part of it. Happy Birthday, dear Leonard, happy birthday to you... :D

PS: Thanks Lizzie for your sympathetic remarks.
Greg Ross

Re: Saying Thanks

Post by Greg Ross »

Ladies, may I add my small voice of thanks, - I know what's involved in taking on projects like this.
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Yes, thank you from me, too - what a great result you have achieved! And I have even found myself in the poster now, too... and so many others whose faces I recognize, great to be on there with all of you!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Laura

Post by Laura »

My deepest apologies to everyone who found out that they were not in the mosaic, it was my mistake. My logic was: there are spaces for more than 500 photos, I receive 250, that means that each photo will be repeated at least twice, so most likely at least one of them won't be covered by the band members. I didn't count on the fact that the program tended to repeat them in the same area. When I noticed that, I did some manual checking, but obviously not enough.
BUT... In order to be totally sure no one is missed, I had to check by hand and eye, photo by photo, each one of the 250 photos I have, and repeating this operation for about 250 times. It took me about 4 hours last night. So if anyone dares to complain anymore that some photos get repeated, I will personally strangle that person! ;-) (or make him/her do my 62.000 photos check, just to see how that feels like!) Don't worry, the results of all this checking will be available soon.

Laura
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Laura wrote:My deepest apologies to everyone who found out that they were not in the mosaic, it was my mistake. My logic was: there are spaces for more than 500 photos, I receive 250, that means that each photo will be repeated at least twice, so most likely at least one of them won't be covered by the band members. I didn't count on the fact that the program tended to repeat them in the same area. When I noticed that, I did some manual checking, but obviously not enough.
BUT... In order to be totally sure no one is missed, I had to check by hand and eye, photo by photo, each one of the 250 photos I have, and repeating this operation for about 250 times. It took me about 4 hours last night. So if anyone dares to complain anymore that some photos get repeated, I will personally strangle that person! ;-) (or make him/her do my 62.000 photos check, just to see how that feels like!) Don't worry, the results of all this checking will be available soon.

Laura
What a wonderful job you have all done ... and particularly thanks to Lauara for the care at the end ... your patience and dedication to your work reminds me of someone who we all love here!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Heike

Post by Heike »

Usually, I don't like crowds, but I'm very glad to be part of the "crowd" on the mosaik.
Thank you Marie, Pam, Linda, and especially Laura, for dedicating so much time and creativity and achieving such a marvellous result :D !
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

The mosaic is amazingly beautiful - a real work of art...and love. Well done team! and a special thank you to Marie who helped me, a 'recent addition' to this site, submit my photo. I am thrilled to be part of something so lovely.
Gilly, x
P.S. I so want to be in Barcelona on 21st, but am teaching..... :D :) 8) :lol: :razz:
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
dick

Post by dick »

Congrats and thanks to you Laura for heroic efforts and great end result.

hugs
dick
trish

Post by trish »

After my first look at this poster, I am amazed as to how stunning this production is!

At first I thought it would be a special collage of a whole load of photos which was an absolutely brilliant idea - so meaningful and full of heartfelt warm wishes to Leonard. I never imagined I would be bowled over by such an amazing artistic production! I cannot get over the whole layout and the amazing way the band members have been integrated into the design as part of that wonderful ray of light. The concept of a mosaic was wonderful - this production is just superb.

Well done to Laura and all the team on the ingenuity and wonderful artistic design of this, not to mention your hard work in the difficult and intricate task of incorporating so many photos. It is truly amazing and beautiful. I was delighted initially just at the thought of being included in this wonderful group gesture, now I am proud to be a tiny part of such an amazing and beautiful work of art! Well done and a huge thank you to Laura and everyone else involved... and compliments on your amazing talent.

Well done also to all the banana-eating and hat-wearing fanatics out there, some of the photos gave me a real chuckle! This poster is absolute class and so thoughtful and individual! What a wonderful way to say Happy Birthday to such a much-loved and special person :)
trish

Post by trish »

Laura wrote:My deepest apologies to everyone who found out that they were not in the mosaic, it was my mistake. My logic was: there are spaces for more than 500 photos, I receive 250, that means that each photo will be repeated at least twice, so most likely at least one of them won't be covered by the band members. I didn't count on the fact that the program tended to repeat them in the same area. When I noticed that, I did some manual checking, but obviously not enough.

Laura
Laura,

Thanks or all your hard work and also for checking now that no-one has been covered up by the band. Though this is indeed a good complaint.

The idea of the incorporating the band members into that spotlight was just ingenuous. And just remember - for the light to get in, there has to be a crack :)
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag »

This poster is absolutely outstanding and a very big thank you must go to all of you who have put so much time and effort into this project, It really is fabulous!

Ruth

"This forum oozes with kindness and talent, it's a very comfortable place to be"
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Any chance that when the online store is up and running (yes Jarkko, we are being patient ;-) ) that this poster might become available for purchase, please? I'm sure a number of us would love a copy of the phenomenal result!

Kindest regards,
Mary

And I forgot to say, a BIG thank you for including Fred with the band photos!!!!!!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”