YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
mutti

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by mutti »

Yeah Mary B. and Yeah Diana! just in time..great photos
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Lady Di,
That is a wonderful picture of you. I am so glad that you posted it. It is so nice to see everyone's picture and now I have a face to associate with a name. So many beautiful faces grace this forum.
donalagata
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Yeah Diana! Great picture! Look at that beautiful smile!

Greg, Thank you so much for your offer, but I did get a confirmation saying that the photos I emailed were received. I will try Isolde's and LisaLCFan's suggestions (thank you both) tomorrow, oh I guess that would be later today, and see if I can manage to upload them to the forum. Gorbachev was fascinating but didn't speak English :? ? Does that mean that among all your many talents that now we add speaking Russian?

ronniev - loved your Gypsy's Wife theme photo - how clever!

lisz - You look young to me. What a unique art series you're working on!

Jean-Baptiste - your daughter Suzanne is gorgeous!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina »

hydriot wrote:
Stamatina wrote:I don't like photos of me smiling. My teeth aren't straight and the dracula teeth are too damn long and pointy!!
Don't be too concerned about looks, Stamatina. Any boy who cares too much what you look like isn't worth having.

Physical beauty will hold a man for thirty minutes; a loving personality, for thirty years.
It doesn't have to do only with boys and men. I am the one who doesn't like me and it's my opinion I care about. :razz:

I not only believe what you say, but it's actually.. a rule for me. Thanks. :)
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
Greg Ross

Re: A Great Couple

Post by Greg Ross »

Alas, a little too late for the mosaic, besides, the lovely Mary may not approve, but here they are and for those of us who know they are a wonderful couple.
Attachments
George & Mary Framed!.jpg
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hey Laura, did you get enough photos to fill the mosaic, or is that a silly question?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to those pioneers, led by Dick, who posted their photos on this thread and coaxed the more reserved amongst us out of hiding. I have never before posted a photograph of myself or any vaguely personal information on the internet. However, I felt amongst friends here and it seemed so unfair to withhold my own likeness when I enjoyed seeing other people's so much.

It has been absolutely wonderful to put faces to some very familiar names but also to be reminded of those like Diana and Lizzy who I have met in person on my travels over the past year or so. I believe we have all gained a lot from this project.

A final big thank you goes to Marie, Laura and Pam for piloting the project through. I can't wait to see the final result!!

Wendy
mutti

Post by mutti »

Mary and George! Fabulous photo!
Greg you are brilliant and so close from so far away...
I agree with the last poster..it is so nice to see everyone's faces and also to see the few of people I did actually meet..
Mary B, Diana, George, Lizzy, Greg, Kelsey, Roman..
and now when we do see each other at concerts maybe we will recognize each other..
thanks Laura and everyone making the mosaic.
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Wendy, my sentiments exactly! Dick was very brave and as a result elicited a wonderful response from everyone. I too was very nervous posting my photo. In fact it's not the one sent to Laura (didn't have time to resize it for the Forum) but thought I should post something because everyone else was. It's one thing having photos on Facebook amongst a few friends, but there are so many people on the Forum. How wonderful though to put faces to the names and I'm once again reminded of the diversity of us all. So many countries, so many ages....and the common thread that binds us together is Leonard!

I also wish to thank Marie, Laura and Pam for all their dedicated work. Laura and Pam, your artistic ability is awesome and I know there is still a lot of hard work to be done, but I'm sure every member of the Forum appreciates your efforts. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

All the best,
Diana
Last edited by ladydi on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
siempie1956

Post by siempie1956 »

How can we keep track of what will happen to the mosaic?
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Nice to "see" Mary and George again!

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

Well you're all making me feel bad for not putting my photo here.

This is with 'my' Leonard!

John will do his next!!
Attachments
jill hammond and leonard.jpg
jill hammond and leonard.jpg (24.82 KiB) Viewed 10773 times
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

Here it is.
Sorry for smudging the ether with this picture. First prize in the village idiot contest anyone?
Attachments
johnhammond.jpg
johnhammond.jpg (24.37 KiB) Viewed 10762 times
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Hi All,

Just a reminder, the period for accepting photos for the mosaic has come to an end. We received a huge number of photos this past weekend and on Monday, so we will need some time to catch up before we can report on the results.

Thank you all so much for sending in your photos and making this birthday greeting for Leonard possible. You certainly have shown Leonard lots of love and I am sure he will appreciate it very much. Good job everyone!

Marie
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Hey, mydoglorca (with the dog, obviously), and John!
These are lovely pictures, and I really like the banana one, John - good thinking! You really look good, all of you...
Laura, Marie and Pam - thanks for all the time and work you have put into this! It is highly appreciated!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”