YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
Cate

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by Cate »

Greg What a great picture of you and Bill Clinton!

I had a great time on Saturday not seeing him - he was giving a speech at our fair, but my friend and I went much to late and after standing in line for over an hour the wicket booths closed. It was great fun though and we did hear part of the speech from outside. So the closet I've ever been to Bill is standing behind a wall listening, whereas you have been shoulder to shoulder - I'm quite envious.
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Stamatina wrote:I don't like photos of me smiling. My teeth aren't straight and the dracula teeth are too damn long and pointy!!
Don't be too concerned about looks, Stamatina. Any boy who cares too much what you look like isn't worth having.

Physical beauty will hold a man for thirty minutes; a loving personality, for thirty years.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

I submitted mine last night (more than 24 hours ahead of the deadline, despite my promise of full procrastination).
Just came back here to publicly thank Marie, Laura and Pam for all of the time and effort that they are putting into this project. Thank you guys!!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Greg Ross

Re: Introducing an Honorary Wet Rocks Member

Post by Greg Ross »

I will post this on our Wet Rocks Forum, however I'm currently on the phone to Ann (Womanfromaroom) and I mentioned our Wet Rocks crowd, she said, she'd been following it all, but felt she couldn't really intrude, as she wasn't of us. I felt terrible, as though we were excluding her, so may I ask that we accept her as a non-voting Wet Rocks Associate Member?
Attachments
Ann & The Fedora.jpg
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

OF COURSE Ann is accepted!!! We can always have honorary members! Wish she could have been there with us....but for the 4th also!

Diana
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

hydriot wrote:
Stamatina wrote:I don't like photos of me smiling. My teeth aren't straight and the dracula teeth are too damn long and pointy!!
Don't be too concerned about looks, Stamatina. Any boy who cares too much what you look like isn't worth having.

Physical beauty will hold a man for thirty minutes; a loving personality, for thirty years.
Hydriot, you are a beautiful man with a wonderful soul. Your wife is indeed a fortunate woman!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Greg,

Of course Ann is welcome on the Wet Rocks thread, it's part of this forum! Last thing I would want is for other members to think it's a clique. I like to think that forum members can go to any thread and say what's on their minds. When you follow certain threads and you see the same members posting and then all of a sudden another member joins in, many times it brings new life to the topic and is so very exciting. Come on Ann and anyone else, join the rest of us!

I always said you were a Grand Poobah of sorts of Australia. The photo of you and Bill Clinton proves it. Fess up. Did you pow-wow with the ex-president and he disclosed his fitness regimen to you ;-) ? Because now, you're half the man you used to be ;-) :lol: and looking very fit 8) .

Again, you come to my rescue and post a photo of me here. My humble thanks. Meanwhile, I have been having a blast viewing everyone else's fantastic pics here - so many beautiful photos! Your photos have made my task so very daunting. Photo after photo taken and none of them good enough after seeing all your phenomenal results. I can't even begin to break it down as did our Lizzy. Suffice to say, thank you to all for giving me the opportunity to connect faces to the names. Short of the pleasure of being afforded the possibility of meeting you in person at meetups, I know I will visit this thread often to refresh my memory. This mosaic will not only be a gift to Leonard, but a gift to me as well in the way of a treasure trove of wonderful photos of so many members - thank you all again!

Warmest regards,
Mary

Thank you Leslie, Stamatina, and Isolde for trying to help out this incompetent soul! Isolde, I will give a try on the pixel thing. It sounds like it just might do the trick. If not, my mosaic photos were probably just not meant to be posted.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

For those of you who are being told that your photos are too large to insert into the forum threads, here is a link for Windows XP users that includes a photo resizing tool that you can download. Click on this link, then scroll down the page a bit, and in the list on the right-hand side, you'll find the resizing tool download link. This will enable you to make photos smaller for forums, emails, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx
Jean-Baptiste

Post by Jean-Baptiste »

Dear All,
Our lovely daughter Suzanne who saw 10 concerts helped us to add her photo.
We need a young lady to be familiar with this !!
All the best to all !
Jean Baptiste and Natacha
Attachments
suzanne.jpg
suzanne.jpg (31.06 KiB) Viewed 7503 times
ronnievv

Post by ronnievv »

Afrter long deciding, I have submitted my picture yesterday; Leonard's Prague concert did the trick for me. He played "Gipsy Wife", so I submitted my "Gipsy Wife" photo :) - and here it is for you to see:
Attachments
Gipsy wife indeed (the "do" is a wig, alas...)
Gipsy wife indeed (the "do" is a wig, alas...)
Veronika: Prague 2008/Berlin 2009/Bratislava 2009/Prague 2009/Prague 2013...
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Dear "Wet Rocks"-people,

thank you so much - Greg, for "suggesting" me; Diana and Mary - for your very kind words! I am honoured to be a "honorary member", and, yes, I wish I could have been there - it seems to have been the greatest (and the only? - er- still - ) Leonard concert without a concert, so to speak!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
lisz

Post by lisz »

Well i set up the camera, took a dozen, and in all of them i look a much older version than the one in my own head..... so i am gonna bite the bullet, and possibly admit that this is what i look like maybe? lol. Blame the harsh New Zealand sun. Anyway, couldnt resist posing in front of some of the works in my "Tower of Song" series, which i am yet to finish and exhibit. I had such a strong emotional reaction to Leonards concert, i just felt so surrounded by the words and music, that i have been working on this series now since february. Of course i have to have the cd playing while i work....
Attachments
liszb.JPG
liszb.JPG (97.99 KiB) Viewed 7351 times
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi everyone,

Well, this is NOT the photo I submitted but was second choice...sort of a casual-in-the-mountains-thinking-only-of-hiking type photo....

ps..will have LOTS to say tomorrow about everyone else! OMG....you are all gorgeous! Leonard will be SO impressed and I'm sure when he peruses the mosaic, he will be blown away by some of the photos!
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

I was right, our Ladies of the Forum are indeed beautiful people in every sense of the word, lovely to see Di here and Kia Ora Lisz from a Kiwi expat, I love the prints, do you have a website? Come to think of it, here's a taste of Maori talent for you all, I posted it on Facebook last night and everyone loves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GXua6gD4Hc

Now, Mary my love, glad you like the pic, but it is too small to use, however, it occurs to me that I could probably crop a double act that would be OK - you and your long suffering better half, I could do it this eve when I get home, post it here and if you like it, email it through for you. As for Bill, yes we did speak, I really liked him, he was here for a fund raising event for our major children's hospital, Princess Margaret and I organised the naming rights sponsorship of the event (as marketing manager of the company I was working for). I tell you another person I really liked, was Gorbachov, he didn't speak English, but was a fascinating person - very charismatic, like Bill.

I've been fortunate enough to meet some incredible people, luck of the game I guess, I hope one day to meet Obama and his wife, I'd like to cook them a meal and just chew the fat about life and yes, it goes without saying that I'd love to meet Leonard - hey, having the three of them to dinner with our Wet Rocks mob, now there's a dream to strive for!
Last edited by Greg Ross on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Diana -

I see you found your FBR, and you posted with 3 hrs and 29 min to spare! Well done! :D Great photo.

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”