Mosaic Main Photo Discussion

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
dick

Re: Mosaic Main Photo Discussion

Post by dick »

Just checking in to praise Laura and Pam for stunning work! I am hard pressed to chose a favorite --- so I'll stick with collecting for the Chelsea plaque.

Thanks and huge hugs to Laura and Pam.

Dick
redstudio

Post by redstudio »

lizzytysh wrote:I'm not sure about the mottling in the faces on the most recent one of yours, Pam. What is that all about?

~ Lizzy
Hi Lizzy,
That mottling of the faces happens when I use photo shop to outline the figures. In a final version version I would keep the outline but edit any unwanted effects to clean up the image. That one was just a close up of a previous image to show the individual photos in relation to the band. Pam
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
jacinta

Post by jacinta »

My preference is for Laura's mosaic,as it seems more of a tribute to to the years of music and poetry, and I love the idea of the light getting in..I would prefer not to have "thanks ..etc' written on it..the mosiac is the thanks and I think it takes from the image.
I would like to see some of his own words subtly put in through the mosaic...and if it was possible, would like if there were some images of the many worldwide concerts...and perhaphs one of his audience listening to him in the rain in dublin last year, where we wore 'our famous blue raincoats' and did not notice the rain!
redstudio

Post by redstudio »

I just wanted to check in to say that we have been working on making our final images and aren't quite done yet. Pam
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
Laura

Post by Laura »

redstudio wrote:I just wanted to check in to say that we have been working on making our final images and aren't quite done yet. Pam
...and we really apreciate all the feedback received here; problem is getting it all in one image!

Laura
kwills

Post by kwills »

I'm in awe of both of your contributions,but when push comes to shove,I think that Laura's idea with the light shining through
has my vote it took my attention straight away.I'm torn between the first image and the one with more colour in it,maybe a compromise
between the two?
Oh God! I just compared the two again and I'm in two minds again! Whichever, both are great!

Well done to you both and thank you for your hard work.
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Whew! I just made my way through this whole thread in 15 mins, and think Leonard Cohen fans are mighty talented! All of the suggestions have been amazing. Can't wait to see the finals up. THANK you all who have created these what a wonderful break from work!

Cara
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag »

Laura and Pam thank you both so much for all your creative effort with the mosaics.

:)
isolde

Post by isolde »

! an excellent idea to create his portrait from the received fotos !

isolde / the real one
bochum (bonn)1979 - dortmund 1980 - oberhausen 2008 - lisboa 2009 - dortmund 2010 - mönchengladbach 2012 - oberhausen 2013

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”