Chelsea Hotel Plaque

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
dick

Re: Chelsea Hotel Plaque

Post by dick »

Have a Chelsea photo you guys might enjoy. This picture was taken during the three hour tour written up by Tina Sussman for the LATimes. It is just one of the current hotel rooms. Esther, as it happens, is on the couch under the window. Tina is the lady in orange taking notes. The man in black in front of the mirror is the hotel tour guide, Jerry Weinstein. One of those happy coincidences.
Attachments
esther at chelsea.jpg
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Okay Dick, I'm now moving to post 754... ;-)

Simply a suggestion, but whenever the plaque is ready to be installed, perhaps there could be another NY meetup..yes? I know that many fans from the east coast and midwest would probably attend and it could be sort of cool. Sort of an unplanned (but "planned") Leonard get-together! Even if there were only 30 of us it would be awesome! We would have to include someone who can sing!

Best regards,
Diana
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks Di and Leonard

I agree completely

BUT am simply in no position to name a time yet ... any volunteer meet-up organizers, and ceremony planners, let me know who you are and I will send you progress reports. Have a couple of thoughts, but am not willing to share them until I have some more sure time frame. When will be a key factor.

OK?

Dick
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Okey-dokey! I am sure we will all make sure we are available whenever the event occurs!

Thanks Dick!

Diana
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Funny to see our full, real names in their bills;P
Tomislav, you have sent $10.00 USD to Richard.
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

Dear Dick,

Thanks so much for organizing this. I will be happy to assist with Chelsea Hotel NY meetup and ceremony planning.

Jacqueline
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Dick,

Great momentum.

I will be happy to help in any way I can

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Dick ~

I want to mail my money [$20] to you directly and was thinking you'd posted an address for that. Apparently not? At least I can't find it. Could you PM me with it, then? It'll go out in Monday's mail.

Thanks.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
caz

Post by caz »

Thanks for the address Dick. $10 winging its way from sunny Sheffield as we speak.

Carole
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Hi Dick,

Great idea and I'm more than happy to take part. Have just sent $10 through Paypal. It was easier than I thought!

All the best,

Eric.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Hi Dick,

The plaque is a great idea for Leonard's birthday gift!

I've just sent $10.00 USD via PayPal – thanks for this opportunity.

Sheila
Inge

Post by Inge »

Hello Dick,

Thank you for this beautiful idea to give Leonard his own plaque at the Chelsea Hotel. If anyone deserves it, it's Leonard Cohen. I have just sent you $10.00 USD through PayPal.

Thanks again,
Inge
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks all for kudos

Not sure it was my idea first... Jarkko and I ...and Marie.. have been discussing for quite some time. Before even the NY Event in 2004 I think. Just tales me awhile sometimes to complete a project :D

Like the Master finishing a song???

Again.... thanks all.

Dick
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Dick wrote:Thanks all for kudos

Not sure it was my idea first... Jarkko and I ...and Marie.. have been discussing for quite some time. Before even the NY Event in 2004 I think. Just tales me awhile sometimes to complete a project :D

Like the Master finishing a song???

Again.... thanks all.

Dick

Well, sometimes it is indeed these comparatively slow approaches which lead to the best results, as we all know! ;-) And you are just as humble as the Master, so - thank you and hats off!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

What a wonderful idea!

Dick - Thanks very much for arranging all this. I just sent you $10.00 via paypal.

I would like to think that one day I would make it to the Chelsea Hotel to see the plaque in situ.

Thanks again

Lorelei.....getting excited at the thought of seeing Leonard in Liverpool next week. My tickets arrived yesterday (Phew :!: :!: :!: )

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”