CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birthday)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
somewhat_nifty

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birthday)

Post by somewhat_nifty »

What brilliant photos :D Like Happygirl, can't believe it was a week ago it was all happening...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi
Sorry for delay but I have a very, very old computer and it takes for ever to download not to mention that it goes into 'fatal mode' as it can't cope :(
I can't believe it's already a week since THE concert. Got a lot more clips to add and I don't know how long it will take so please be patient :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwerOYMPcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mly9tGAxC3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3dtTttpnM
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

We were all on the march this time last week...... :cry: poster at the ready...... :cry: What a fab time it was, great memories that make me smile broadly when I think back.
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
trish

Post by trish »

burningviolin wrote:We were all on the march this time last week...... :cry: poster at the ready...... :cry: What a fab time it was, great memories that make me smile broadly when I think back.
Burning Violin, I am sure that Leonard smiled broadly when he saw your poster too :)
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I have really enjoyed reading all the reviews and watching the videos. Last week was such a memorable experience and it is helping me hang on to that magical feeling.

I’m sure that many people feel the same way, but two moments stand out for me in this amazing concert that will stay with me forever. The first, during Suzanne when all the Forum members lit their thin green candles. I felt so proud and privileged to be part of the Forum family. The second, when Leonard thanked the members of the Forum after Whither Thou Goest. I thought my heart would burst.

It was so wonderful to meet so many lovely people in the beautiful city of Barcelona!

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi
A few more for you that I have downloaded today
First we take Manhattan
If it be your will/Closing time
I tried to leave you
Famous blue raincoat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HWHI7jngWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oUccPRBDVc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsya3F4kOU4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtfNX0qwF14

Enjoy I hope :D
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Greetings to all from lovely autumnal Dublin,

It has taken me a week to come down from the high of Barcelona - it was magical. So many memories to cherish for the rest of my life. I feel so blessed and privileged to be part of this wonderful group of people. I can't add anything more about the concert - it has all been said on this thread and the photos tell the story. So from the bottom of my heart I send my thanks to our Spanish team for such kindness and hospitality in your beautiful city. To all the forum members I had the honour of meeting in Hydra for the first time in June and again last week, thank you for the warmth of your welcome. Meeting so many new Cohenites in Barcelona was pure pleasure.

To Jarkko and Eija - take a bow, you have made it all possible.

On Sunday evening my beautiful 7 year old daughter burst into tears "oh mommy" she cried, "are you going to live with Leonard because you love him so much...?"

Fellow forum members - you understand the nature of this particular addiction!!!!!

In song.

Paula :D
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi everyone.

I followed the reports here quite carefully, but I might have missed something in the 16-previous pages. So I have a question, about something that no one seems to have mentioned here. I thought I heard something about a new song being rehearsed at the soundcheck; was anybody present there, did that really happen?!

Laura
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thank you one and all for all the posts and you tubes and photos you have placed....
it made it so much closer for those of us who couldn't be there in person.
I imagine it was one of the most memorable evenings and very magical being in Barcelona...
the thin green candles at Suzanne was incredible!
Much love
Mutti 8) :lol: 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Laura wrote:Hi everyone.

I followed the reports here quite carefully, but I might have missed something in the 16-previous pages. So I have a question, about something that no one seems to have mentioned here. I thought I heard something about a new song being rehearsed at the soundcheck; was anybody present there, did that really happen?!

Laura
Laura,
I believe Jarkko told me something about a new 15 minute long song being played during soundcheck, but I'm not 100% sure now... :roll:
The best persons to ask are Jarkko and Henning, so perhaps one of them can help us out here...?

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Laura

Post by Laura »

Maarten wrote:
Laura,
I believe Jarkko told me something about a new 15 minute long song being played during soundcheck, but I'm not 100% sure now... :roll:
The best persons to ask are Jarkko and Henning, so perhaps one of them can help us out here...?

Maarten

15-min long?!! Now I definitely want to know more! Please!!!
So there were no other privileged allowed at the soundcheck?

Laura
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Laura,
Only a few lucky ones (J and H) had a golden ticket to go and see the soundcheck, but some of us were already at the venue and you could listen to the soundcheck if you stayed close enough to the entrance. I was there too, but decided to have a talk with some of the other members that were queing up to get their tickets from the box office... I haven't heard anything of the soundcheck myself, sorry...

That's about all I know...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Actually

Post by Actually »

I was busy taking pictures, when I should have pressed my ear against the walls of the buildung...

Here's some Barcelona spirit for all you people, who have been there, and even more so for the ones, who couldn't...

Laura

Post by Laura »

Thank you, Maarten. :-)
Apparently sometimes it's good to listen at the doors (I would have done so!)

Laura
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Exxxquisite photo, Actually 8) :D 8) !!! A breathtaking WoW.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”