CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birthday)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Happygirl

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birthday)

Post by Happygirl »

I finally managed to upload this one, my favourite pic of the weekend ;-)
Attachments
Jarkko and Eija
Jarkko and Eija
I lit a thin green candle {in Barcelona} to make you jealous of me
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Thanks everyone for the positive comments about the picture show.

I have now made a copy in flash for the Mac users.
Click on the link direct below the original Barcelona picture show.
On my PC is the quality of the flash version not as good as the original windows version, but you can see it.
You will find it on http://www.icantforget.nl

Thank you Albert for the wonderful videos at Youtube.

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Wow! Thanks for all the great pix Happygirl :D
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
ForYourSmile

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birth

Post by ForYourSmile »

Leonard Cohen wrote:I wonder how many people in this city...
Monday's concert and the others than I have lived in Barcelona may answer the question, but I am surprised to see so many people as me.

However I am glad that so many are so emotional and warm. I am proud. At the same time, it is very difficult for the enormous size of the place and so excited people would give us a perfect concert. The sound was not the best, precipitate applause and someone than brayed "If It Be Your Will", sacrilege. Anyway, I prefer it that way, open-hearted. We lived a party and we declared our love and he corresponded us, especially for the members of this forum.

A pleasure to see all these comments, photos and videos at youtube. What unforgettable times in the Wijbe & Willy video! And the music chosen is a nice touch for us: Joaquin Sabina singing in Spanish "En pie de guerra" in a very free adaptation of "There Is A War" and Toti Soler in Catalan "Susanna". Sabina, a famous Spanish songwriter and another fan of Cohen, was in the first row. Thanks again, Shell & Toni

Edited for moved link
Last edited by ForYourSmile on Thu May 01, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

burningviolin wrote:Just a few photos.

And another
Attachments
P9210079.JPG
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
vered

Post by vered »

here are some photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/saarve4/Leo ... lona210909#
i hope you can see the photos
Berlin 2008 - Barcelona 2009- Tel-Aviv 2009
crystal

Post by crystal »

We came back last from Barcelona and I spent most of the night reading this thread and reliving Sunday and Monday. Everything has been said and I can't add anything new. Just that it was far more than a concert, it was an emotional experience and my husband and I are so very grateful that we have been able to share this.
Thank you to everybody who made this possible.
Christel
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi All,
The Barcelona concert is now available on dimeadozen.
Not sure how good the quality is but will find out later.
Last show of Mr.Cohen in Spain.After his stomacal problems in Valencia 2 days before the show in Barcelona,Cohen celebrated his 75th years old with the Barcelona cityzens who enjoyed very much the last show of this fantastic musician. I download the complet show, no cuts.Hope you apreciate this recording.Probably the best show of the year in Barcelona
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
patuantunes

Post by patuantunes »

Hi folks!

I was in Leonard's concert in Barcelona and it was really really really the most touching thing I've experienced in many months. Beautiful!!! I won't forget that for a long time!!! Congratulations Leonard & team. Wish you joy and happiness ;-)
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

I know there are loads of pictures here by now, but here's a few of mine:

I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Juan Luis Corcobado

Post by Juan Luis Corcobado »

Wybe wrote:Thanks everyone for the positive comments about the picture show.

I have now made a copy in flash for the Mac users.
Many thanks, but on my Mac with Leopard OS 10.6.1 (the last one) the picture show not work.

:-(

Juan Luis.
Juan Luis Corcobado Cartes
Pal. Deportes de Madrid 1993 | Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009 | Pal. Deportes de Madrid 2009 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012 | The O2 Dublin 2013
corcobado[at]gmail.com
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

daveeliver wrote:Hi All,
The Barcelona concert is now available on dimeadozen.
Not sure how good the quality is but will find out later.
The txt file that comes with this download says:

Befeore the show 125 fans meet with Mr.Cohen in a private "lunch" at the Vivaldi room on the same venue.

:-)

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Maarten wrote:Befeore the show 125 fans meet with Mr.Cohen in a private "lunch" at the Vivaldi room on the same venue.

:-)

Maarten
I had to smile at this. As we left the Sala Vivaldi on Monday afternoon, 2 young Spaniards rushed towards us. We feared the worst - after all it was a quiet side street and there was no one else around at the time - until the guys spoke: "Mr Cohen, he is inside now, yes?"

Wendy
shazzan01

Post by shazzan01 »

Barcelona was our first Leonard Cohen concert, an anniversary present to ourselves, we have been fans for many years. The whole evening was such a fantastic emotional experience that we didn't want it to end, but of course it had to. Even getting pickpocketed the next day in the Parc Guell did not take the shine off our stay in Barcelona. Once home again, we find that the concert is constantly in our thoughts, day and night, and the music keeps going through our heads. We look at each other and discover for instance, that Hallelujah is running through both our minds at the time, the concert had such a profound influence on us. I keep reading the concert reports (how I wish we had found this forum before we went!). It has been five days now and still the music flows through my head, how can I get it to stop...

Suzanne H
:razz:
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

shazzan01 wrote:Barcelona was our first Leonard Cohen concert, an anniversary present to ourselves, we have been fans for many years. The whole evening was such a fantastic emotional experience that we didn't want it to end, but of course it had to. Even getting pickpocketed the next day in the Parc Guell did not take the shine off our stay in Barcelona. Once home again, we find that the concert is constantly in our thoughts, day and night, and the music keeps going through our heads. We look at each other and discover for instance, that Hallelujah is running through both our minds at the time, the concert had such a profound influence on us. I keep reading the concert reports (how I wish we had found this forum before we went!). It has been five days now and still the music flows through my head, how can I get it to stop...

Suzanne H
:razz:
It won't stop. I saw Len in July & I'm still on a high from that gig.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”