CONCERT REPORT: Weybridge, July 11

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
somewhat_nifty

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Weybridge, July 11

Post by somewhat_nifty »

mnkyface wrote:Mistake, and a slick recovery, happens after about 5:00 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyAi6Vu8mhs
Leonard loses track of the fast chorus (missed you since our place got wrecked/gates of love they budged an inch/etc) and seems to think it's pretty darn funny, as does Rafael Gayol. LC calls "where are we?" (I think) to the singers and I LOVE the way he gets back into it. What a pro. 8) :lol: I didn't even notice this the first time I watched it.
That's great - that song's such a tongue twister I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often! Didn't notice on the night, too busy clapping along and enjoying myself :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
linmag

Post by linmag »

Has anyone else found their attitude to rain has changed since Weybridge?

I have always hated getting wet, so arrived at Weybridge with waterproof coverings from head to foot, but found I couldn't wear my gloves because it meant I couldn't clap properly. It didn't bother me much, especially as the evening wore on and the atmosphere got lighter as the rain got heavier. I was vaguely aware of an occasional dampness around the fingers as I happily clapped and stomped along to Closing Time (I didn't notice the glitch, either :) ).

The beautiful thing is that every time I have felt raindrops on my hands since then it has taken me straight back to that magical evening in Weybridge with Leonard (and a few thousand others). You would have to live in England and know what sort of a 'summer' we are having to appreciate just what a gift this has been ;-) .
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Helensj

Post by Helensj »

Here is our belated review of the wet/weybridge concert ...

http://www.dorsetbay.plus.com/events/lcwey/lcwey01.htm

Helen & steve
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Helensj wrote:Here is our belated review of the wet/weybridge concert ...

http://www.dorsetbay.plus.com/events/lcwey/lcwey01.htm

Helen & steve
Good review, but I don't think the setlist was short by a song: Democracy was played instead of Waiting For The Miracle, as seemed to be the case with the next run of performances.
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

Parsifal wrote:
Good review, but I don't think the setlist was short by a song: Democracy was played instead of Waiting For The Miracle, as seemed to be the case with the next run of performances.
No I don't think the setlist was short by one song either. I seem to remember leaving at around 10.10 or 10.15pm but the concert started at 7pm instead of 8.

Very good review though. I enjoyed reading it & watching the short clip of 'Lover, Lover, Lover'. Unfortunately I wasn't early enough to catch the sound check. The review brought back wonderful memories. Was it really 5 weeks ago now. :(
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
Helensj

Post by Helensj »

Thanks for the comments and I think you are both right about the set list. I have gone back to Maarten's lists and think I must have miscounted so will amend that bit. One of the reasons for publishing the link was so that people could point out any mistakes. I think I was looking at the previous set lists and thought Chelsea Hotel #2 had been omitted - but of course he substiitued Heart With No Companion. Blame it on the rain - a month on we are still drying out!
Thanks for pointing this out
Helen
sebmelmoth2003

brooklands hotel - weybridge

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

anyone eager to revisit the venue can see summer concerts :

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content ... rts_050510
johnphall

Post by johnphall »

Too bad. I just missed this by 1 week...

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Cheers.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”