Meet-up in Venice!!!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
pironi

Meet-up in Venice!!!

Post by pironi »

Are there any plans to get together in Venice?? The concert is on Monday, what about meeting somewhere on Sunday??
pietro.
andrea

Re: Meet-up in Venice?

Post by andrea »

Hi Pironi,
yes we thought of organizing some place for sunday night. Have to find out a suitable bar or osteria.
We thought also of campo san paolo (the old church or brewery which got a Pizzeria ) or somewhere in campo santa margherita or Canareggio. Do you have any idea??? Where in Italy do you live??? I live in Verona.
Ciao a presto
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
pironi

Post by pironi »

Campo San Polo sounds good. We could stay at the pizzeria, or Ostaria alla Patatina. We could also consider Restaurant alla Madonna http://www.ristoranteallamadonna.com/eng/locale.htm (but it's more expensive than the others)
pietro.
andrea

meet-up venice sunday evening (2nd august)

Post by andrea »

Grazie Pietro,
ok I will go and have a look (with a cohenite woman from Venice) and than let you and the other cohenites from the forum know. Yes, San Polo I think is very good.

Now a question to everyone from this forum going to the Venice concert :
Who would like to join the sunday evening meet-up ???

We already know of about 10 -15 cohenites (the ones we talked to on Hydra) , but it would be important to have a number for the booking of the place.
Just let us know in this thread by mid july, in order to have an idea how many will join, thanks .
ciao
Andrea
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Hi Andrea

I hope to be in Venice on the Sunday night, however my flight doesn't arrive until 8.30pm, so I will not be there for dinner, but will probably join you all later.

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
andrea

Re: Meet-up in Venice!!!!

Post by andrea »

Hi guys,
today I went to Venice and went around bars and restaurants (with the wonderful and worthful support of Francesca from Venice) to find out some suitable places for our meetup/s.
I have to sort it out and by the end of this week we will put the details in this thread.
Partecipants coming I know from :
Jarkko + Eija - Finland (Sunday dinner, monday meetup)
Willy + Wijbe - Holland (Sunday dinner, monday meetup)
Francesca P. + Giovanni I. - Italy Venice (Sunday dinner, monday meetup)
Andrea + Marco- Italy Verona (sunday dinner, monday meetup)
L +B (Holland)
F + d (Holland) ???
Fr. -Germany
U - Germany
Tony + daughter -Ireland (late sunday evening and monday meetup)
Ken - UK (sunday dinner, monday meetup)
Maarten Massa + Wenche Bats, Belgium (sunday, dinner, monday meetup)
Anna O. + family - Italy Pescara (only monday meetup)
P - Italy R. Emilia
Paul + Anna - Italy Umbria , (monday meetup)
PP - Italy -Ariccia
Maureen + husband - UK (late sunday evening and meetup )
Susanne + Fritz Switzerland (monday meetup after concert)
Feder84 - Italy (sunday dinner)

Initial letters, just for the privacy :oops: from the ones marked in blu I have already a response to it, or by the forum or by email

Ones I get your names and ok's from you (you can PM also if you prefer) I will put a definite list on.

Please, who wants to joinus let us know, by the end of this week I'll name the exact dates and places .
Anyhow it would be very good knowing as soon as possibile, how many want to join the dinner sunday 2 august evening and how many the meetup before the concert /after the concert).
ciao
Andrea
Last edited by andrea on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
maureen

Post by maureen »

Hi, Thanks to you and Francesca for finding somewhere for us to all meet up, my husband and myself won't arrive in Venice airport until 21.15 on the Sunday evening, but hopefully we'll be able to meet up with everyone later on, i.e not for dinner! We are coming from England by the way, see you all there!
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Andrea,
Me and my wife will be joining you all in Venice! I will probably book flights from August 1st to August 4th, but I'm still looking for cheap flights and sleeping accomodation.
You can add us to the list of participants, both for the diner on Sunday (Aug 2nd) as the meetups (Aug 3th):
Maarten Massa and Wenche Bats, Belgium

Thanks for organizing everything!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
andrea

Re: Meet-up in Venice!!!

Post by andrea »

BOOK OF MERCY / LIBRO DELLA MISERICORDIA (italian/english)

LEONARD COHEN
TRANSLATED BY FRANCESCA PIVIOTTI INGHILLERI & ARMANDO PAJALICH
Edited in 2000, Supernova Edizioni srl

500 copies still available for the VENICE EVENT only.
Happy to inform you that there will be a La Fenice bookshop
counter in S. Marks Square to sell this book for this occasion .
This is surely an interesting book for all , especially for
Cohenfans and their collectors .

sincerely,
on behalf of Francesca Piviotti Inghilleri

Andrea (Verona)
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Andrea

As you know I'm coming to Venice so I was wondering if the mysterious 'K - UK' on your list is me.

I shall be arriving on the Saturday (with the book of Brunetti's walks under my arm) and leaving late evening on the Tuesday so please put me down for the Sunday evening meal and the pre-concert meet up.

I only arrived home from Greece last night but I've already played your wonderful Rosa De Papel Lorca disc twice.

It's absolutely stunning many many thanks.

Siete un buon amico.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi Ken,
of course the mysterious man K -UK are you, I just wanted to know if you agree putting your name ;-) Now I will do it.
Looking forward to see you there .
I went to Venice the other day to find out some suitable places, to check our hotel and walking and asking togethter with Francesca P. who lives in Venice , which was of course very helpful, we got some good results. I will put them online by the end of the week.
Enjoy the Liverpool concert ,
great to see you soon
Andrea

PS I am glad you like the CD, I also listen very very often to it, it's so beautiful. You masterpiece cd is also very good, thanx again, and I like very much the cover :-)
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hi Andrea - Rosa De Papel Lorca ist wirklich klasse - wunderschön. Vielen Dank dafür.

Mein Gott - jetzt ist dieser Liverpool Typ wieder zuhause an seinem Computer und bastelt wieder merkwürdige Bildchen.
Mit was man sich alles abgeben muss - unglaublich.

Viel Spaß in Venedig.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Henning

Why are you suddenly comunicating in Klingon...I didn't have you down as a Trekkie.

From what little Klingon I know I gather that you too have been smitten by Marisa Sannia's Rosa de papel album.

I have observed that cold Teutonic Knight's heart of yours melt on a number of occasions over the years so it pleases me to know that both our hearts have been affected by this beautiful cd. At last we have something else in common beside Leonard. A time to celebrate.

For anybody else interested in the words of Lorca and heart breakingly beautiful music......

Marisa Sannia wrote: “We don't have to read poetry with our eyes , we have to read it with the voice. The eyes help us to decipher it, the ears help us to discover the rhythm of it, but it's with the voice that we can recreate it”. The Sardinian singer probed the deep sea of Federico Garcia Lorca's poetry, choosing and collecting words and compositions of the great Andalusian poet. The lyrics of each song (except for "pequeño vals vienes" by Leonard Cohen and “La cancion de la mariposa” by Amancio Prada) were all set into music by the artist and performed in acoustic settings for piano and guitar

Thanks again Andrea

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi Ken and Henning, I am glad you both like the Marisa Sannia CD , finally something in common.
Last information regarding that cd and it is very sad, Marisa Sannia has died last year (2008) in April, the cd came out in autuumn 2008 , it was her last work), just because I don't know if you both know this :cry:
Thank you Ken for your comment and describtion.

But guys remember this is the Venice meetup thread , will be richer soon with informations about our meetup.
If you want to continue to discuss about this cd, look for another thread where it suits better.
Do you agree?
Bye
Andrea

***add me to the list of lovers of the album - what a shock to hear that she died last year. / Jarkko***

ok Jarkko, I did add you to the list , yes it is indeed sad , here a link with more information about her live.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marisa_Sannia
Last edited by andrea on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susy

Post by Susy »

Hi Andrea, we hope to be in Venice (with Train!) and we ( my husband Fritz and I ) would like to join all of you for a drink or two AFTER the concert ,and oh ! our seats are next to (Liverpoolken Ta Ken !? 8) ;-)) Settore A 3 _ 44 and 43 ! We would love to meet some of you but only after the concert ,Susanne and Fritz from Switzerland ;-)
Susy

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”