Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21-09-2009

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Aloevera

Re: Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21-09-2009

Post by Aloevera »

Hi Happygirl,

I'm travelling on Saturday evening on the Aer Lingus flight. Bill's Bar is also on the same flight. I will be at the airport from approximately 4pm. Will you PM me and we can arrange to meet.

In song.

Paula
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Thank you very much Beatriz!! Looking forward to meeting you and to meeting up with everybody I know. I see Margaret, Joe and Liverpool Dave and maybe others will be at the same hotel as me - Toledano - great!

See you around 11pm ish on Sunday night, assuming I can find the hotel first...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Beatriz,
What an incredible wealth of information! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it all!!!

Jorcx,
We will be leaving for Barca on Saturday. I would like to print out your first post with all the information on it for reference (in case of 'senior moments' ;-) :lol: ). Will there be any more changes made to it or can I print it out today?

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl »

Aloevera wrote:Hi Happygirl,

I'm travelling on Saturday evening on the Aer Lingus flight. Bill's Bar is also on the same flight. I will be at the airport from approximately 4pm. Will you PM me and we can arrange to meet.

In song.

Paula
Wow, there are about six or seven of us on the same flight, excellent! Thanks to those who contacted me. I will also be getting to the airport around that time, looking forward to meeting up.

P.S. Just to say that while Barcelona is generally a safe place to travel on public transport even at night, do keep an eye out for all your belongings (especially your concert tickets of course!), as like in every other tourist destination there are pickpockets about.
I lit a thin green candle {in Barcelona} to make you jealous of me
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/
lortigosa

Re: Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21 - AIRPORT BUS & WEATHER

Post by lortigosa »

Hello everyone!

I hope it's not too late to give you this info, I just saw a post asking for a transportation from the airport. Someone suggested the Airbus, a bus that will take you to Plaça Catalunya, and then taking the tube to Plaça Espanya. BUT there's a regular bus which goes from the airport to Plaça Espanya. That means a regular bus ticket, about 1 euro. You can find its route attached.

Also, the weather forecast here in Barcelona is not very good, so, if you can, put one of those small umbrellas in your baggage ;) We are in that season in which it can rain a lot about everywhere at any time.

See you soon!!
Luisa
Attachments
Bus from airport to Plaça Espanya - 46
Bus from airport to Plaça Espanya - 46
lortigosa

Post by lortigosa »

I don't know if it was clear, you have to look for bus number 46. And the bus stop is right out of the terminal, on the same sidewalk, but I don't remember exactly where. Not far :)

Take care.
Luisa
Actually

Post by Actually »

I'll also be there from Saturday morning, so if anything is planned, let me know. Will make my number visible on facebook, at least for the people, who are going...
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Yes, my number is also on facebook! And I will try to stay connected via the forum... See you very, very soon!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi everyone
Will be travelling from Luton early tomorrow morning and staying at the Hotel Azul. Anyone going on the 7.15 flight????
A lot of you mention facebook but there are several Leonard Cohen ones could someone tell me which is the one you have put postings on please :?:
Looking forward to the whole thing. Hope to find a cyber cafe to log on tomorrow :D
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
mutti

Post by mutti »

For all of you going to Barcelona I wish you a safe journey and lots of fun and good times!
I so wish I was coming and will be thinking of you all weekend.
Especially at the meet ups and the concert.
So many of us not there will be there in spirit and will look forward to all the reports and videos and photos.
Let us know if they do anything in the actual concert for Leonard's birthday...
Really excited for all of you!!! :lol:
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

very sorry to have to tell this about my city but:

BE AWARE OF PICKEPOCKETING IN BARCELONA

Don't spect violent acts in BCN but is the worst destination in the world for pickepocket for the moment. Only tourists are concerned!! I never had a problem as a local.
Must of you are staying around plaza Catalunya and las Ramblas which is the worst area in this sense. Take care with your belonings while walking on the streets, on public transportation and sitting in terraces and bars or restaurants.

Take care guys!!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
mutti

Post by mutti »

I just read this on the forum from a Calgary newspaper who interviewed Adam Cohen:
One of the chief reasons I went to Europe (this summer) was to jump on and off. This is likely to be his last European tour ever and if you look at that in a historical context, you can't not go. The last time you see Leonard Cohen onstage in Paris, London and all these old beautiful cities . . . In fact, I'm flying straight from Edmonton to Barcelona, where he's going to have his 75th birthday onstage on the 21st. Our birthdays are three days apart.
How wonderful!
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Frelander

Post by Frelander »

Happygirl wrote:Hola everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else is flying with Aerlingus from Dublin on Saturday at 6.30pm? Can't wait for all the cohenite events and to visit my favourite cafes and tapas bars again (ahhhh Graciaaa), fingers crossed the weather is a bit warmer than here right now. Counting down the hours...

Hasta domingo! 8)
Hi Happygirl

We are traveling on the 6.30 flight also, if any of you guys are meeting up at the airport can you let us know where you are meeting?!?

Frelander
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Hi Luisa,

Re your post about a regular bus 46 - I need to go to Place Cataluna for my hotel in Las Ramblas - is there also a regular bus that goes from the airport to Cataluna? I know there is an Aerobus A1 (my hotel told me).

Other question as you are a native of Barcelona and this is my first visit, if you would be so kind - is there any kind of travel card type system there? I.e. that woud be valid for a few days on all ordinary public transport (Bus and Metro?) this would seem to more viable option financially as I'll be there until Thursday, and no doubt will be travelling around the city a bit. And if so, can I buy it at the airport? Or where?

There is such a system in London where I live.
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl »

Hi Suemerlyn,

Public transport in Barcelona is great, here are some details on what you are looking for http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/ ... metro.html. I always use the T10 ticket (see link), you can share it with others, it allows you to change over to another bus/metro within an hour or so and it's very flexible.

Have a safe trip!
I lit a thin green candle {in Barcelona} to make you jealous of me
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”