Bucharest, September 4 - presale (May 5)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
adriana22

Re: Pre-sale to Bucharest now!

Post by adriana22 »

Now you can't even select the sector on ticketpoint.ro, as if not being able to choose a seat wasn't bad enough.
Will all these problems stop once the general sale starts? I'm getting pretty worried :(.

Ticketpoint say the orders will only be processed come Monday, May 11. Could that be the date when the sectors missing from the pre-sale become available?
vladb

Post by vladb »

Would it be so difficult for the organizers to say what they have in mind? They managed to get it right last year, so what's going on?
Laura

Post by Laura »

Well, I got a 2nd row on the side ticket in A3 sector today through Diverta :-) A2 and half of A3 were gone already. I am a bit annoyed because despite all my ticket watch, I still didn't get the "absolutely" best ticket possible... but, ok, I will not complain!

Laura
vladb

Post by vladb »

Thanks for the news Laura, I'll head to Diverta. Just noticed eventim.ro and blt.ro allow you to pick seats, but none of them have A2 or A3.
adriana22

Post by adriana22 »

I got a second-row seat in B1 from Diverta. They let me choose the sector and the seat, which was more than great :D .

As far as I know, A2 are usually the seats reserved for the media and the VIPs, that's how it was last year, when I was lucky enough to get two central seats in the third row of A3. From where I sat, I could see the people in A2, and I recognized almost all of them from TV ;-). I don't think many were Cohen fanatics, and they probably did not have to pay for those seats either, but what can you do?
Unfortunately my budget was less than sterling this month, so I had to settle for a "B" ticket, but I'm still extremely pleased with the seat I bought :) . If only September could come faster!
vlad

Post by vlad »

Ticketpoint delivered today by DHL – A1, frontmost, leftmost - first come first (de)served I guess... I got a better place for the Suzanne Vega concert July 16, sales also started a few days ago & tickets didn't go so fast...
daniela07

Post by daniela07 »

Hello,
we FINALLY got our tickets yesterday. Second row, C1 sector (same as B1, I hope, we had the choice), right on the side of A4. We absolutely wanted end-of-the-row seats, we’re coming with our child, so, just in case we’ll have to live earlier (slim possibility but…) we won’t disturb anybody.
The strange thing is that on Monday I called Diverta (In Timisoara), they assured me “the tickets are on sale on line only” and they have no other news. I noticed it was useless to argue and I switched to the “B” plan: call Diverta in Arad (60 km, fortunately once a week trip destination for us). There the tickets were available, any price, any sector, all necessary details.
I’m telling you this because I think it could be useful - last year it happened exactly the same, here Diverta had computer/printer (?!) problems during more than a week and we got unexpectedly good tickets from the same place (Arad) . So, smaller town - better tickets or maybe only better services to customers. No idea why. Anyway, for all of you interested in having tickets to Leonard Cohen or other concerts, consider this possibility before losing hope and patience. Hope it helps.
Daniela

Adriana22: you were probably lucky to get your ticket from the same place I called several times without any results. You are right about the A sector tickets “disappearing” fast. Last year we were close enough to those sectors and, as you told, we could see a lot of so-called media “VIPs” showing themselfs around. I’m sorry to say this, they not only came because, obviously they got free tickets and this reason was good enough, but afterwards they exposed in TV and newspapers some piece of “brilliant” opinions/reports about the show - I have most of the written media echoes. (On the other hand, to be fair, beautiful chronicles were published in “Romania literara” - twice, before and after – and in “Catavencu”).
adriana22

Post by adriana22 »

Daniela07: It's a bit strange that Diverta told you the tickets could only be bought online... I gave them a phone call as well (I'm talking about the shop in the mall, I assume this is the Diverta you were referring to as well), at around 3 PM on Monday, and they said I could drop by anytime and buy the tickets. In two hours I got my ticket. Everything went smoothly and according to plan :) . Perhaps the wrong Diverta employee picked up the phone in your case!
Anyway, I'm glad you've managed to get your tickets as well, although you had to go to Arad to do so.
daniela07

Post by daniela07 »

Right, same shop, same Monday afternoon...I suppose they just didn't like my voice :?
Never mind, I'm happy we've got the tickets ;-)
moranmo

Re: Bucharest, 4 september 2009, Piata Constitutiei

Post by moranmo »

hmmm... I don't see the ironi because I'm not familiar with this place, but I was thinking of going (have never been to Romania)
can any of you Romanian guys who know this venue tell me what is this place? is it open air? is it any good for a concert like this?...

cheers
Laura

Post by Laura »

Moranmo-the venue is open-air, it's a square located quite centrally in the city. Plenty of space there; not sure how good it is for Cohen, because it's mostly used for "free for the people" kind of concerts, with no seating places (so they'll have a lot of arranging to do to get all the chairs in the plan there!). Well, september 4 we usually have almost-summer weather, so it should be nice.

The irony is that this square is located right in front of "this": http://urbanfurniture.files.wordpress.c ... orului.jpg "This" is presently our Parliament building and a huge architectural horror (they say it's the second largest office building in the world after the Pentagon); our past dictator practically erased a full hill plus a historical neighbourhood (including churches and monuments) in order to build it. Without asking anyone... That's why I was thinking it's a good place to sing "Democracy", at least.

Laura

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”