Krakow Event Registration

The Krakow Event - before and after
Pawel Gorny

Re: Krakow Event Registration

Post by Pawel Gorny »

Paula wrote:Can the powers that be please change myself and Margaret Pullen back to British. :lol:
Let it be
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Tom Sakic wrote:I'd like to see that list I chronological order, not alphabetical - simply to know who are the craziest fans. :lol:
The latest list shows the date and time when people registered for the event.

And the winners of the prize for the craziest fans are ...... Jarkko & Eija Arjatsalo! :lol: :lol:

According to the list, Jarkko & Eija registered at 21.38, before the event officially opened.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Henning,

I got this page using IE 8. Thank you for the hint at Firefox.

Isolde
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:According to the list, Jarkko & Eija registered at 21.38, before the event officially opened.
Wendy
This is surely a blatant example of "noblesse oblige" and "rank hath its privileges". :lol:
However, in this instance, it is a hard earned and well deserved early pre-sale.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

on this site, you are crazy only if you attend at least seven (7) Leonard Cohen concerts.

at fourteen (14) concerts, you qualify as insane.

at twenty (20), the men in white suits come to cart you away (sorry, bonnie, but you know it's true!)
Henning

Post by Henning »

Pawel, is it true that the incognitos don't count for the nations cup ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Pawel Gorny

Post by Pawel Gorny »

Henning wrote:Pawel, is it true that the incognitos don't count for the nations cup ?
Yes, they are hidden and we do not count them.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Well then here is my strong appeal to all German incognitos to rethink their decision and consider if it is not better to unmask and help our team to promote on the ladder. I mean we are all sitting in Krakow next to each other and how would you feel if it was you who made us end up only second or even third. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes then. I mean, I know myself and how resentful I can be. Or should I be more generous in my old days ? In Krakow we probably will have freshly won the world cup in South Africa, then why not grant some sub title to some islanders ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Henning

Krakow is one of the most beautiful and cultural cities in the world; it’s most definitely not the place where your strange obsession with the vulgar game of football will have any meaning.

For instance I’ve just discovered that the Manggha Centre, one of the event’s venues was the pet project of one of my all-time favourite theatre and film directors Andrzej Wajda. Apparently in 1987 Andrzej won the Japanese Kyoto Award for his lifetime achievement in the arts. Being the splendid fellow he is he then donated all his prize money to the foundation of this museum and performing space. Apparently the name Manggha derives from the nickname of an eccentric Cracovian art-collector who was head over heels with all things Japanese.

I well remember sitting in the front row of the stalls in Krakow’s Stary Theatre a few years ago literally scared sh*tless whilst watching Wajda’s electrifying, blood soaked and very very gruesome production of Macbeth unfold before me.

On the afternoon of the 14th. July when Leonard played here in Liverpool I went to the kinneyma to see Wajda’s latest film Katyn. Wajda’s brilliantly poetic imagery of a war torn Poland was still swirling around in my mind when Leonard stepped onto the Liverpool stage later that evening

For me this connection with Andrzej Wajda with the Krakow event and Leonard Cohen has already raised the cultural status of this event sky high.

To help take your mind off Germany’s expected poor showing in the World Cup I shall personally take you to see Da Vinci’s Lady with an Ermine when we are in Krakow.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Henning

Post by Henning »

Ace !

May I call you an acist now ?

Whatever we do, you in your velvet theatre seat and me in my plastic seat in Dortmund - we are both dedicated followers of passion.

But now back to the original intention of this thread.

Krakow. Can't wait for this event and to see the charme of the city and its women.

Ken, in your private mail you reported to me about their swinging hips and how sweet time feels when it's not too late to chase them with the eyes. I count on your judgement like I always did except for your mania about that christmas songs singer.
IT'S DARKER NOW
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Now that Henning has thrown down the gauntlet for the Nation Participation Cup, I am obligated to correct the flag next to my name. I am eligible to compete ... er ...participate only under the flag of the country of which I am a citizen, CANADA.

Would you please update my flag accordingly. Thanks.

Do you think Jacques Rogge monitors this Forum?

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Just reading the list for Kracow and I see that all our names are listed with surname first, except for Henning Franz............. yes his name does seem kinda backwards ........... The committee for the event must think his name is Franz Henning :)

His rightful place is just below Ken Forsyth :)

Just checked the list again today and it all seems in order now :)
Last edited by tinderella on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Dear Krakow organizers,

Many thanks for all of your work in connection with the LC event. I've been to Krakow twice and it's a lovely city. I'm much looking forward to returning!

Will the organizers try to negotiate special hotel rates with a couple of the local hotels for those attending? For those of us coming from far, it would be most helpful to be guided towards a reasonably priced and located hotel.

My mother was born in Poland; can we split my flag?

Bob from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I love the banner at the top of the participants page 8) !

Pawel ~ Would you do me a favour [even though it's not my name :lol: ] and correct the spelling of "Aschenbrenner Ann-Krsitin"? Now, I can't remember whether the last part if Kirstin or Kristin... I just know it's not Krsitin ;-) . Thanks! Great group we have assembling there.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Pawel,

Just to help Lizzy out....it's Ann-Kristin.

Thanks!

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”