The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
david9

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Postby david9 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:00 am

Is the whole tour will call or just the presale tickets?
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:30 am

Ticketmaster will add dates, one by one, don't worry.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
tashi

Re: The NA Tour & Presale SCALPING

Postby tashi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:48 am

bridger15 wrote:Tickets for Los Angeles, April 10 are already being scalped on the internet.
The pre-sale date is March 7. Where did they get the seats from already?
What is the benefit of the Forum's Password and Pre-Sale system?

http://www.concertticketcenter.com/Resu ... nard+Cohen
it is possible that some people or corporations have ownership of certain seats in arenas. Y'know, like people have yearly seats at Yankee Stadium.
I know that there is corporate ownership of boxes at different venues that I've been to. I'd like to think that that is the case here. If not, it stinks! :roll:
tashi

Postby tashi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:55 am

studio60 wrote:Does anyone know if photography is allowed at these north american dates?
A lot of people were taking photos at the Beacon the other night.

I just wish folks would realize one thing.
DO NOT USE YOUR FLASH!!!
when you use your flash, it only illuminates about 3 feet in front of you-great for getting a snap of the back of someone's head.
The flash can be, and in fact is distracting to the performers and at most venues that I've been to, flash photography is forbidden. (and it's rude)
I was surprised and dismayed at the number of people doing it.
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:57 am

I have already said this elsewhere, but let's repeat: THE SCALPERS DO NOT HAVE ANY TICKETS. They are selling stuff that they hope to get in the future at the presale or public sale.
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SCALPERS. With the WILL CALL systems it is also more than possible that you will never get the tickets from them!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
unlikelyhero

Postby unlikelyhero » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:03 am

calm down people about the scalping. Even though tickets haven't been onsale, most of these venues allow donations for private memberships. I have a membership at one of these venues. I know that I will have tickets for this show. If I wanted to sell them I could just list them on Stub Hub and I've bought enough tickets thru my membership that I have a good idea where my seats are.
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:04 am

unlikelyhero wrote:calm down people about the scalping. Even though tickets haven't been onsale, most of these venues allow donations for private memberships. I have a membership at one of these venues. I know that I will have tickets for this show. If I wanted to sell them I could just list them on Stub Hub and I've bought enough tickets thru my membership that I have a good idea where my seats are.
Another kink in the wall :roll:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
unlikelyhero

Postby unlikelyhero » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:12 am

i don't buy tickets to shows that i'm not going to go to, i'm not a gambler. but the memberships aren't exactly free and if someone wants to make the membership pay for itself while still going to some great shows in great seats, more power to themi certainly wouldn't consider them scalpers.

either way, everyone is getting upset about tickets being available on website's, so that's a way for them to be available. that's all i was trying to point out.
Anca

Postby Anca » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:16 am

Hello to all and everybody! Happy to be here! Looking forward to the Radio City Hall concert, in New York.
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:19 am

unlikelyhero wrote:i don't buy tickets to shows that i'm not going to go to, i'm not a gambler. but the memberships aren't exactly free and if someone wants to make the membership pay for itself while still going to some great shows in great seats, more power to themi certainly wouldn't consider them scalpers.

either way, everyone is getting upset about tickets being available on website's, so that's a way for them to be available. that's all i was trying to point out.

I understand that some well-heeled music lovers may pay for a membership FOR SEATS FOR THEMSELVES but I don't understand how the resales to subsidize these seats is not scalping. THIS SUBSIDY IS NO DIFFERENT THAN THE PROFIT THAT THE SCALPERS MAKE.....ITS JUST TAKEN IN DISCOUNTED TICKETS!!!!!!

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town....no golden voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:23 am

Unlikelyhero,
No offense meant. It's just that EVERYONE wants a front row center seat and we would look kind of ludicrous if we all get it :lol:
You know what, people who hold season passes or memberships should be able to get tickets and what a bonus if you hold them to be able to see LC - all the more power to you!
Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
unlikelyhero

Postby unlikelyhero » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:32 am

i guess my picture of a scalper is the guy standing outside of the stadium.. if that's not the case then everyone that i know who owns red sox, patriots, bruins and celtics season tickets are scalpers. it just seems too common these days to really care that passionately about it.
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:47 am

unlikelyhero wrote:i guess my picture of a scalper is the guy standing outside of the stadium.. if that's not the case then everyone that i know who owns red sox, patriots, bruins and celtics season tickets are scalpers. it just seems too common these days to really care that passionately about it.
The guys/gals you are talking about sell their excess tickets to friends or friends of friends, usually at cost.

My issue is with the ones that resell on Stub Hub to pay for a membership. You know...if it smells like a duck....

Leonard from Montreal...same name...same town...no golden voice.
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
jdbalmer

Postby jdbalmer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 am

I realize that the N.A. tour dates have probably been set at this point, but if Mr. Cohen is looking for additional cities, I would encourage him to consider Charlotte, NC, or perhaps Asheville - there's a vibrant music community here, and many fans of Mr. Cohen's work. Please have him consider North Carolina in his next tour!
sharney55

Postby sharney55 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:16 am

Will the two-ticket minimum apply to all tickets, or just presale?

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”