The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Kurt W

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Postby Kurt W » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:11 pm

I'll be in Columbia as well. I can't begin to thank Jarkko enough for his time and his passion. I was able to see the first Montreal show last June....it was perfect.....
findingtime

Postby findingtime » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Dear Jarkko (and all others who helped) -- I live with a long time Leonard Cohen fan who relocated to Austin from NYC last year. When she heard he was going to start a North American tour here, she was excited. When she heard there was a fan site which was going to arrange a pre-sale, she was excited beyond excited. Well, everything worked just as promised. We got our password and got great seats -- at a fair price, too! This will be her third LC show and my first.

Thanks for all of your great efforts. Looking forward to April 2.
rphlewis

Postby rphlewis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm trying to get tickets to the Boston show but since it's not through ticketmaster (it looks to be the only show selling via telecharge) will the presale still be available? I can't even find the listing for the show on the telecharge site -- has anyone else figured this out? Thanks in advance!
TCCBodhi

Postby TCCBodhi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Well, I've got my tickets for the Dallas Nokia show. Could only go for the cheap ones, but I HAD the first row of them, fairly close to center, but then TM screwed up saying I had my credit card stored, which it didn't show.

I'm very experienced using these TM screens after the 2008 Tom Waits tour, so it wasn't me.

Had to exit out, edit my account, then come back in.

Finally was able to be successful, and it only put me back a further row, but still it irks me.

But hey.....I'll be seeing Leonard Cohen, how bad can it be. :)
aaronou

Postby aaronou » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:59 pm

I feel slightly guilty because I haven't posted much here. But I got what appear to be great seats at the Dallas (Grand Prairie) venue for the 3rd.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

I shall now dedicate myself to this forum! :D
etio

Postby etio » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:08 pm

I am trying to purchase Phoenix tickets, but I receive message saying site is not available. I have a choice of Fan tickets or VIP tickets, which do I chose?
Thanks for your help,
joanna
PrettyKitties

Postby PrettyKitties » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Thank you SO very much Jarkko! I got my tickets for Columbia. I had a few problems (all TM related) and the seats are not quite as good as I had hoped - but I am finally going to see Leonard Cohen & I am so excited! To all the people going to the Columia show - if you see a middle-aged woman acting like she's at a Beatles concert, that will probably be me! :)
etio

Postby etio » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Sorry, I panicked...got my tickets no problem and they appear to be great seats. I assume they just got started a few minutes later.
Not having been to a concert in over 20 years, I got sticker-shock, but Cohen is well worth it!
joanna
Dasia

Postby Dasia » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:56 pm

To MusicCityGypsy, thank you SO MUCH for describing the ticket purchase system in detail, especially for mentioning the fan club code box. Maybe this would have been obvious, but it certainly helps to have some idea what to expect. I will follow your suggestions about the dry run (late in the day) and creating a Ticketmaster account. Thanks again for the friendly reply and I hope you get tickets!
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:41 pm

rphlewis wrote:I'm trying to get tickets to the Boston show but since it's not through ticketmaster (it looks to be the only show selling via telecharge) will the presale still be available? I can't even find the listing for the show on the telecharge site -- has anyone else figured this out? Thanks in advance!

Wait until Wednesday when Jarkko puts out the link and password.....Jarrko is remarkabke at these things, even if telecharge appears to be slow at putting the concert on its website.

I suggest you pre-establish an account with telecharge (as with Ticketmaster) so you don't have to waste time when you are about to purchase the tickets.

I just called Telecharge and they do NOT set up accounts like Ticketmaster....another few keystokes to get to LC!!!

See you at the Concert!

Leonard from Montreal....same name....same town....no golden voice
Last edited by leonardmtl on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
MusicCityGypsy

Postby MusicCityGypsy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Dasia wrote:To MusicCityGypsy, thank you SO MUCH for describing the ticket purchase system in detail, especially for mentioning the fan club code box. Maybe this would have been obvious, but it certainly helps to have some idea what to expect. I will follow your suggestions about the dry run (late in the day) and creating a Ticketmaster account. Thanks again for the friendly reply and I hope you get tickets!
I hope this helps you! you can PM me if you need any other help with it.

another thing I forgot to say is you are able to pick the price level you want...so if you don't want the best seats for 200 dollars be sure to pick the price you want!

It looks good from this presale that we will all get tickets! YIPPY I'm so greatful.
birdonthewire83

Postby birdonthewire83 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Ok so my presale is on wednesday!! The tickets are being sold through a vendor linked to the venue. Is this where I can Buy Presale tickets. What password or link will I need to get the presale tickets
woolwork

Postby woolwork » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 am

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING DIFFICULTY W/AUSTIN?
LisaC

Postby LisaC » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 am

4:00 PM LOCAL TIME
I just tried to get tickets to Grand Prairie, then Columbia, then Phoenix (I am willing to go anywhere!) - ALL sites came back with "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may be available. I chose BEST AVAILABLE for all selections and did use the password. Does that mean they have already sold-out of fan club alloted tickets?
Thanks to any who might be able to shed light on this process.
da2008

Postby da2008 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 am

probably sold out. try buying singles (in case you were trying for pairs)

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”