tattoo

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
catswhiskers

tattoo

Post by catswhiskers »

I am a crazy fan--and know for certain there will be others like me out there.
In memberance of my idol,i want the unified hearts tattooed on my leg.I did think about the one with the hands and the hebrew letter Shin in the middle--but thought this might not come out too well.So think I shall just go for the hearts.Now the question is should the hearts be red,as on all his t-shirts,or in black,as i'm sure they were on the backing curtain at his concert? Is there anyone who had the same idea,and already had the tattoo--if so a photo would be appreciated--of course not if its in a "rude" place!! Any ideas please--also is there a good place for tattoos in Brighton--as thats where I shall be.Coming in from Lisbon the day before.
I know I'm totally mad--but thats the best way to be--don't you agree????
With many thanks.
hydriot

Re: tattoo

Post by hydriot »

I thought its traditional colour was blue.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Yes,I see on the pin its a blue background,but black hearts,and on the t-shirts,red hearts.I think I shall go for black outline,and coloured red inside--abit like Vixens(who I would like to thank very much---and I shall post a photo for you,after the Brighton concert.
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

catswhiskers cant wait to see your pic
and you are more than welcome for the little help i gave you :D
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

ps pity you not coming to glasgow could recommend a very good artist ;-)
velvet

Post by velvet »

catwhiskers: I felt the same as you did! A week after the show I got the unified hearts on my back... had a difficult time deciding what color to go for, so we ended up doing 2 colors... red and violet. (this was when it was fresh, and applied over a recent horrible sunburn! Ignore the red blotches... I still remember the stinging!)
Attachments
lheartstat.jpg
lheartstat.jpg (24.27 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Dear Velvet
Thats really nice--I am printing out all examples to take with me,when I have it done.
I like the idea of red and lilac---I was looking at the photos i took and the background curtain in some the hearts appear to be a lilac/blue--or could be the lighting?
Velvet,you are so brave to have this done on sunburnt skin--that must have hurt?
I am having it done on my lower leg--where hopefully my partner will not see it--as he will surely kill me!! I would have it on my shoulder,but thats already got a tabby cat!
One final question--are you living in England? I ask because I wonder if you can tell me roughly how much you paid.I need to know how many euros to exchange for pounds---I live in Portugal--and believe me,Lisbon was the best concert EVER!!! Under a moon lit sky,very warm,and alongside the river Tagus--VERY romantic--and with the guy I love.I just hope the Brighton concert will be as good--though no moonlit sky--and the night Leonard played in Lisbon I have never seen so many stars in the sky before--it was heaven.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”