ticketmaster rip-off

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
terry shute

ticketmaster rip-off

Post by terry shute »

Beware! Ticketmaster are up to their old tricks!
They were repeatedly offering "best available seats" at the NEC in Block D - went to the Ticket factory instead & got Block C Row 5!
How long before Ticketmaster's 'best' start to appear on their touting site?
loulou

Re: ticketmaster rip-off

Post by loulou »

indeedy - usually about an hour, going by previous experience......
desire the horse
depression the cart
pmdf

Post by pmdf »

They really do take the piss any which way they can... they just charged me £3.00 delivery (on top of the £7.50 service charge) for the privilege of printing out my own tickets! That's the same price as the delivery fee for posting them...??!
Manchester 18 June | Cardiff 8 November
douglass

Post by douglass »

Hi there

I couldnt get any seats at 9.10 am this morning via Ticketmaster but went via the NEC and I am also in Block C - see you there ;-)
Neville 45

Post by Neville 45 »

Went straight to Ticket factory run by the Nec and got B block 2nd row seats!!! No rip off like Ticketmaster!

Please ,Please, go direct they have great reputation.

Loved Manchester and London hope Brum is a sgood!
Love is the Law
terry shute

Post by terry shute »

Lo and behold! 'Best available' seats at the O2 are now up for sale at between £400 and £600 apiece, on Ticketmaster's own touting site, Ticketexchange.
This activity is nothing short of criminal!
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

Yeeesssss!! Tickets booked - Block 16, baby. Can't believe this - back from Amsterdam a few days ago and now I'm going to see the great man again. Ah, bliss.....

https://www.theticketfactory.com/online ... hen%200811
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
maurice

Post by maurice »

They are selling tickets for the show in Rotterdam, but this show is not official on sale yet.
They ask 170 euro for a single ticket, which is way too much (I think they are gonna cost 50 - 70 euro). So don't buy from these guys.
You know who I am...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

terry shute wrote:Beware! Ticketmaster are up to their old tricks!
They were repeatedly offering "best available seats" at the NEC in Block D - went to the Ticket factory instead & got Block C Row 5!
It's not often I feel the need to defend Ticketmaster, usually quite the opposite in fact. However, in this case, I don't think they can be criticised for offering lesser seats than the Ticketfactory. The Ticketfactory is the NEC group's own box office. They sell most of the tickets for the venue but they do give allocations to other agencies, including TIcketmaster and Seetickets. They decide what those allocations are going to be so sometimes Ticketmaster has better tickets than the official box office - I've bought front row at the NEC from Ticketmaster before now - and sometimes the seats on offer are worse. They will almost invariably sell out before the Ticketfactory because they only have a limited number of tickets available and they will not be able to engage in any "premium" ticket shenanigans on this occasion.

Wendy
devilsinkwell

Post by devilsinkwell »

i cant complain too much about ticketmaster this time ,after poor seats in dublin i showed more bravery and rejected the first few seats they offered at the nec and got block b ""praise ticketmaster"" for once anyway!
dublin june 14th manchester 18th june birmingham nov 22nd manchester nov 30th
carr millite

Post by carr millite »

You won't be sitting very far from me then!
I came home from the concert at the 02 on Thursday night and was so blown away that I ordered the tickets for the NEC on Friday.
Neville 45

Post by Neville 45 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
It's not often I feel the need to defend Ticketmaster, usually quite the opposite in fact. However, in this case, I don't think they can be criticised for offering lesser seats than the Ticketfactory. The Ticketfactory is the NEC group's own box office. They sell most of the tickets for the venue but they do give allocations to other agencies, including TIcketmaster and Seetickets. They decide what those allocations are going to be so sometimes Ticketmaster has better tickets than the official box office - I've bought front row at the NEC from Ticketmaster before now - and sometimes the seats on offer are worse. They will almost invariably sell out before the Ticketfactory because they only have a limited number of tickets available and they will not be able to engage in any "premium" ticket shenanigans on this occasion.

Wendy
You have not been on to Ticketmaster then i take it?
Look at the prices an then think if they are not up to an shenanigans! :cry:
Love is the Law
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Ticketmaster are crooks, period. Their latest scam appears to be something called "Get Me In" where you "buy seats from other fans - just like you" (Oh yeah?!). Basically, they are just breeding a new generation of touts (as are Seatwave etc). And of course. cream a large percentage of the profits off for themselves. On "Get Me In" they are already "selling" seats at nearly three times the price for the second Brighton concert, even though the concert hasn't been cornfimed, and they haven't yet received the tickets. Personally I would use Ticketmaster only as a last resort. Better even to buy from a tout who at least acknowledges that he is one!

John E
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I suspect the way that Ticket Master operates is something like this. They advertise tickets on "Get Me In" before the show is officially announced and offer guaranteed seats at rip-off prices. When the tickets become available they sell a handful at straight prices, so that a few legitimate fans will announce that they have got good seats. The concert will then supposedly sell-out instantly, hence generating a state of panic. Tickets will then be channelled through their "Ticket Exchange" and "Get Me In" scams at ludicrous prices, because people have a false sense of value. Ticketmaster will naturally cream-off massive profits. Then, shortly before the concert TM will release (at normal prices) best seats that they have been holding back or not able to sell through their scams.
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

I totally agree with you, John, and all the other people who are complaining about Ticketmaster's tricks. I actually tried to see if the Office of Fair Trading could do anything about their obvious scams, but apparently it's all legal. All's fair in love and war and Ticketmaster, it seems. 'Everybody knows that the deal is rotten'...

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”