GREAT britain, SMALL concerts -

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ways_of_escape

GREAT britain, SMALL concerts -

Post by ways_of_escape »

what are the chances for this kind of things to happen, and when will it be announced?

thank you
"And those who ernestly are lost? Ah, they're lost and lost again"
richardrj

Re: GREAT britain, SMALL concerts -

Post by richardrj »

ways_of_escape wrote:what are the chances for this kind of things to happen, and when will it be announced?
None of us knows the answers. You'll just have to wait for the tour announcement like everyone else. Having done Britain quite extensively in the summer, he may not go back there at all. If he does, though, I'd be surprised if he played anywhere smaller than the Albert Hall.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The Albert Hall has been fully booked, difficult or impossible to find a vacant day there that would fit into the other tour schedule.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

I suggest LC to come to the Clyde Auditorium (Armadillo) in Glasgow. Great venue and not too big.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

The Royal Festival Hall is a great venue in a nice setting on the Southbank and has the Premier (Travel Inn) nearby. It also has its own ticketing system and usually doesn't use agencies. However the capacity there is only 2895 (absolute max.). It also gets heavily booked. As a compromise between north and south, the Birmingham Symphony Hall is another great venue.

All good things, John E
Rob

Post by Rob »

Both St. Davids hall and the Millennium centre in Cardiff would be ideal; after all, he's been to England and Scotland. Not that I've any vested interest or anything.....
Rob.
Diane

Post by Diane »

Millennium Centre would be ideal, Rob.
pironi

Post by pironi »

Isn' t there a big new arena in Liverpool?
P.P.

http://www.accliverpool.com/venue/arena/index.asp
gingermop

Post by gingermop »

My living room is a perfectly good venue. Decent acoustics, cheap entry, nice crowd, free drinks. Unfortunately no room for all the band, so Leonard will be forced to do a select set of acoustic solos. My bedroom will double as a dressing room. Intermission will be at least two hours.

Doo dum dum dum...
Joney

Post by Joney »

Gingermop you beat me to it. My livingroom is also free, maybe there'll be one concert by the Mumbles but I can change them to another night if necessary. I'll also put Leonard up if he wants a place to stay and cook him whatever he wants and take him on some day trips or whatever takes his fancy.
windy

Post by windy »

pironi wrote:Isn' t there a big new arena in Liverpool?
P.P.

http://www.accliverpool.com/venue/arena/index.asp
It would be fantastic if Leonard came to Liverpool, especially as its currently the European Capital of Culture
margaret

Post by margaret »

For Liverpool I would prefer the Philharmonic Hall to that big new Arena - maybe he could play 2 or 3 nights ;-)
Moggins

Post by Moggins »

Please please please arrange more concerts in England - I live in Devon and was unable to secure tickets for Manchester/London. I saw the great man at the Albert Hall and in a much smaller venue in Vancouver Island 15 years ago. I don't mind if it's big or small - but Cardiff or the NEC would be great ... in fact anywhere where I can actually buy a ticket!!
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

The Opera House in Manchester would be an ideal venue......
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

... I wish ...

the Royal Albert Hall - for a whole month! (think of the publicity!)
- Part III of the Tour?
- promote live dvd?
- let the BBC film a concert and get free publicity and more fans?
- promote new cd?
- just sing for a month and be surrounded by Love?
- plus sing Famous Blue Raincoat every night???

... I wish ...
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”