May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Tri-me

May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

Postby Tri-me » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:37 am

On May 13th, at 4 o'clock, we will have the privilege of hosting Leonard for a very special event, at our flagship Indigo location on Bay and Bloor http://new.indigo.ca/cgi-bin1/DM/y/hzdQ ... bE0HN2L0GJ in Toronto.

This May, in all of our Chapters and Indigo stores, we will be celebrating the work and music of Leonard Cohen, including his soon to be launched new book of poetry Book of Longing

The first 1,000 people who pre-order
Book of Longing http://new.indigo.ca/cgi-bin1/DM/y/hzdQ ... bE0HN2K0GI on-line will receive a signed first edition copy.

P.P.S. Coincidental with the launch of
Book of Longing, his soulmate Anjani will be releasing Blue Alert , a recording of 12 new Leonard Cohen songs. I have heard this CD and it is nothing short of magical. It is available for pre-order at indigo.ca and will be released on May 5th.

***Edited by the moderator on March 24 on request of persons in charge of this project****
Last edited by Tri-me on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
icecreamtruck

Postby icecreamtruck » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:46 am

hmmm...I wonder if I ever needed an excuse to go to Toronto...That's the one!
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:35 am

So, he is ACTUALLY appearing, with the book, which is announced for that very week in the bookstores?!!
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:22 pm

Note that book cover has been slightly redesigned, a smentioned in one of the interviews (different letters and postion of title to the version on The Files).
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:41 pm

This was a relief to see, as I had copied my e-mail from them, to paste here. Now, no need. I just pre-ordered my copy, with their promise of its being signed by Leonard... I have to believe that I'm within the first 1,000. Well, hopefully I am. I'll send them my entry and hope that my not being Canadian will not exclude its inclusion.

Oh, dang it! I wonder if I can edit my order to include Anjani's cd... I didn't realize it was available for pre-order through them. Otherwise, I need to pay that bulk of shipping all over again! $10 Canadian on top of the cd.

Super. I went back and Cancelled my other order and re-did it, including Blue Alert. Didn't have to pay the bulk of that shipping all over again.

~ Lizzy

I got chills when I saw "Thanks for the Dance" as the final song on Blue Alert. What a poignant and fitting tribute to their relationship.
Last edited by lizzytysh on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:49 pm

From Chapters.Indigo.ca: Heather Reisman Invites You ...
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/music/bou ... dm1.186191
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Dear Natalie :D ~ !!!

May 13th ~ 4:00 PM ~ Toronto ~ Indigo at Bay & Bloor ~ Be There ~ Or Forever Hold Your Peace :wink: ~ !!!

Yes ~ I know you will be doing whatever you must to make these arrangements :D !!

Love,
Elizabeth
Anne

Postby Anne » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:36 pm

I bet it is going to be an enormous crowd. Right downtown, late on a Saturday afternoon. It should be pretty crazy. I can't imagine it. People line up for a long time for some of these events at that Indigo Store. I think peole slept there outside overnight in order to see Bill Clinton when he was promoting his book. I wonder if people might go a bit wacky to meet Leonard.
dar

Postby dar » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Wacky to meet LC? Maybe. But my guess is the more the merrier.
I would think that he would welcome all who want to purchase his book.
It's obvious, since he is appearing, that he is doing the promo and the personal appearances to encourage people to come out and buy it.
There are probably many who are going to show up and buy it, or pre-order it, because of the incentives...meeting him or having an autographed copy. The rumors of his doing all he can to recoup his lost finances are obviously true. Personal appearances at book signings - makes me believe that a tour is really going to happen. Yippee!

And good for you Anne. I know you're not a camping out all night woman, but heck, maybe you could pull those VIP perks again and spend some more time with LC and Anjani? Looks like a Dear Heather is in order...Heather of Indigo staff that is.

Now when were you inviting wacky Dar to visit? lol
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:13 pm

See how fickle fate can be, Natalie? If I'd known about this, I could have scheduled to fly up to celebrate my Mom's birthday with her, to be inclusive of the following, instead of preceding weekend, to it... and driven from Flint to Toronto, to see Leonard and get my signed copy in person. Just not my time... :shock: . :wink:

~ Lizzy
margaret

Postby margaret » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

I just ordered the new book and Blue Alert online. I hope I am one of the first 1000 to get a signed copy!

Looks like it could take 8 weeks to get to me here in the UK :roll:
margaret

Postby margaret » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:25 am

Has anyone else outside Canada had an email from Chapters. Indigo following their order, to send them a faxed copy of a current credit card bill and the front of the card itself for verification? This seems highly irregular to me. I have bought things online from other countries and never been asked for this before. The book and cd are not even ready for dispatch for another 2 months :shock:
Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:43 am

I ordered from chapters/indigo earlier this evening and haven't had such an email yet - but then the only email I have had is a 'your order has been received', not yet a confirmation of order details. I will let you know what happens next.

I'm hoping I left it long enough to be outside the first 1000 (and not depriving anyone who wants a signed copy) but then, I don't know why I rushed to order it today in that case. I have no self-control...

Tim
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:47 am

I have edited this thread on request of persons in charge of this project (the Indigo tribute book idea will be cancelled) and apologize that I have removed some messages and some lines in the others.
By the way, all 1000 signed copies were reserved within 24 hours.
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:23 am

Oh, the release date is moved earlier - April 25:-)

T.

Return to “News”