Win one of the autographed items

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK »

http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/guestmap/index.php

I remembered entering my location on a Lance Armstrong fansite last summer with a cyber-pushpin. So I back-tracked and found this link to a sight that has these maps.

Laurie (in Alaska)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Back to the original topic - the draw: it will close in about six hours.
Anjani promised to be Lady Fortune, and she will pick up the winners from the list of numbers I will create tomorrow. The list of participants will be randomly sorted and each participant has a number. Anjani first decides five numbers and then verifies the winners from the list of names I'm mailing simultaneously to Leonard!
Neutral system, isn't it!!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

You missed your vocation in life Jarkko you would have done very well on a tombola stall :lol: Please tell me I am not number 13 or 666!!!!!
CT

Post by CT »

Jarkko, you are a wicked, wicked man.
Last edited by CT on Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: Paula ~ We might have wanted to remind Jarkko to just skip #13, like new buildings do, when they're numbering their floors.

I hope there weren't so many :shock: gift-prize contenders as to have needed a #666 :wink: . That's getting real lottery size. I have a feeling it might have been that high, however. Perhaps, Jarkko will tell us what the final tally was.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Back to the original topic - the draw: it will close in about six hours.
Anjani promised to be Lady Fortune, and she will pick up the winners from the list of numbers I will create tomorrow. The list of participants will be randomly sorted and each participant has a number. Anjani first decides five numbers and then verifies the winners from the list of names I'm mailing simultaneously to Leonard!
Neutral system, isn't it!!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Back to off- [but on-] topic :wink: ~ Anjani is already Lady Fortune, as collaborator and companion, with Leonard :D .

Back to purely on-topic :) ~ May the luckiest man, woman, or child win :D !
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Anjani picked up the winners yesterday. The names are now announced on the front page of The Files. We had about 300 participants in the draw.
Congratulations to Larry / Wocjiech / Jade / Bobbie / Richard !!!
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever »

Congratulations to the winners, the lucky so-and-sos!
Such a geographical spread too, even Europe produced a winner!
Oh well, now I'll just have to buy the book!
Andrew.
P.S. Next year sees the 50th anniversary of the publication of Leonard's first book of poetry: Let Us Compare Mythologies. Another excuse for a prize draw??? Come on Jarkko; give all us losers a second bite at the cherry!
catherine

Post by catherine »

Even Europe...
Congratulations, you lucky ones. :wink:
CT

Post by CT »

Congratulations and many hours of fine enjoyment!

*lifts a toast
:)
tink

Post by tink »

Larry? I cannot find Larry on the memberlist. Who is Larry? Wocjiech has only 4 posts. Jade has 2 posts. Bobbie has an impressive 113 posts and Richard a grand 24posts. Congratulations to the winners. It would have been nice to see one or more of the regulars posters win.
Snow (retired)

Post by Snow (retired) »

tink wrote:
>Larry? I cannot find Larry on the memberlist. Who is Larry? Wocjiech has only 4 posts. Jade has 2 posts. Bobbie has an impressive 113 posts and Richard a grand 24 posts. Congratulations to the winners. It would have been nice to see one or more of the regulars posters win.

Yes, it's not fair that people who we don't know from Adam run off with the goodies. The only one I've heard of is Bobbie, and I've got no beef about her being picked out because she's not really a bad sort all in all. If Jarkko hasn't sent off the prizes yet I wonder if it's possible to cancel the whole thing and start again - only this time we draw up a list of who's allowed to participate. Maybe people who posted a minimum of, say, 30 messages in the space of a month - or just people who are very very nice. People without avatars should be excluded. It's not good for morale that autographed collectors' items, our heritage, are sent out of the community never to be seen or heard of again. Jarkko will not be breaking any laws if he puts his foot down and declares the competition null and void. In fact, I think everybody here would like him a lot more if he did that. Those who agree with me stay silent, objectors say your piece.
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud »

- or just people who are very very nice.

I don't believe we have five people on this forum who are "very very nice."

YdF
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Congratulations to the happy winners and thanks for the laughters to the happy - guess what. :lol:

Return to “News”