LC on LC - Interviews and Encounters (new book)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
cohenadmirer

Re: LC on LC - Interviews and Encounters (new book)

Post by cohenadmirer »

Mabeanie1 wrote:It's different with Kindle books Gwen. You can only buy from your "own" Amazon. I agree it's rarely a problem with "real" books.

Wendy
This was news to me so i thought i'd check it out and it turns out to be quite true!
I'm not sure though whether it's about where you live , rather which version of amazon your account is 'attached to' .

I got this message at the end of the 'purchase process'
We're sorry, we could not complete your purchase.

Your Kindle account is registered at Amazon.co.uk. To shop for Kindle titles available for your country, please shop at Amazon.co.uk.

:(
No problem ordering the ' physical book' though!

I suspect it is possible to open a new amazon.com account from the uk , using a different email address and then it would be possible to buy - but certainly can't be bothered to check this out !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

cohenadmirer wrote: I suspect it is possible to open a new amazon.com account from the uk , using a different email address and then it would be possible to buy - but certainly can't be bothered to check this out !
Ah but you need to register an address which is where your credit card is registered so unless you have a North American credit card and a North American address to match this wouldn't work ...... It's so frustrating as there are often books available on Kindle in the US which aren't available on Kindle in the UK.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

musicmania wrote:Like I stated earlier I have bought Leonard's Fifteen Poems on Kindle from the US Amazon. Maybe the rules have changed since then.
It may vary by book (I bought Fifteen Poems at a bargain price from Amazon UK) but I think the reason why you could buy a US Kindle book and I couldn't is more likely to lie in one simple difference: you live in Ireland; I live in the UK. Any US/ UK copyright restrictions are less likely to apply to you.

Wendy
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

if anyone of you have heard about the book in a different language? best in polish ;-)
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
rafikisarah10

Post by rafikisarah10 »

iBooks have it for uk purchasers - £9.99 if that's any help :D
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Mabeanie1 wrote: It may vary by book (I bought Fifteen Poems at a bargain price from Amazon UK) but I think the reason why you could buy a US Kindle book and I couldn't is more likely to lie in one simple difference: you live in Ireland; I live in the UK. Any US/ UK copyright restrictions are less likely to apply to you.

Wendy
It must be that. We learn something new everyday!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"

Return to “News”