March 2012 MOJO Spotlights Leonard Cohen

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
TipperaryAnn

Re: March 2012 MOJO Spotlights Leonard Cohen

Post by TipperaryAnn »

tomsakic wrote: March issue is expected this or next week
Hope you get your Mojo soon, Tomsakic - a very enjoyable read provided by my local Easons. Looking forward even more to Sylvie Simmons's biography after reading this - a warm, sympathetic voice. After all who could not love someone who prepares lunch for her and shares "two large, soppy dogs" with his daughter Lorca?
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

I ordered my copy straight from MOJO. Magazine. It came yesterday and I stopped what I was doing to read it. Very good reading too.
A relaxing talk in his little garden, it was not like a normal interview. Wish I could have been a dickie bird on the fence !
I also liked the cd. Quite different.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

This is the first tribute CD I really like.Two bad songs, other good, at least 4 of them amazingly great, with at least three songs who rated themselves as the best covers ever. This CD could be I'm Your Fan of this generation.

The interview is good also. I really like the piece written by Bonnie Prince Billy.

And yes, the magazine is finally on newsstands here from last Friday, February 17.
dick

Post by dick »

I ordered directly from link on the magazine site --
the 6 pound + credit card charge came to only $10.60 -- less than NY or NJ sales tax would have been.

Am thrilled that it was very securely wrapped and looks as good or better than off the news stand.

WHAT A TREAT!

Love Sylvie's relaxed chat, the photos, the album review, the cover, the back page Old Ideas advertisement. One of the finest items I've ever gotten for my Leonard Cohen collection. Thanks Sylvie and MOJO!
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

notdarkyet wrote:anyone willing to do scans?

-justin
Echoing this, would love some scans
HelenD

Post by HelenD »

I have just received my copy of MOJO from back orders as when I found out about it at the end of March, the April edition was already in store! I must say I do not agree with Tomsakic as some of the covers are really terrible. :?

Return to “News”