Who will be the 700.000th?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Who will be the 700.000th?

Post by jarkko »

The 700.000th visitor to the front page of The Leonard Cohen Files (http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com) will be registered during the first week of October. The counter is at the bottom of the front page. If you are
the lucky one (=the counter shows you the magical digits of 700 000) please email me the exact time (including your time zone) and your name & address. A little prize is waiting. I will check the log to make sure we have the real winner. And please no multiple entries in row (in fact the counter will ignore such).

The site was launched in September 1995. The 600.000 level was crossed on March 11 this year. This means that the average number of daily hits is nowadays about 500. According to the logs the actual number is higher -many visitors go directly to the Chatroom or Forum, or section index pages and are not registered by the counter.

Jarkko

PS. I will be off-line from October 3 to 10, so the winner has to wait a bit for my confirmation.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

If the "little prize...waiting" is one of those silver, commemorative rings, I sure wish it would be me! Have a good time while you're offline, Jarkko. Safe time and travel to you....see you when you return.
~Lizzytysh

Edit: With today now being Sunday, I dreamt last night that the "little prize" was a one-inch Buddha, both created and inscribed by Leonard [and akin to the metal one gifted to me by a woman I met on the V.P. Board] ~ and I missed winning by one person. I entered immediately after the winner :( .
eeey

Post by eeey »

Don't grieve Lizzytysh.

When you reach your 1000th post perhaps Jarkko will throw you a party.

eeey
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

:D Pete Needham in UK was the happy winner!
He was our 700.000th visitor (to the front page).
He signed-in on Thursday October 3 at 21:45
(9:45 pm) UK time. Congratulations - your prize
will be mailed next week when I'll be back.
Jarkko
Paula

Post by Paula »

Well done Pete. :cry:

I am really not bitter or twisted.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hey, Pete.....
Way to go, :D buddy!!! Good for you :!: I'm anxious to hear what your prize is ~ and I'm so glad that it was someone from here who won!
~Lizzytysh

Return to “News”