NEW INTERVIEW WITH JAVIER MAS

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Chema

NEW INTERVIEW WITH JAVIER MAS

Postby Chema » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Translate by Google translator

Javier Mas: "The Night of Zaragoza was very special to me"

Accompanist is the most international of Spain. These days, spent in his native city, Zaragoza. He has traveled the world next to Leonard Cohen. He still expects another year of touring.

29/12/2009

JOAQUIN CARBONELL

- Do you still remember your performance in Zaragoza?

- Man! That night was very special for several reasons: because he played in the city where I lived until age 18, where my family, all my first friends ... I saw a whole row for my immediate family, with 26 entries, more than 22 other cousins who were drawn to the entrance. Nearly half the flag.

- Leonard Cohen was very affectionate ...

- No doubt, typically very affectionate, but tonight was special because thanked my family and the city of Zaragoza. Something that has never done in any concert.

- How many concerts have so far?

- We have 200. And there's one more year and we'll be in South Africa, East, South America, and return to New Zealand and Australia.

- This is a spectacular dimension.

- How to show there is bigger, but singers can not do a tour bigger than this. Leonard Cohen is a universal legend, who known throughout the world.

- How is it possible to offer these concerts so long?

- It's got forty songs that are in the memory of everyone. It takes very long to have to remove some for the concerts.

- Is it true that it is preparing new album?

- Yes, I have composed and recorded almost all in 2010. I was granted the honor of knowing first hand, to offer proposals of certain arrangements ... The songs are very good, and I tell you.

- Your name as a musician is on many agendas.

- Yes, certainly. They have come to see us all the great world music, and many have discovered the sound of the mandolin. I have several proposals to collaborate with names of first row.

- What the mandolin and have been stoked archilaud ...

- Sure, they are instruments that played almost anyone. I have a great foundation for my first teacher was the master mandolin Peirona, who taught me nine. And many great artists have found this highly original sound.

- And the archilaud?

- You can say that I just play in the world. It is an instrument almost disappeared, a serious sound beautiful.

- What music do you listen?

- Always for pleasure: first, Carmen Amaya and Sabicas. Then, Ry Cooder, Albert King, Bobbie Blue Band. And, in another dimension, music, Greek, Turkish, Arabic and flamenco. And finally the singer-songwriters.
sturgess66

Re: NEW INTERVIEW WITH JAVIER MAS

Postby sturgess66 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks for the article Chema.

Here is a video from "eldoctorcd" on YouTube from the Zaragoza show - "Whither Thous Goest" and Leonard's blessings - where he thanked Javier's family and the City of Zaragoza -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-f7M8W2ULg

And - here we have it!! More verification of what is to come in 2010! :lol:
How many concerts have so far?

- We have 200. And there's one more year and we'll be in South Africa, East, South America, and return to New Zealand and Australia.

I don't see any mention of Philadelphia there but then Javier didn't get into a lot of detail. :lol: :lol:

Editing - sturgess66 has been correcting her typos from the past couple of days - that she attributes to a nasty cold. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by sturgess66 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B4real

Postby B4real » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

How happy do you think I am :D :D :D :D
Chema wrote: We have 200. And there's one more year and we'll be in South Africa, East, South America, and return to New Zealand and Australia.
Hallelujah!!!!!
Be for real. Free yourself to find the real Self ~~ Me
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
Rabbit

Postby Rabbit » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:50 am

Hallelujah indeed! NZ is waiting! I hope Leonard & co. come to Christchurch this time: the likeliest venue is just a 10 minute walk from my house. They can all stop by afterwards for milk and cookies.
graham.putt

Postby graham.putt » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:20 am

This is great news for Australia and New Zealand! My Mother and Sister both bought the Live in London DVD after seeing mine and they are sorry they missed him first time around. They wont make that mistake again, I wont let them . .. !
graham

:D :D :D
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
devadeborah

Postby devadeborah » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 am

Ah...dreams come true... :razz:

Return to “News”