Happy Holidays - from Leonard

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Kiwi56

Re: Happy Holidays - from Leonard

Post by Kiwi56 »

Thank you so much Leonard and of course Jarkko for posting this wonderful photo!
Hope everyone had a peaceful and lovely Christmas and all of you are looking foreward to
the next year, which shall bring you love, peace, satisfaction and many, many, unforgettable
moments, hours,days!
All the best
Karin
Last edited by Kiwi56 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
douglass

Post by douglass »

Have a wonderful New Year and 2009 Leonard and everyone.

Thank you Leonard, for 2 fantastic concerts - they are the best memories we will take from 2008 for ever. We can't thank you enough.

Love, Lisa, Danny, Jane and Graham
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Dear Leonard,

Thank You so much for the beautiful photo and especially for the unforgettable memories. This year´s concerts have influenced so many people and all of them nearly could not describe in words what they felt during and after the concerts. No wonder, that Hallelujah is in the British charts 3 times (1st, 2nd and the original on 36th) as I read in the newspapers today.

Happy Hannukkah and a wonderful, peaceful New Year everybody and especially to You, Leonard, who made this year so special for all of us!

Amrei and your youngest fans aged 12, 7 and 5
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
annaeva

Post by annaeva »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!! LEONARD I WAIT FOR SEE YOU EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!
Crisfree

Post by Crisfree »

I did this shot in Montréal on June looking around for Mr. Cohen's house. In this peaceful place I talked for a long time with a local guy. He said he sometimes meets there Mr Cohen sipping a coffee on a bench. This is my gift for everyone in this forum. I found here friendship and mutual love for Mr Cohen ! May have a peaceful very happy New Year !
Many thanks to you Mr Cohen for your golden voice your kindness your concern - we all you faithful fans in Edinburgh were failing to drown by the suddenly rain !!!
June 2008
June 2008
2008_Montreal.JPG (178.66 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Crisfree,

Interesting photo in contrast to the one Leonard shared. What a difference between winter and summer....but I guess many of us see that disparity every year. Lovely shot though. All best wishes to Leonard, Anjani, his incredible band and singers, his family, and everyone on the forum! Happy New Year! May 2009 bring inner peace and love/adventure to all. Each day is a wonder! Also hoping to see Leonard in the US (ann arbor :D ) and western Canada....please, please, please....

Blessings and love, Diana
crystal

Post by crystal »

A very happy New Year to Leonard Cohen and to everybody in this forum.
What an amazing year 2008 was. I never thought I see him perform live again and then I was lucky enough to go to three concerts in 2008.
Hopefully I am lucky again in 2009 and make it to one of the USA or Canada concerts.
Christel
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

Dear Leonard and everyone on the forum. I wish you all a very happy and peaceful New Year, wherever you may be. To you, Leonard, a very special greeting and a huge 'Thank You' for making 2008 such a memorable year in so many ways.
Hope to meet up with some of you on Hydra in summer and in the meantime am raiding every piggybank and searching every sofa to raise the funds to try and get to at least one North American concert as well!! Oh, Happy days!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
mirka

Post by mirka »

Happy New Year, Mr. Cohen, thank you for touching so many souls in 2008 !
Hope to see you in 2009 home, in California.
.....thank you for being Leonard Cohen.....

HappyNewYear.gif
HappyNewYear.gif (139.94 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Zagreb 1 January 2009

2008, that was the year of Leonard Cohen. In March I am in the UK for a conference. The Guardian announces the tour and tickets on sale tomorrow. Four dates in Manchester. It's OK, I think. At 10 am I am in the conference but at 12 I am free. By 12, all sold out! I return to Zagreb a man obsessed. I discover the Forum. For years, I have been writing of the impossibility of creating 'community' online. And yet, with Leonard's blessing, Jarkko does it. Berlin Waldebuhne is announced for the end of August. I buy tickets and tell my Berlin friends. The Forum urges caution. I get my money back. Mabeanie (Wendy) offers Manchester tickets. The dream lives again. In the end, through Ticketmaster auction, a beautiful fourth row experience, with my wife Jasmina, albeit watched through tears. "Thank you for keeping my music alive all these years" he says. "Come back soon" someone shouts. 'OK' he says. Thanks to Liverpool Ken's gift I can listen to the concert anytime I want (the last time was an hour or so ago). And then on my office wall is the autumn tour dates. In the end, so many possibilities. Eventually, Vienna alone, Berlin with one of my closest friends, Tini and, oh yes, thanks to Henning, meeting so many Forum members and most of the Band. Sharon, I know you really wanted to meet Tom Sakic but thanks for being so gracious, for letting me buy you a vodka, and for not letting me go on about how brilliant you are. And to Habie for some wonderful Forum contributions about that time. Later, Cardiff with another close friend Rea when even getting drowned finding the venue did not matter. And finally, Manchester again with my 12 year old son, Luka and thanks to Ken, meeting more new friends who already seem like old friends. So, what else to say. Without the tour and the Forum, it wouldn't have been such a special year. I would not have heard the documentaries on Hallelujah or Leonard and Marianne. I would not have bought Luka a Leonard Cohen chord chart book for new year. I would not have had my views about online forums so profoundly changed. It's a bit confusing. I don't do fandom. Yet my browser tells me this is my 1244th visit. I may try to be less obsessed in 2009. But, to quote Leonard, I want to "bless you for your open hearts" and wish you all a Happy New Year!

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
barbarita

Post by barbarita »

I had the great fortune to be in a front center seat for the June 23 Montreal concert. As many have described, it was magical. This was my fourth time seeing Leonard(others being in NYC, starting with the Bottom Line many moons ago) I visit Montreal regularly, and have sat in Parc du Portugal's shade on numerous occasions. It's a very sweet neighborhood oasis; here's the fountain:
parc du portugal fountain0001.JPG
parc du portugal fountain0001.JPG (80.29 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
Happy New Year to Leonard and family and friends,
Barbara in NYC.
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

Ah, summer! Since we have passed the solstice, we can see,by the infinitesimal lengthening of each day, that it will indeed come again...

Some of my favourite Parc du Portugal summer pics:
1.jpg
1.jpg (75.65 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (78.04 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Happy New year, Everyone
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
istvan

Post by istvan »

Happy Hanukkah and hag szameach!
BUÉK! (Boldog Új Évet Kívánok) - HNY (Happy New Year) in Hungarian - to all of you on the forum.
Istvan
In a dream of Hungarian lanterns
In the mist of some sweet afternoon
Actually

Post by Actually »

Since it's never too late for good wishes, I really hope you'll all have a wonderful new year.
May it be full of unforgettable moments.
Nicole
cloudlea

Post by cloudlea »

Sorry its late

A Very Happy New Year Leonard

Thank you for the two amazing concerts I saw last year ..you helped take some of the trouble away from my eyes following the death of my 30 year old son in December last year.

I just want you to know how much your music and poetry has always moved me, then last year somehow a crack of light came through.

With love
Monica

Return to “News”