Leonard Cohen Event: Victoria, BC: Sept. 2002

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Natalie

Leonard Cohen Event: Victoria, BC: Sept. 2002

Postby Natalie » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:48 pm

Dear Leonard Cohen afficianados,

My name is Natalie Fuhr, and I am the Editor for the Victoria Writers' Society magazine, "Write Away." We, at the Society, are planning an event to be held in conjunction with Mr. Cohen's birthday; the venue is to be announced, as well as the date.

We are based in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, and we are putting out a call for performers to participate in our event. If you live in Victoria, or would like to visit us from Vancouver or Seattle, please e-mail me:nataliefuhr@hotmail. com, if you would like to attend. We do not want to charge a high price for admission. At the moment, we are estimating a cost of 20 dollars Cdn, which is hardly anything U.S. Of course, the performers for our event will not pay this cost. We, at the Victoria Writers' Society, are a non-profit organization, and all of the funds generated from the Leonard Cohen Evening will be used to produce our magazine, "Write Away," which will include a previously unpublished poem by Leonard Cohen; he has just given us permission to print the poem, and we are thrilled, needless to say.

More information will be available when the date and venue are ascertained. Please check our website: http://www.victoriawriters.com for updates. I will also be posting updates on Jarkko's site, in the Forum under the heading "News."

Again, you can contact me at nataliefuhr@hotmail. com if you would like to be a participant.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Natalie Fuhr :wink:

Return to “News”