SPECIAL TICKETS FOR MEMBERS TO SEVERAL UK SHOWS

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

SPECIAL TICKETS FOR MEMBERS TO SEVERAL UK SHOWS

Post by jarkko »

AEG Live and Leonard's tour management have kindly given us a quota of 50 good seats to six UK concerts shown below

Clyde Auditorium Glasgow WED, 05/11/2008 20:00
Cardiff International Arena Cardiff SAT, 08/11/2008 19:30
Bournemouth Int'nl Centre Bournemouth TUE, 11/11/2008 19:30
The O2 Arena London THU, 13/11/2008 19:30
NEC, Birmingham Birmingham SAT, 22/11/2008 20:00
Brighton Centre Brighton FRI, 28/11/2008 20:00

The following rules apply:
- each member can buy a maximum of two tickets to one (and just one) of the shows
- if you order more than two the order will be cancelled by seeticket

To reserve the tickets online, follow this link:
http://www.seetickets.com/aeglive/leonardcohen/

We have changed the password because someone is selling the old password at eBay!!

The new password is the name of the person whose legs are white from the winter.

Update August 15:
Our Manchester tickets are sold out, and we may again show the password, it is - of course - Heather
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
clionamhic

Re: SPECIAL TICKETS FOR MEMBERS TO SEVERAL UK SHOWS

Post by clionamhic »

Thank you so much for this. I've just got two tickets for the Cardiff show and I'm speechless! I was just browsing and had no idea that there were tickets available. Can't believe I'm going to see him again - and good seats. Thanks again. C
Bela

Post by Bela »

Jarkko, is this true? http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sect ... 034917&c=1

Seatwave named as ticket exchange for Cohen tour
15:54 | Tuesday July 22, 2008

By Ben Cardew

Seatwave has been appointed as the official ticket exchange for Leonard Cohen’s UK tour in the autumn.

The deal means that fans will have the opportunity to buy and sell tickets for Cohen’s tour on Seatwave.com, and will benefit from the consumer protection it offers.

The announcement follows Seatwave’s deal to become the official ticket exchange for Grand Union Mnagement.

Seatwave founder Joe Cohen says, “Seatwave was founded on the notion that the way fans have traditionally got tickets is broken and our mission is to provide them with 100% piece of mind and the lowest prices in the secondary market.

“Our recent partnerships demonstrate that the leaders of the live event and sport industries agree with our premise and believe that Seatwave is fans’ best opportunity for a great experience.”
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

jarkko - thank you!
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
subtle

Post by subtle »

clionamhic wrote:Thank you so much for this. I've just got two tickets for the Cardiff show and I'm speechless! I was just browsing and had no idea that there were tickets available. Can't believe I'm going to see him again - and good seats. Thanks again. C
I second that thanks from Cliona to Jarkko, AEG and LC's team - I also got good seats for the Cardiff show
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

Hurrah, just upgraded from quite near the back :D
Ziyad

Post by Ziyad »

Thank you for this service. It's great to get 2 seats for the middle front stalls section at the O2 - on the web, all such tickets are part of a corporate hospitality package for £335
1974 London RAH|1976 London RAH, London New Vic x 3|1979 Manchester|1985 London Hamm x 2|1988 London RAH x 3|1993 London RAH x 2|2008 Manchester x 2, Glastonbury, London O2 x 2, Big Chill, London RAH, Brighton|2009 Weybridge|2012 London Wembley|2013 London O2 x 2

"thanks for the trouble you took from her eyes, i thought it was there for good so i never tried"
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

Me neither, Steve. When I just tested the Seetickets booking for Brighton without logging in through the special password system linked from here it says the gig is sold out, so maybe they are planning on shoehorning us onto the stage or into the orchestra pit or thereabouts :D . Ah well, time will tell.
commonweal

Post by commonweal »

Great gesture. Thank you to all concerned.

Thank you.
margaret

Post by margaret »

A gesture that came a bit too late for those of us who already booked when tickets went on sale :roll:
commonweal

Post by commonweal »

Yeah, came too late for me too. But it don't hurt to acknowledge that it's a nice thing to do ... Could the promoters and managers do more? Of course. Could they do better? You bet. Could we for once stop moaning and say thanks. Seems to me we could. :?
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

"The only thing that puzzles me is that other posters are commenting on the position of their seat, but there was no indication of seat position or number in my booking process nor in the confirmation email. Did other people get this information, particularly for Brighton?"

For the O2 tickets it specified block (A2, in the middle of the floor), row (W) and seat. I'm guessing they were all around this area as I refreshed a few times and got allocated different seats in row W. Not sure about Brighton though!
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Bela wrote:Jarkko, is this true? http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sect ... 034917&c=1

Seatwave named as ticket exchange for Cohen tour
I'm not Jarkko, but I belieeve this is true. If you go to the AEG Live UK site
http://www.aeglive.co.uk/index.php
there is a banner at the bottom of that home page for the Leonard Cohen tour that links directly to Seatwave.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

Seatwave have Leonard Cohen prominently displayed on their website too, and, if I understand their operation correctly, this is a good thing.
subtle

Post by subtle »

UrPal wrote:Seatwave have Leonard Cohen prominently displayed on their website too, and, if I understand their operation correctly, this is a good thing.
I'm not sure its that good ... they put a good spin on it and ok it guarantees money back if you dont get your tickets but its still a tout site. They are'nt fixing the prices the sellers are and you will be paying over the odds - it means anyone who can get their hands on tickets for the first few rows of a gig can make a huge mark up and seatwave take their cut.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”