Manchester Evening News - 100 Ticket Release

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...

Moderators: MarieM, Maarten, pekka, Henning, Andrew (Darby), dick, tomsakic, Wybe, jarkko

Manchester Evening News - 100 Ticket Release

Postby raywebster on Tue May 27, 2008 5:49 pm

This evenings Manchester Evening News has announced that they are selling 100 tickets for the Tuesday 17th June Opera House show.
Tickets go on sale this Thursday 29th May at 10AM and are £75 each (max. 2 per person) and are only available to customers who live in Manchester.
To prove this you will have to take along a Manchester Council Tax Bill or a Utility Bill with a Manchester address and some form of ID such as a passport to the Box Office at the Palace Theatre in Oxford Street (NOT the Opera House).

Good Luck all you Mancunian fans!

ray
raywebster

Re: Manchester Evening News - 100 Ticket Release

Postby Mabeanie1 on Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Brace yourselves for another flush of speculators on eBay. I'd like to think that the tickets will go to genuine fans but I doubt they will - just to genuine touters and chancers who happen to live in the Manchester area and can get to the box office at the right time.

I bought tickets for the Manchester shows within seconds of them going on sale and what did I get? Back of the circle and back of the gallery. I know I wasn't alone. Indeed, there were plenty of people who were equally quick off the mark on on-sale day and didn't get anything. Meanwhile, Ticketmaster and the Manchester festival have been happily dribbling the tickets out, including the very front row, and lo and behold, the touts get hold of more and more tickets and make more and more on eBay.

I don't live in or near Manchester so I won't be going along to buy on Thursday. But then, Leonard isn't visiting my town so what am I supposed to do?

Sour grapes? You bet!

W
Mabeanie1

Postby secretchord on Thu May 29, 2008 2:00 pm

well that was easy

I arrived at the Palace about 9.30 and there was a short queue, no more than ten people or so in front of me, the office opened at 10, you showed ID and proof of manchester residency and there you go - so I now have a ticket in the third row of the side section of the stalls for the tuesday night, as well as the gallery tickets for the friday show I got from ticketmaster

there were only 2 or 3 people behind me and they were all being served by the time I left and then the place was empty, considering there were 100 tickets available you might have thought there'd be more demand (and I didn't see anyone who looked like a tout buying ticket, everyone who got them seemed to be a Leonard fan and very pleased to have this opportunity)

the offer doesn't seemed to have been well publicised, if I hadn't seen this thread I would never have known about it so thanks for the heads up ray
Last edited by secretchord on Fri May 30, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...that David played and it pleased the Lord...

http://www.myspace.com/morrinmusic
secretchord

Postby Mabeanie1 on Thu May 29, 2008 4:11 pm

secretchord wrote:I didn't see anyone who looked like a tout, everyone seemed to be a Leonard fan and very pleased to have this opportunity

Ray

Thanks for the feedback, and congrats on your third row seat. I'm glad to hear that the tickets were going to genuine fans for once. There has been a rash of new sales of seats at the front of the stalls on eBay over the past week or so and I was beginning to think there would be no one at or near the front who hadn't paid considerably over the odds for the privilege. It's good to know that there are some exceptions. Just wish I could be one of them .....

W
Mabeanie1

Postby Born With The Gift Of A G on Fri May 30, 2008 6:40 pm

"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Postby secretchord on Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Born With The Gift Of A G wrote:It appears that not everyone was so fortunate....

http://www.manchesterconfidential.com:80/index.asp?sessionx=IpqiNwB6Il7qJpqiNwF6IHqi

ha ha you can see me in that picture, I'm the one leaning against the poster wearing chinos and a denim jacket

I can understand some people being upset as I'm sure in the paper it said any utility bill or a council tax bill would do, fortunately I just happened to pick my council tax bill as my proof so no problem; others fell foul of the Manchester postcode anomaly that says you might have a Manchester postcode but actually be living in Trafford or (God forbid) Salford but I'm inside the city line so again, no problem

also I did see the touts but didn't mention them as they went away ticketless - he was scoffing his egg and sausage mcmuffin right in front of me!

other than that some people just like to moan
Attachments
20083005pic.jpg
20083005pic.jpg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 995 times
...that David played and it pleased the Lord...

http://www.myspace.com/morrinmusic
secretchord

Return to The Summer Tour 2008