CONCERT REPORT: Charlottetown, PE (May 18)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Steve Wilcox

Re: Charlottetown (May 18)

Post by Steve Wilcox »

I'm so glad to hear Leonard (and the band) had plenty of energy at the Charlottetown performance as that made 7 shows in 8 nights! I don't think even Springsteen would try that at his age!
mirka

Post by mirka »

I think he is genuinely happy on stage, plus enthusiastic response from the audience gives him additional boost of energy.
I never before saw him smiling on stage !! and there is this glow of a person at peace with himself coming from inside, that I can see looking at him.

This is a twisted thought, but -- shouldn't we all write a "thank you"note to his ex-manager ? :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:
After all she made a lot of people happy-- at least for the moment.

ps.
I looked once more at the Charlottetown photos, in this age of instant-ersatz-of everything Leonard Cohen makes the most unlikely star I can think of !
here we have this 70+ guy wearing suit and a hat, singing in a "golden voice" lyrics including vocabulary rarely used these days, with multiple cross cultural references, and a continuum meaning.
And a young girl proposing to him with a song :roll: :D :roll: :D
How likely is it nowadays ? :shock: :shock: :shock:
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
treyia

Post by treyia »

Hehehe it's true, hey?
Oh, but he deserves every bit of it :)

So, I can't help but remind myself now and then that he's got my CD.
It's making me pretty elated.
I soo wonder if he's listened yet...
I <3 Leonard this much:
http://www.myspace.com/nikkiemusic
(please note the song on there dedicated to him, in which I propose :D )
wreathmaker54

Post by wreathmaker54 »

mirka wrote:
treyia wrote: I left my CD with the song on it with some people with access to him..
You never know, hopefully he gets it :)
I like your song very much, Nikkie !! any luck with your CD ?
Hi Mirka, did you or are you going to Ireland to see Leonard? Was talking about you today with my sister Kathy, miss you and hope you get to see "our man" again. Marie.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”