CONCERT REPORT: Fredericton, NB (May 11)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
upsofloating

Re: Fredericton gets ready

Post by upsofloating »

I think meeting someone like Cohen would only be in passing.
"Dear child, I only did to you what the sparrow
did to you; I am old when it is fashionable to be
young; I cry when it is fashionable to laugh."

---Charles Bukowski
madflowers

Post by madflowers »

I'm sure that you didnt mean any disrespect to Steve and Im also sure that Leonard would have been enriched by a handshake with Steve . Artists need their audience for inspiration . Here's to a great tour
Darling

Post by Darling »

I'll drink to that! :D
Tri-me2

Post by Tri-me2 »

Good on you Steve. He is in the maritimes afterall, we say hello to people here. :razz:
He is here wow a dream come true.

I hope to see you at the concert I am in Row H in the center I will be with three women. You must have a digital camera. Yes, I know you cannot take photos of the concert, but there will be an intermission, I hope they will open the bars, they usually do.
"Door hinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
celtic36

Post by celtic36 »

Wow - less than 24 hours to Leonard's 1st concert in 15 years. It fells really special now and history is really in the making Lets all light a candle or mark this event in some nice way. I am miles away from Canada in London UK but am filled with anticipiation. I am Irish and will see Leonard's 1st European concert in Dublin on June 13th. cant wait!!
Love 2 u all Aodan XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hello everybody.
Finally decided to register here.

So here's a question: according to my calculations it's 11 PM over there in Fredericton, Canada. When has the concert started?

ARE WE GONNA SEE AN OFFICIAL SETLIST WITHIN THE NEXT HOURS ??

Because I'd be willing to stay up another couple of hours, even if it's 4 AM over here, to see what LC is dishing out in this day and age.

Peace,
Ken.

(Leonard Cohen fan since I was 7 years old.)
tyerxa

Post by tyerxa »

You forgot that it's 11pm on May 10th. Still 21 hours to go to the concert.

I saw the dress rehearsal this afternoon. It is going to be fabulous.
Ken

Post by Ken »

whoops, my calculations were wrong then, lol.
(at 4 AM in the night one is allowed to make mistakes like that, isn't one? :oops: )

OK, well at least I can go to bed then. But tomorrow I want to see a SETLIST or I will be VERY unhappy.

a massive THANK YOU in advance to the person who rushes to an internet cafe after the show and posts the setlist first. :D
Last edited by Ken on Sun May 11, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
upsofloating

Post by upsofloating »

The show is tomorrow and I'm sure there'll be a setlist up quite soon afterward. Don't worry about pictures because I'm sure it will be well covered (first show in 15 years).
"Dear child, I only did to you what the sparrow
did to you; I am old when it is fashionable to be
young; I cry when it is fashionable to laugh."

---Charles Bukowski
zintman61

Post by zintman61 »

tyerxa wrote:I saw the dress rehearsal this afternoon. It is going to be fabulous.
That's all you have to say??

Throw us a frikkin bone! :razz:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Super photo of the venue... thanks, Steven! So much to anticipate with all of this!

The grueling of the show itself, preceded by six-hour rehearsals!?! Leonard's inherent commitment to quality is so intense and having so many people merge for this tour... it has to be quite the assignment for the Jazz Captain. I want the brand names, milligrams, and dosages of Leonard's vitamins.

A great way that you handled your meeting, Steve 8) . This whole tour is going to be an energy drain and an energy source for Leonard.

Such a blessing that you were able to see [all of the six-hour?] rehearsal, Tyerxa 8) The descriptions regarding the equipment suggest that this is going to be massive music for all, filling us from the inside out.
by lonndubh on Fri May 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Is it just a coincidence that Leonard is starting his tour at Pentecost . Very symbolic anyway . We asked for signs ...........
I love this interpretation, lonndubh :) .

I'm really looking forward to reading all of the anecdotes, accounts, and reports and seeing the photos and footage. This is SO exciting, to see it all begin... so many years suspended in lack of belief that it ever would... and here it is, world stage, beginning now. What a gift to all of us. Thank you, Leonard!

Love,
Elizabeth
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Tri-me2

Post by Tri-me2 »

I am sure you will hear from Steve before me. I drove past the Playhouse this evening saw the big busses my stomach is doing flips. WOW
"Door hinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
madflowers

Post by madflowers »

Please hurry up - Waiting ,Waiting patiently for news :!: :!:
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Any news ??? Please!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Darling

Post by Darling »

The show should start about 30 minutes from now. People must be getting very excited in Fredtown...

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”