Lisbon 19 July tickets?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
magdasto

Re: Lisbon 19 July - on sale NOW March 26

Post by magdasto »

St Theresa,
I'm not from Lisbon myself, though I know the city a bit. I guess it was bluebird who explained at the very beginning of this thread that it was very easy to get from the center to the venue by train. My husband says we won't go by car to the venue and that there's no worry of train not working after the event, so definitely we'll be staying in the center. The city is beautiful and almost all the monuments are within a distance of a walk, with the exception of the District of Belem with the best cream pastry in the world (and other important monuments :lol: ). If you have some spare time, you may want to pick for a couple of nights a hotel at the beach near Lisbon, in Cascais for example, and see Sintra as well.
To all: looking forward to meeting you in Lisboa!
magda
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
blue_bird

Post by blue_bird »

Hello from Lisbon!
Well I'm listening now Royal Albert Hall May 30, 1988 bootleg and WHAT A WONDERFUL CONCERT! :D
About the venue as I said is very, very easy...the train starts at Cais do Sodré Railway Station and Passeio Maritimo de Algês is in Algês Station (fourth stop), Estoril/Cascais and Sintra is also a very pleasant places to visit...

http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgne ... 01a8c0RCRD

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_tourism/ ... ndexp.html

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_tourism/ ... index.html

bb
Coliseu dos Recreios Lisboa 1988, Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 (Meet Cohen at a cafe on the main Lisbon's avenue on the concert's eve), Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

You're very efficient, Bluebird, thanks a lot for the links and the exact info concerning the train. I've just had it all written down.
Lisbon, Cascais, Estoril, Sintra - all of them are beautiful and not to mention Obidos, Alcobaca, Batalha, Braga ,Coimbra, Porto, Aveiro...
I love Portugal!!!
What a wonderful country, what a wonderful people and the best pastry in the whole world (with the exception of the American banana pie).
Cheers, magda
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Thank you everyone
for the links and the information--it looks so beautiful. I am writing down everything--We will be in Portugal and Spain for two weeks so I am open to suggestions of how best to enjoy your beautiful countries. Is the town of Avila in Spain worth the drive? Does anyone know? I am not really St Teresa
but she is very important to me for a number of reasons. She and her sisters. I would like to visit Avila on that account. Thanks so much !
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

Hi St Theresa
Avila is well worth the drive. It's a small town, but very beautiful. And it's close to Madrid and Salamanca which are also well worth visiting. If you're coming in June/July do prepare yourself for hot and dry weather in Spain.
Maybe it's easier for you starting in Madrid and finishing in Lisbon - besides LC's concert Lisbon itself is certainly a grand finale for the trip.
Happy booking!
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

hi LuNo
and thanks for the suggestions. My husband has a conference in Portugal on July 25, so we intend to travel between the concert and the conference to Spain where he is also meeting some colleagues. But I will keep in mind the dry heat--I look forward to it as I have some pain in my body that likes dry heat. After the conference we still have a few days in Portugal so it will be interesting to do some more intensive discovery of Portugal for the latter part of our trip. (hopefully near the ocean).
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

YESSS
My tickets were delivered this morning to my home. I am off work due to a spring break so when the doorbell rang, I knew in an instant what it was...Thank you ticketline, thank you all you contributors to this site and thank you jarkko for your constant dedication and work--without your efforts, I would likely have been oblivious to this rare constellation of events that would allow me to travel to Portugal and to see Leonard Cohen while there. My one regret is that I will miss meeting you in person in Edmonton. Perhaps another time.
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

How's that St Theresa living far far away beyond the seas has got her hard tickets and me living just around the corner (the border I mean) have no news...
Polarfox: do you have yours already?
boo, :cry: :cry: :cry:
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

I've just received my tickets!
I'm so "overwhelmingly" HAPPY!!!! Now I can go really free of all worries for my long awaited trip.
See you then in Lisbon,
cheers,
magda
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Good news Magdasto!
Glad to hear you also have your tickets. I have begun to tell my friends about my good fortune of both going to Lisbon and seeing Leonard there. Without exception, they are thrilled for me. Now that leonard's tour has been announced, everyone seems so aware of him and his work--a few short years ago I would get comments like "oh is he still around" but this tour has really stirred things up. I came to this site looking for a way to thank Leonard for his music and poetry, and I have been given so much as a result of that desire to thank him.
polarfox

Post by polarfox »

Such a fine news as well! I've received my tickets this very morning! Oh, I'm looking forward to some great summerdays and nights in Lisbon. Surely, when date and time comes nearer, we will trying to inform us about places, meetings, etc. Yeah, I'm happy. (Though the other concert date of mine - Berlin, Waldbühne- seems to have been cancelled. As it is said: there's always some magic and then some loss, to even things out. ;-) ). Greetings to Magda!
Michael
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi everyone
I am now getting SCARED--if spain is cancelled on the 20th July,and hes doing Portugal the day before on the 19th--whats the chances of this being cancelled as well?? I think we all need to know asap if this is now going ahead,so we have time to make alternative arrangements to try and see him at another venue.Help!!!!!
blue_bird

Post by blue_bird »

C'mon folks...ONLY BENICASSIN IS CANCELLED AND NOT LISBON...be more positive right ? :)
Coliseu dos Recreios Lisboa 1988, Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 (Meet Cohen at a cafe on the main Lisbon's avenue on the concert's eve), Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Hi Catswhiskers

I had the same momentary fright when I saw the cancellations, but then I remembered the philosophy by which I try to live _-If it be Thy will. It makes my life a lot simpler. Initially when I planned this trip to Europe I was a bit sad because i would miss the international leonard cohen event in Edmonton, later I heard of his tour and thought OMG what if he comes to Edmonton and I am away, then I heard he had a Spanish guitar player and thought, well maybe just possibly he will be in Spain when I am there. Later I heard he was to be in Spain but the venue might not be a good one. I wrote anyway asking for the date he would be there and hoping to buy only a one day ticket. They responded saying they would let me know. Then I heard about the Lisbon venue and thought it sounded better than the festival. I waited and waited and heard finally that the tickets were on sale. Then I waited some more and my tickets arrived all the way to Canada. Surely this is one of those events that I was just meant to attend. I have been very lucky in this regard so often in my life--just being in the right place at the right time. And perhaps if it is cancelled it will also be a good thing. I don't know how, but it might be.
NewZealander

Post by NewZealander »

Hi St Theresa,
Like you Im travelling to Europe to see THE MAN!.been a fan for many many years, ... and its a long way from this end of the world,I doubt that he would ever come this far.But certainly I think will be the highlight of my concert going for many years to come!..I've left it rather late though for tickets, Ive been looking for weeks at all the varying prices around and did ask someone in Portugal what he knew of the actual price for tickets but received no reply. If I leave it any longer I will miss out!..So can you tell me please, it seem there are still some left for sale in Portugal?, I will be travelling for three weeks, probably ending in the heat of Tuscany at Lucca, where I have a friend who tells me they will be 50euro..Lisbon looks beautiful to me though, and I thought that I would start there and spend some days getting over "jet lag" and enjoying the city/beaches before the concert..So please can you tell me how much they are (are they really 200euro??) and exactly which is the most reputable web site, or way to buy the tickets please.....or am I too late??..Maybe someone local could help me with that please??..
Thanks,

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”