Lisbon 19 July tickets?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
catswhiskers

Re: Lisbon 19 July - on sale NOW March 26

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi to all my friends out there.
I have just made a mad dash to fnac in Coimbra,and here I am now HOLDING my Leonard Cohen tickets!!!! I can't believe it--they are beautiful--must stop kissing them otherwise they will be too sodden to produce on the day.All I can do is just STARE at them in total disbelief."love is all around us"--now isn't that true???
I sincerely hope you all managed to get tickets--Its going to be a BRILLIANT NIGHT!!!!!!
!'m so HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY-Pity my boss tonight--he will probably sack me!!!
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

haha catswhiskers
I can just imagine kissing the tickets--Please let them arrive here soon, so I can do more than imagine.
Suddenly it all seems so real! :o
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

I haven't received the e-mail confirmation from the ticketline though I did get one with "codigo de levantamento" the very moment I bought the tickets. I hope everything is OK then...
I'm worried...
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

I've just realized the ticketline charged my creditcard, so supposigly all is fine...
So now desperately waiting for my tickets to come...
Polarfox - any news re: your tickets?
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

Hello,
I understand that there are more than 100000 (aye, more than one hundred thousand) tickets available for LC's venue in Lisbon. Since the place is rather flat (by the river) we may want to be there early in order to pick a good place near the stage, otherwise it'll be difficult to see anything.
CatWhiskers; do your tickets have any information about doors opening time?
This doesn't apply, of course, for all of you who are basketball players and have some good binoculars...
Cheers,
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]
polarfox

Post by polarfox »

Hi magdasto,
Thanks for taking an interest in my ticketaffairs. And don’t you worry because of yours! I didn’t receive an email confirmation from ticketline either and didn’t get any answer on an email of mine. So I decided to make a phone call. To my great surprise and relief I was told, that everything is OK and that they have sent the tickets already (I chose the option ‘post-office’, but they send them, as they told me, to my regular address). So I don’t know what’s the use of this funny ‘Código de Levantamento’ we’ve got, but what the heck … as long as we held these wanted tickets in our hands!! Let me know the time, that your tickets arrive, I’ll do the same. Greetings to you and love to everybody!
anogueia

Post by anogueia »

Hi all!
Finally I also got my tickets!! 35€/each!
I asked how many tickets will they be selling and the answer was about 11000 still available...
I just can't wait for the July 19th!!
Greetings to all!
André
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi Everyone
The concert starts at 9pm.I asked Ticketline when he thought the gates may open and he said probably between 7-8pm.Yes I think it is an idea to get there early and get a spot near the stage.Sounds as if its going to be manic.Hope I don't get someone really tall standing in front of me,cos I'm only tiny!!!!!
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Thousands of tickets still available? Well, what the heck... I will go and buy the highest high heeled shoes for the event. And just in case start a diet as well (for my husband to be able to hold me up on his neck).
I'm so excited...
You know, I behave just about the same way as my teenage nieces going mad with "High School Musical 2". My husband says that if I don't calm down soon he's going to go on our long awaited (7 years) honeymoon alone.
So, apart of buying new shoes and starting a diet I think I'm into yoga as well...
Take good care and keep thinking how we'll arrange to meet.
Oh, and one more thing: this one goes to LuNo: what's the weather like in Espinho in the 1st half of July, what are the beaches like, wide with fine sand (like Peniche) or more like Nazare? I'm starting to plan holidays and have seen some interesting offers but don't know nobody who was there. Thanks a lot.
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

magdasto wrote: Oh, and one more thing: this one goes to LuNo: what's the weather like in Espinho in the 1st half of July, what are the beaches like, wide with fine sand (like Peniche) or more like Nazare? I'm starting to plan holidays and have seen some interesting offers but don't know nobody who was there. Thanks a lot.
Hello Magdasto
I believe that high heel shoes, diet, yoga and honeymoon aren't all compatible (at least simultaneously). Honeymoon is once (or twice) in a lifetime, you'd better grab it with both hands and fully enjoy it (especially if you're waiting for 7 long years to do it... :o ).
Espinho has small to regular beaches with fine sand (in some places gets coarse by the sealine), it is similar to Nazaré and S. Pedro de Moel. I am very fond of beachtime here in early June, when it really gets hot and there's noboady around and in September when the Gulf current changes and the sea water temperature changes from 15/16ºC to 18/19ºC 8) . In July/August the town gets a bit crowded and it usually is "blessed" by the north wind, unfortnately without the cape rock protection as in Nazaré, so it really gets a bit uncomfortable sometimes (wind protections are strongly recommended for those who want to stay in the beach).
There are on-going construction works of a tunnel for the railway (that today is on the surface and divides the town) just 200 metres from the beach line, therefore it complicates even more life of all who want to get close to the sea (by car, especially). The plase is a mess from the south end to the north end, and it should terminate this summer, but I doubt they'll do it in time.
If you book a place in town and you don't mind walking it is great, the town is pretty flat and has more to offer than just the beach.
If you have any other questions please ask.
Cheers,
Luis

catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi everyone
Its cat whiskers again!!!
Can any one tell me--cos I have never been to an open air concert in Lisbon before--how do the Portuguese behave at such an event? Strange question I know--but in my youth I saw David Bowie at Wembley,and ran my fastest to get right to the front,swashed against the stage.The girls behind me who wanted my position bite and kicked me relentlessly,hopefully to make me fall--but there was no room to fall anyway.When the concert ended my friend and I were covered in teeth marks and bruises,and she was hobbling cos someone had fractured her leg!!! Please can someone ressure me that Lisbon fans aren't like this--otherwise I shall come dressed in a suit of armour!!!
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

catswhiskers wrote:Hi everyone
Its cat whiskers again!!!
Can any one tell me--cos I have never been to an open air concert in Lisbon before--how do the Portuguese behave at such an event? Strange question I know--but in my youth I saw David Bowie at Wembley,and ran my fastest to get right to the front,swashed against the stage.The girls behind me who wanted my position bite and kicked me relentlessly,hopefully to make me fall--but there was no room to fall anyway.When the concert ended my friend and I were covered in teeth marks and bruises,and she was hobbling cos someone had fractured her leg!!! Please can someone ressure me that Lisbon fans aren't like this--otherwise I shall come dressed in a suit of armour!!!
Hi CatsWhiskers,
Portuguese aren't that harsh, for Christ sake! Biting and kicking? I've been to open air and stadium concerts in Lisbon before and never saw anything close to that, even in gigs where many of the attendees tend to be under the influence of irregular substances (besides alcohol). In heavy metal (or close to that) venues where mosh is quite certain I wouldn't be near the stage, but in a Leonard Cohen concert I don't think that there's any risk - LC's fans tend to be amongst civilized people.
Instead of a suit of armour dress yourself with loose light-coloured thin cotton clothes and comfortable shoes (a pull-over or a jacket may be useful if there's any sea breeze) and if you plan to be early at the gates to get yourself a place near the stage please don't forget the sun lotion and a hat to protect your face from the sunbursts.
Cheers,
Luis

magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Luis: planning to become our guardian angel?
You're amazing!
Thanks a lot for the info re: Espinho. I'll let you know whether we'll decide to pick the offer, we'll surely need a guide, and you seem to be pretty good. :D
Take good care and have a nice Sunday!
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

magdasto wrote:Luis: planning to become our guardian angel?
You're amazing!
Thanks a lot for the info re: Espinho. I'll let you know whether we'll decide to pick the offer, we'll surely need a guide, and you seem to be pretty good. :D
Take good care and have a nice Sunday!
Hi Magdasto
Thanks for the compliment :) I'm certainly not anyone's guardian angel :lol: (except my children's, of course). I just try to be helpful as much as I can. If you happen to come to my hometown please let me know, I'm no tourist guide but I'll do my best.
Have fun,
Luis

st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Magdasto --
Thanks for the info too.. We booked our tickets to Lisbon yesterday--so this is really happening. :lol:
We arrive on the 17th in Lisbon so will have one day to get our bearings and find the transportation to Passeio Maritimo on the 19th. Still don't know where in Lisbon we'll be staying, but someone mentioned it might be better to stay where the venue is--will that even be possible?

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”