Lisbon 19 July tickets?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
catswhiskers

Re: Passeio Maritimo.Lisbon.!9 July

Post by catswhiskers »

hI everyone
Yes,lets keep these postings active.I ring EVERY day the ticketline--he knows my voice now,and ends by "speak to you tomorrow"!!!Still no news on tickets yet--but I PROMISE as soon as I know I shall let everyone know. We have to remember that Portugal is quite "slow" on certain things!!!
This is something I shall not give up on--I want a good seat--preferably next to Leonard on the stage--I would even volunteer to do the backing singing--Especially to Joan of Arc--I could handle that--la,la,la, la,la,la ,la.la,la,la,la,la.
See?????
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

I really would like to know how you manage to speak with the ticketline. It's just that I'm curious, I know you'll post a message as soon as you can. The fact is that I'm calling the 707234234 all day long as well and the line is always busy, there's even no typical mechanical voice saying "all our operators are busy at the moment, your call will be attended in the order it has been received" - just nothing - only beep beep.
Well, we'll have to wait, but I am afraid with my two devilish kids I've run out of pacience a long time ago.
Yeah... I will peep into the forum tomorrow, I know there'll be no news but it's going to be nice to see your new posts...
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi Magdasto
Maybe I have a magic phone---I don't know!! But today I got through straight away--sometimes I get a recorded message to say they are busy and to hang on,and then always get through after a couple of minutes.I have never had an engaged signal and as I say I ring every day.Can't understand why you are having problems.Don't worry though--as soon as I know I will post a message on this sight.May not make much sense,as I shall be so overcome with absolute joy!!
Kettering

Post by Kettering »

LC Files website says tickets now for sale.
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi everyone
They are NOT,repeat NOT,for sale yet.However there is some other site selling them for a ridicious sum--but are they "real"? I have my doubts.Please don't let anyone be conned--and keep checking the site.I live in hope.This has now taken over my whole life---Is it just me??????
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Please---does ANYONE have tickets yet??
blue_bird

Post by blue_bird »

No tickets yet here in Lisbon...
Coliseu dos Recreios Lisboa 1988, Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 (Meet Cohen at a cafe on the main Lisbon's avenue on the concert's eve), Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

Definitively Lisbon is the place to be this summer for those who are fond of senior songwriters. Lou Reed will play also on the 19th (same schedule but in a different venue), and on the weekend before and in Passeio Maritimo there'll be Bob Dylan (11th) and Neil Young (12th). One golden week!
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Wow LuNo
Do you have information regarding tickets for any of those concerts? That could be a lot of fun --one week of music with two Canadian singers and one Scotsman--Donovan. I have been re-listening to a lot of Donovan lately and love some of his newer stuff that is in a spiritual mode. Of course Bob Dylan goes without saying. What a week that would be although hubby is not a Neil Young fan--oh well.
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

well, back home and back to the routine and internet connection :lol: I just want to say hello to all of you...
any news, I suppose...
Have a nice week, be good and be patient...
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Well, in case you don't read all the threads: I posted the message to Jarkko asking whether he's got any news re: concert in Lisbon and how's that although it's listed as "on sale now" on the files we cannot buy tickets other than those offered by unofficial ticketers.
This is his answer:
"I can't read all of the messages but have tried to glance at the Tour threads to find out what is going on. The Portuguese Ticketline had informed AEG Live that they open booking on March 20. That's how I got the date. Obviously they haven't begun yet, and this concert is not listed on their website. Contact their Call Center at 351 707234234 and ask what they are waiting for."
Since I don't speak Portuguese well enough to say the above, not even mentioning the problems with the line being busy all the time, can any of you try and call them saying what Jarkko has said? Maybe they finally tell a date?
Well, I will keep lurking for your news...
Besinhos, magda
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi everyone!!
I have just this minute spoken to the Tickeline--they speak excellent English.Now DON'T PANIC--still no tickets for sale--he didn't know anything about the Portuguese ticketline opening booking on 20 march--and he doesn't know what they are waiting for.But it will be some time SOON.As I ring them everyday now--as I said before__I PROMISE as soon as I know I shall let EVERYONE know.If you live near me in Portugal you will hear the screams of joy!!!!
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Well, catswhiskers, you're my hero!
Anyhow, I am not panicking. YET!!! The problem is I'm leaving for ten days on April 8th for my long awaited honeymoon (after 12 years together, of which seven married) and I know we won't have any access to the web during all that time. So I am anxious to get my tickets before I leave. What does "soon" stand for in Portuguese? Days or weeks?
I'm not Spanish though I live in Spain and here "soon" may be quite long...
Hope to hear from you, catswhiskers, a piece of good news, really soon...
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hello Magdasta
"soon"in Portuguese is similar to the Spanish version!!! But I'm pretty sure its going to have to be before the 8 April--as my telephone bill is getting higher and higher---and I think my partner may actually "Murder" me before then!!!! All I can do is think,dream,speak about Leonard----I'm a total "wreck"!!!! :
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

st theresa wrote:Wow LuNo
Do you have information regarding tickets for any of those concerts? That could be a lot of fun (...).
Hello, St Theresa
The events on the week before LC's concert are on a festival called "Optimus Alive! 2008" - agenda in http://www.optimusalive.com/ - and tickets in the inevitable http://www.ticketline.pt/.
But I reckon that we're all eager for news concerning the tickets for Leonard, am I right? 8)
Cheers,
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”