Pre-Sale Tickets (from Ticketmaster)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Tony

Pre-Sale Tickets (from Ticketmaster)

Post by Tony »

I for one do not wish to purchase tickets for this tour. What happened to the pre-sale promise? As for "Hospitality Packages" they are a long way from that "drunk in a midnight choir." I am very disillusioned. Perhaps an altar can be erected to Mammon at the O2.
Neville 45

Re: Pre-Sale Tickets

Post by Neville 45 »

I think Ticketmaster sucks!!! Easy to get £50 tickets, but all the best seats are pre-bought and then re-sold by themselves!!!!
Real fans have no chance and i would not pay to sit next to some corporate slob or trendy pop star who know thinks Leonard is cool!!!
Love is the Law
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

I just posted something similar here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10474
osmachar wrote:Managed to get some tickets as well at about 9.02am through ticketmaster, so i'm not complaining.

But ....just a wee question: is it just me or do others think as well that the best category tickets are not on sale anywhere? Are they just by invite only? I don't quite get it.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

I have sat and watched my screen as all sorts of 'news' has developed. What can I say? I'm bewildered and disappointed by what passes for business practice these days, with special regard to treating the customer like so much wallet fodder.

Disgusted and disappointed.
Byron
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Rob

Post by Rob »

And to add insult, 02 and manchester tickets on ebay already

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search. ... en+tickets

Rob
maureen

Post by maureen »

Hello Everyone, This is the first time that I've written anything on a forum ,but I have to say how sad I am that it seems to be impossible to get tickets to see Leonard ,unless that is you can afford to pay huge amounts to greedy people. Even so, Ticketmaster say the tickets haven't gone on sale for Manchester, then I read that they are sold out. It seems like there are a great many people making or hoping to make lots of cash. I've been see Leonard pretty much every time that he has come to England since the 60's,and never had problems with tickets before, now it seems that its not meant to be! I am so sad. Sorry but I just have to let someone know how it has made me feel. To all who have managed to get tickets, enjoy!
Update, I managed to get a gallery seat from the Guardian ticket sales, I'm so happy!!!
Last edited by maureen on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louise

Post by louise »

I believe I did see some tickets this a.m. ranging from about £150 - £750 for o2 which I would hope were good, but can no longer find them. I believe I was redirected from the ticketmaster site when I tried to find other than £50 tickets, but can no longer follow that route. Anyway I hope to enjoy my £50 seat too much to worry about what seat I could have had. Can't wait!
margaret

Post by margaret »

Louise, the high priced tickets were probably no better than what you bought for £50. Touts and ticketmaster links have already been inflating these to make huge profits.
dorsetdolly

Post by dorsetdolly »

Hi Guys, Like many of you, feeling this is so unfair, and seriously feel that somehow the fan should be able to challenge companies like Ticketmaster, who supposedly the artists entrust to carry out the sales in the fairest way possible.

So I have sent a pretty heavy message of complaint requesting details as to how tickets can be onsale on ebay when on their own website they are saying tickets have not even been released yet.. what is going on here.

I think as fans we really need to make sure that the artists are aware of this... after all if we all give up on this and reside ourselves to the fact that ebay is the only place we can buy tickets.. well..... I just feel they are not floating so far above this that they wouldn't want to do something about it otherwise why was there a pre-sale arrangement in Canada... The UK ops... obviously need sorting out...

I will post the response I receive and will forward through the Leonard Files site.... who knows maybe somebody will pass it to Leonard!!! here's hoping... but can I suggest that maybe if we all bombard Ticketmaster then who knows.. maybe people power can prevail, it's so easy to give in to these things.
karrob

Post by karrob »

Just want to support all the criticism of Ticketmaster after fruitless efforts from 10am to book tickets for Manchester. If enough true Leonard fans voice their frustration here perhaps it will reach the man himself or his management.
Tony

Re: Pre-Sale Tickets (from Ticketmaster)

Post by Tony »

I am making my own protest by refusing to buy a ticket. I suppose everything nowadays has its price. I would rather give the money to a charity.
the end

Post by the end »

TM are an utter shambles, despite being on the go first thing yesterday I still only managed to get some pretty crappy seats. I wish popular gigs would stop selling tickets through them as they don't seem to be able to cope with high demand, half the time their website doesn't even work properly. It's beyond a joke and don't get me started on their astronomical booking fees, they're just glorified touts. I was charged almost £20 in various fees on top of what are quite expensive tickets to begin with, I'm a student and if it wasnt for the fact that my parents are coming too, and so bought my ticket for me, I'd never have been able to afford a ticket with all those extra charges.
AndrewGMooney

Post by AndrewGMooney »

This is an unfortunate situation which happens every time a popular artist tries to reach a live audience these days. Artists are invited to tour by promotors and have to accept the booking arrangements offered by the promotion company.

Everyone wants a slice of the action, but the Artist and the Audience are the ones who get shafted. Most venues have 'exclusive deals' with Ticketmaster, etc as it makes sense to them not to run a box office for events where, literally, thousands of people are trying to buy the same thing at the same time. As for paying Ticketmaster to print off your own tickets :roll:

It was exactly the same with the recent Neil Young dates in London. And if you want absolute madness: Try and get a ticket to see U2. Not that I'd ever want to. Or Arsenal vs Liverpool in the Champions League! :cry: Lots of venues won't sell single tickets to individuals until they've sold all the 2's and 3's. Yes, it is all a big con.

I gave up trying to get tickets to see Prince at the 02 last summer. Close to the shows I thought: 'I'll just check' and lo and behold: I got fantastic seats for 2 nights. All sorts of scams are in place. At Prince's shows, there were the 'hospitality packages' directly in my sight-line, a few yards away. It seems to consist of Merchant Banker types sipping champagne and eating pizza with their trophy W.A.G's. They didn't know the songs, didn't respond other than to 'Purple Rain', etc. The only reason they were there was because, like Leonard's return: It was a 'hot' ticket and they accrue 'status' by throwing their money about so they don't have to queue with the rabble and have V.I.P views.

I saw Morrissey storm off stage in disgust at The London Palladium, in part, because the first few rows were full of 'fans' like Stella McCartney and various other 'high-profile' / high-status individuals who just SAT THERE! Like they were waiting for a bus.
It's all incredibly distracting and infuriating. But: just like British Soccer, the Cheltenham Gold Cup, Rugby the 'prawn cocktail' Corporate Hospitality Mob are destroying live music. There's nothing Leonard can do, other than to turn up at a club in a city, with just an acoustic guitar. But then: Imagine the scenes once local radio and press found out? The Police would cancel it on health and safety grounds. Radiohead did it in London recently and all hell broke loose.

Artists only have live performance income as secure these days because a lot of so-called 'fans' download everything for 'free'. Leonard's been shafted by his former manager, he's touring to secure his retirement and say 'Thank You' to his Audience. I've managed to get tickets for all the shows I can afford. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity.

PLEASE: anyone who hasn't managed to get a ticket, particularly, for the 02 - keep checking periodically as you may get a fantastic seat closer to showtime, like I did for Prince.

As you've probably gathered: This situation disgusts me. But it's nothing to do with Leonard or any other individual performer. It's modern capitalism, red in tooth and claw, touts with an army of 'temps' on laptops grabbing all the tickets. It's a big business. Just like drugs, prostitution etc. But don't blame the Artists: Unless they 'auction' the best seats. That's when I'll walk away from any live shows other than the local school bands... Apologies for the 'emotional ventilation' on this topic, but it drives me mad! :cry:
Tony

Post by Tony »

I note that this heading has been amended. If I remember rightly it was "Pre-Sale Tickets" not "Pre-Sale Tickets( from Ticketmaster)". There was a promise that forum members would get a chance to buy tickets before the general sale. There has been a subtle change of emphasis from the original title, turning the discussion in a different direction. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation.
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

The main problem is Ticket Master is a de-facto monopoly. Monopolies do not provide a good service and charge exhorbitant prices. Just look at the 'booking fees'. Those alone are more than the cost of some events.

p.

p.s. Be thankful. Here in the US we have no dates at all.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”