Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
b55

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by b55 »

life isn't fair
que sais-je?
maltagla

Post by maltagla »

Fantastic! Thanks to all of you
Knickerless

Post by Knickerless »

i just wrote a long post? where did it go?!?
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

damellon wrote:Richard
If you're looking for a fight you'll need to look elsewhere.
I'm not looking for a fight either - but at least this debate will increase my post count :-)
damellon wrote:Tell me what you think would be a fair way to allocate tickets.
I answered that in my previous post. Don't sell any tickets on the phone or online. Make them only available to personal callers at the venue box office.
Deena

Post by Deena »

I confess...I just joined today. But I don't have a pc and only recently heard about this forum! I have been listening to/following Leonard passionately for 31 years and the thought of not getting to this tour makes me feel totally :cry: (have never used emoticons before - weird!)

My gratitude to all involved.
Deena

Red Poppy wrote:I think damellon makes a very valid point. It really has become very crowded all of a sudden.Not wishing to spoil the fun but I'm sure many library and public computers are suddenly registering new Cohenites and their mothers and grandchildren and second cousins.
Interesting to see how that one fares???? :lol:
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

This is very kind of you. Thank you so much, Leonard and Jarkko.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
cat75

Post by cat75 »

Thank you very much indeed Mr Cohen and Jarkko.

I'm looking forward seeing you in Paris hopefully .
Knickerless

Post by Knickerless »

my post? oh, i give up. i was asking about some hampton court dates...

anyway, thanks jarkko!
Milla

Post by Milla »

Any chance the advance ticket sales will cover venues in Canada?
Milla

Post by Milla »

Sorry for my last post. I accidentally skipped over the page of the forum that covered this.
iaspen

Post by iaspen »

jarkko wrote:Actually the tour begins with concerts in several cities in Canada in May and then goes/comes over to Europe. The organizers are working on the pre-booking arrangements, and we will soon learn which venues and where will be included in this option. My impression is that the number of tickets will be very limited for the small Canadian venues while many gigs in Europe are at open air festivals. Note that I don't have the list yet, so this is just speculation!
Hello, (from another long-time lurker, first-time poster)

Jarkko, there is no mention of the USA... Can you at least tell us if he plans to tour the USA during the first "leg" of his tour? And more specifically is he coming anywhere near California, and even more specifically, anywhere near San Diego (hey, we have great weather here! 8) ).
If you can't say, I will wait patiently as I have been, 'til March 11.

thanks,
Irene
dharma

Post by dharma »

jarkko wrote:Leonard and his team have been very generous in giving us this chance. We should appreciate this gesture!
I'm sure 99% of us do appreciate the gesture BIG TIME. :D

The likes of Portishead and Tindersticks have made advance tickets available to fans via their websites in a similar way in recent weeks, and MANY other artists have been doing the same thing for years. No system is perfect, but any system that helps fans to buy tickets before the touts/scalpers has got to be a good thing, so a big THANK YOU to Lenny and his management. :D
Last edited by dharma on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I answered that in my previous post. Don't sell any tickets on the phone or online. Make them only available to personal callers at the venue box office.
Hi Richard ~

The primary problem I see with this is that Leonard is well known and popular worldwide [emphasis on "world" ;-) ]. The venues, proportionate to his popularity, will be limited. Europe is relatively, geographically small and happens to be where some of the venues will be... far easier to get to; whether seeing a concert or obtaining tickets at a box office. The United States is hugely spread out. So is Canada. So is Australia [if he were even performing there]. There are fans who live in China and Japan. The world is large.

In the 'old days,' before the Internet, traveling to concerts was fairly common, but attending locally even moreso. With the 'broadening' of the world, and hence our personal horizons, the scope of our lives has increased. We are willing to travel to see Leonard perform. That's not the issue here, however. Traveling to get tickets in person would be prohibitive. By the time I flew from Florida to Toronto [or New York, if he performs anywhere in the U.S.], my money for tickets&later travel would be gone; as well as the tickets, themselves. The same situation holds true for a number of other people living around the globe.

Times have changed; and methods, necessarily so, as well. I'm hoping that everyone who wants a ticket will get a ticket. This plan was generous, in ANY case, and I hope the generousity of it won't become distorted in this process.

My wishes that everyone who wants a ticket will get a ticket definitely include you... and me.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

That is such fantastic news. I am not on this Forum long as I am not a great writer but have been avidly reading it for years. To think I may get to see Leonard in person this year is just phenom!!!! :D
damellon

Post by damellon »

b55 wrote:life isn't fair
I agree with you b55 - when it comes to things over which we have no control.
Interesting signature you have :)
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”