Just bought Book of Longing

Everything about Leonard's 2006 book of poetry and Anjani's album
Yon1967

Just bought Book of Longing

Post by Yon1967 »

My first book of Leonard Cohens poems!!

Just treated myself to Book of Longing. Was advised to try Let us Compare Mythologies or Starnger Music : Selected Poems and Songs to read first but Book of Longing was the only one available in my town but have asked them to order them

Am so excited - love reading all your posts and opinions on everything - have to log off now and give myself some time out with my new purchase:)
lonndubh

Re: Just bought Book of Longing

Post by lonndubh »

Yon1967 wrote:My first book of Leonard Cohens poems!!
A very good choice 8)
Enjoy ---
I know she is coming
I know she will look
And that is the longing
And this is the book.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Book of Longing is a wonderful read. The reader must focus on what they read to understand what the beautiful book, Leonard wrote. :razz: ;-)
iveta

Post by iveta »

yeah...it's both reality and joy principle, both irony and pathos, when Leonard is the centre of his unrequitted love
such a great drive in book of longing
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
Alexandr12

Post by Alexandr12 »

The Book of Lost Things is a fiction novel by John Connolly. The book follows the story of young boy named David who struggles with his mother's death and father's remarriage. When a World War II bomber plane crashes into his garden, he ends up in the fantasy world of his books and must find the king in the hopes that he can return him to his home. The novel takes a different look at traditional fairy tales and follows every child's journey into adulthood.

Return to “Book of Longing”