Guess The Song Game

This section is for any non-Cohen topics (except political discussions!)

Moderators: MarieM, Wybe, Maarten, pekka, Henning, Andrew (Darby), dick, tomsakic, jarkko

Re: Guess The Song Game

Postby lonndubh on Mon May 30, 2011 1:31 am

Over to you Karren
lonndubh

Postby Karren B on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Try this one,

...Quiet thoughts come floating down

And settle softly to the ground

Like golden autumn leaves around my feet...
'Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.' 'And He Sure Gave It Meaning'!

'Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.'
Karren B

Location: At the cottage in the village by the river near the Castle, with my Irishman...

Postby B4real on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:27 pm

......I touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories....

Memories
Elvis Presley

seems like Elvis is popular at the moment ;-)

Lovely to speak with you again Karren 8)
Be for real. Freedom lies in being yourself ~~ Me
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
B4real

Postby Karren B on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 pm

HI B4real,

You are right...Its a lovely song.

I lost my mum a few weeks ago so this song means quite a lot to me. Sometimes memories are all we have to get us through.

http://youtu.be/H_uN4WNpABY

Over to you now.

Karren xx
'Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.' 'And He Sure Gave It Meaning'!

'Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.'
Karren B

Location: At the cottage in the village by the river near the Castle, with my Irishman...

Postby B4real on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks Karren,

Yesterday my parents would have been celebrating their wedding anniversary but my dad has passed away some years now so I know how you are feeling.

Also yesterday I heard this song at work and I thought it would be perfect to post here. Now I have to say that the universe works in mysterious ways......

"The way she held your hand,
The little things you planned,
Her memory is with you yet"....

Bev
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
B4real

Postby Karren B on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks Bev.

I think it's another great Elvis song...not as well known as some.

'That's someone you never forget'...

Karren B

Postby B4real on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:40 am

Karren B wrote:Thanks Bev.

I think it's another great Elvis song...not as well known as some.

'That's someone you never forget'...

Perfectly correct and very quick Karren :D I thought that I would go for three times in a row for Elvis!
This was recorded: 1961/06/25, first released on Pot Luck - I actually have the original LP ;-)

and I chose this poignant video yesterday too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ob5ObFNB4

Back to you now.

EDIT: It's Saturday morning here and I have just seen that it is your birthday. :D I remember now from last year that it was close to mine which was on the 1st June. There are so many forum members who have birthdays in this month. 8)

Please do have a Happy Birthday.
B4real

Postby Karren B on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks for the Birthday Greeting Bev. Hope you had a good birthday too!

I had a wonderful day, if somewhat bitter sweet. Spent it with someone I love very dearly (hope you're reading this!) but as always it was hard to say goodbye at the end of the day.

Try this one, seems quite appropriate!

..Each time we meet love
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
what would life be...

Karren xx

Karren B

Postby B4real on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:53 am

Hi Karren,

Glad you had a great day and thank for your birthday wishes for me too. :D I can't believe how quick this last year has gone!

So in light of what you have said about your love you would just have to start off saying:

"I bless the day I found you.
I want to stay around you.
And so I beg you, let it be me."

Let It Be Me
by The Everly Brothers

...and of course you know that I (once again) have the original LP :)
B4real

Postby Karren B on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 pm

You've got it Bev...Lovely song.

http://youtu.be/kjhQceK0Y6E

Over to you.

Karren B

Postby B4real on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks Karren,

They are wonderful singers!

....and this is another song I heard at work yesterday.

"And every night I'd sit alone and learn
What loneliness meant
Up in my rented room above the world"
B4real

Postby lonndubh on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Not sure if this is the one you mean but it is a trip down memory lane for me to Dreamland Ballroom in Athy
;-) ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUjEJSV ... re=related
lonndubh

Postby B4real on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 pm

That's the song lonndubh!

but the singer I prefer is Verdelle Smith :)

and as at the beginning of this video I have the original 45 record (of course)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN8AuLUMOUM&feature=related

...and yes, I have also lived this song many years ago.......

over to you now.
B4real

Postby Karren B on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 am

Hi Bev,

loved the song...hadn't heard it before. Thanks for the oportunity to listen to it!

I get the impression that you have a vast LP collection!!!!!

take care
Karren
xx

Karren B

Postby pe swijngedouw on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am

great song, great souvenirs from french teacher mr. moors, who - "il y a longtemps ..." - used to teach us many more things than the language itself ; i had not heard this english version, and i always thought the french version by françoise hardy (la maison où j'ai grandi) was the original, and adriano celentano was the copy.
thanks for correcting me, and for bringing back these sweet memories.
pe
... precisely ...
pe swijngedouw

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else