Forum member, Jorcx, new album

This section is for all other music-related topics
BEATRIZ SALLES

Forum member, Jorcx, new album

Postby BEATRIZ SALLES » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:17 pm

It's a big pleasure to announce the issue of the new album of our forum member and friend, well known for those having attended to the Barcelona meetups in 2009 and 2012, JORCX.
10 poems by Joan Margarit, musicalized and sung by Jorcx.
Margarit is a well known Catalan poet.
The topics covered are very close and familiar, but also deal with major universal and transcendental such as time passing, loneliness, pain of life and death, etc..

Here you have a link to Margarit in English and some of his English translations covers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Margarit_i_Consarnau

2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
jorcx

Re: Forum member, Jorcx, new album

Postby jorcx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks very much, Bea!
I have to say that this project was possible through a crowdfunding campaign where forum members Bea, Chema and Meritxell collaborated generously...
http://www.verkami.com/projects/3770-jo ... n-margarit

If anyone is interested in the CD, you can contact me privately. You can listen to the whole album in Spotify here (soon available in iTunes as well):
http://open.spotify.com/album/6uKAoEnk6PamOHg575eNyz

Also, I attach some of the poems translated in English:

BARCELONA FINAL LOVE (BARCELONA AMOR FINAL)
POEM FOR A FRIEZE (POEMA PER A UN FRIS)
THE DARK BENEATH THE WHITE (LA FOSCA SOTA EL BLANC)

All the best wishes,
Jorcx
Attachments
THE DARK BENEATH THE WHITE.jpg
LA FOSCA SOTA EL BLANC
POEM FOR A FRIEZE.jpg
POEMA PER A UN FRIS
BARCELONA FINAL LOVE.jpg
BARCELONA AMOR FINAL
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12
harald

Postby harald » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Enhorabuena, Jorcx!

Wonderful news. I am very glad, Jorcx follows his way with the music and that he found the possibility to produce a new album.

I will definitely buy the CD.
I´ll first see the next weeks if we meet with friends from Barcelona on a Mr Cohen concert this summer to hand it over personally, otherwise I´ll get in touch with you, Jorcx.

I´d love it if the CD comes with the lyrics both in Catalan and English.

All the best for you, Jorcx, and for your music career.
And thanks, Bea, for starting this thread.
Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton
jorcx

Postby jorcx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks very much for your kind words and your support, Harald:
I'll be very happy that you get to listen my new album, I believe there is some amount of Cohen style in both these poems and songs... All the best,
Jordi
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12
jorcx

Postby jorcx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 am

Dear friends, in addition to the new record I'm proud to also present a new videoclip of one of my own songs:

"L'Oncle Cohen" ("Uncle Cohen")
Music by Jorcx / Lyrics by Artur Rodríguez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1tcoWf-ZNg

It is in fact some kind of emotional reference to the figure of Leonard as a guiding presence in corner-stone moments of life. Some of you who attended the latest Barcelona Event in October '12 may have already seen me play this song live in the tribute concert. Best regards, I hope you like it!
Jordi

Return to “Other music”