Mickey Newbury: "Four Ladies"

This section is for all other music-related topics
Steven

Mickey Newbury: "Four Ladies"

Post by Steven »

Squidgy

Re: Mickey Newbury: "Four Ladies"

Post by Squidgy »

Hey Steve-o, I'm a Mickey Newbury fan from way back. In my vinyl pile is an album with his original of "Just Dropped In to See What Condition My Condition Was In." Remember that one? The album sleeve has a really corny photo of him with his hair in a neat little Beatle cut, and he's wearing a Nehru jacket !!
Steven

Re: Mickey Newbury: "Four Ladies"

Post by Steven »

Hi Squidgy,

Yes, I remember "Just Stopped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In," but only cover versions
of it. Here's a link to the original that you referred to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znTz2vY9dmk
(for others who haven't heard it). "Just Stopped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In" exemplies the
ability that Mickey Newbury had to write songs for others to score big with. Thanks for reminding me of the song; it brought about my discovering the original. -- It probably had no radio play in the radio market that I lived in at the time of its release. Some covers had lots of air play. It is a reflection of the times it was written in, consistent with the haircut and jacket you mentioned. :)

Return to “Other music”