Forthcoming Dylan Album

This section is for all other music-related topics
Jonnie Falafel

Forthcoming Dylan Album

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

By all accounts Dylan has recorded a new album. I hope it's of the standard we have come to expect from septagenarians. Otherwise I'll have to call him in for a word.... :roll:
Okudzhava

Re: Forthcoming Dylan Album

Post by Okudzhava »

Thanks for the info.
Belgrade, Serbia, 2. IX 2009.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

No problem. Here's more: David Hildago (from Los Lobos) is on it playing "Mexican" instruments. It was recorded at Jackson Brownes studio in Los Angeles over an unusually long period for Dylan ~ about 9 weeks.... he's been known to do an album in 3 days! It's said to have a producer which might be Charlie Sexton from his touring band. Mark Knopflers involvement was also rumoured but this may be wishful thing (but not mine!). Hildago said it was different to other recording sessions he'd done with Dylan (by which I think he probably means the others were shorter and this was more meticulous)
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

A little more to add. According to Dylan's engineer on Love & Theft, there is Scott Litt ~ Of REM production fame ~ involvement. Curiouser and curiouser....
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

quote="Jonnie Falafel " Mark Knopflers involvement was also rumoured but this may be wishful thing (but not mine!)."

Eeek! How can you say this? Knopfler is a guitar god who makes Clapton sound like a plinker. Sultans of Swing?? and many others...and arguably one of the greatest concept albums EVER, Sailing to Philadelphia...??? Jonnie, yer makin' me...uh.. falafel ! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Diane

Post by Diane »

I agree Squidgy, Knopfler is a superb guitarist. I don't know how his recent tour with Dylan went, but the thought of the two of them mumbling their way through songs fills me with horror:-)

Return to “Other music”