CD Booklets and Labels for Down Under Audience Recordings

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
sue7

Re: CD Booklets and Labels for Down Under Audience Recording

Post by sue7 »

These are wonderful! Thanks so much. I'll be downloading them all....
Sue
dce

Post by dce »

Well, it has taken a bit over five months, but today I put the finishing touches on the last CD Package for the Down Under recordings, namely the Perth package.

The final souvenir booklet contains a special guest contribution from one of our forum regulars, womanfromaroom, who I was lucky enough to meet at the Perth concert. Her account of the (rather unusual) experience of travelling half-way around the world just to see a Cohen concert with her partner, is wonderful ... It's well worth downloading the CD booklet just to read this.

So ... for anyone who has been holding off checking out my CD Packaging until the complete set has been completed ... it's time to scoot over to http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/cd-packaging/.

In addition to uploading the Perth packaging, I have also rounded out the page by including photos of the physical CD packaging I have made using each of these designs. For each show I have made a double-jewel-case package to hold the three discs plus the booklet. When stacked on top of one another, the twelve packages make up a quite impressive "Tower of Songs", as shown below:

Making these souvenir packages has been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. What's made it especially enjoyable are the contributions from other forum members -- so, as I officially sign off from this project I would like to give particular thanks to Bev (B4Real), AlanM, Andrew Darby, Mat James and Ann (womanfromaroom). I suppose I should also thank Joey Carenza, from whom I stole a few photographs to "fill in" some of the more obscure tour events that I wasn't able to catch in person.

Dean (from Adelaide)
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi Dean,

Thanks again for all your efforts to collate this information. I had fun with my small part in helping you. :D I have just finished downloading the remaining concerts except one file from Perth which says, "the file is damaged and could not be repaired". It is the 2-sided print 15.7MB. I don't know if it is just my computer saying this or if you might have to fix it from your end. I will try again later on.

Many thanks,
Bev
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
dce

Post by dce »

B4real wrote:I have just finished downloading the remaining concerts except one file from Perth which says, "the file is damaged and could not be repaired". It is the 2-sided print 15.7MB. I don't know if it is just my computer saying this or if you might have to fix it from your end. I will try again later on.
Hi Bev,

I just downloaded the file you were having probs with and it seems to be ok ... I would suggest trying the download again -- I have noticed the wordpress servers occasionally giving up part way through a file download, giving you a partial file. Just repeating the download usually does the trick!

Glad you (and others) had fun participating in my little (slightly insane) project -- having the forum along for the ride really made it a lot more fun!

Dean
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
B4real

Post by B4real »

HI again Dean,

I have tried repeatedly over the last 24 hours (EDIT 48 hrs) and unfortunately still with the same negative result as above. :cry:
I have never had this problem before with any of your files and this one remains a mystery :roll:
Maybe you could email me with it if you don't mind or any other way you think will solve it for me.

Sorry to be a pain,
Bev

.......and I wonder what your next project will be :razz:
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
dce

Post by dce »

B4real wrote:HI again Dean,

I have tried repeatedly over the last 24 hours (EDIT 48 hrs) and unfortunately still with the same negative result as above. :cry:
I have never had this problem before with any of your files and this one remains a mystery :roll:
Maybe you could email me with it if you don't mind or any other way you think will solve it for me.

Sorry to be a pain,
Bev

.......and I wonder what your next project will be :razz:
Hrm ... Bev, if you're still having problems it's probably something to do with the file itself. It still works fine for me, but I've made a version using an earlier version of the PDF format which maybe might not trigger your computer's unhappy reaction. It's too big to email to you, so I have dropped you an email with a link to an alternate download site.

If anyone else encounters a similar problem, drop me a PM or email ...

As for the next project ... hmm ... If I didn't know better, Bev, I would think you are actively *encouraging* my active time-wasting :-)

Dean (from Adelaide)
B4real

Post by B4real »

Many thanks Dean,

I have sent you an email and have downloaded the file now and all is OK. :D
dce wrote:As for the next project ... hmm ... If I didn't know better, Bev, I would think you are actively *encouraging* my active time-wasting
hahahah! I think you do know ;-) ...... and yes I reckon I am "encouraging" you but I secretly believe that you don't need any encouraging!! I do know that whatever you set your sights on you will follow it through.

Ah well, we have to keep ourselves amused somehow until Leonard starts touring next year to promote his new album. You know I really do think that will happen and us here in Australia will have to travel possibly to the USA or UK to see him. I know I will and I hope you and Cathy are up for it!!

Bev

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”