The Other Leonard Cohen Album

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Phantom Stranger

Re: The Other Leonard Cohen Album

Post by Phantom Stranger »

That is a great site you have going on there. Thanks for compiling these songs. :)
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Gosh, Thanks. I now have it on MP3 and CD. You made it so easy to do.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Fantastic - once again - thank you so much, Allen. Another real treat from the Heck of A Guy website. :D
surrender

Post by surrender »

Excellent!
How rewarding to suffer from a CPD under the care of dr. Allan...
Thank you so much, heck of a guy.
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
Inne

Post by Inne »

Many thanks for this exclusive and exquisite "new" album !
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
balanced view

Post by balanced view »

Thanks for this wonderful selection!
If i could ask your advice - I easily manged to download vol 1 but when I click the link for Vol 2 it stays on 'processing download request' and after a while 'no servers available'
I have tried for a couple of hours without success and wondered if this is likely to be a temporary blip.
Again many thanks
Best wishes
Undertow

Post by Undertow »

This should tide me over while waiting for the new album!

Thanks a lot :)
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

Downloads are working again: The second volume of the set (tolca2.zip) wasn't downloading because of a problem with MediaFire servers. As of this moment, it seems functional again. If problems with the downloads or files arise again, please send me a PM or zap a message my way at drhguy@1heckofaguy.com
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

This is great!

Where do you get all this stuff? (and in good quality as well)
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

by osmachar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 am
This is great!

Where do you get all this stuff? (and in good quality as well)

I desperately wish I could tell you I found a hidden cache of illicit Leonard Cohen recordings which I spirited out of an obscure Eastern European city in an episode replete with derring do and panache. The mundane truth is that there are batches of bootlegs of live performances which can be purchased and sometimes downloaded free - sans panache. My contribution is limited to putting a selection of these songs together in a (relatively) user-friendly package.

That said, some of the songs do have a specific provenance and have been the subjects of posts on my Heck Of A Guy blog in the past:

The new songs from the World Tour (Feels So Good, The Darkness, and Lullaby) are MP3s I extracted from videos of live shows. The MP3s of all the performances of those new songs are available on my blog at these links: Puppets and Book of Longing are from a KCRW interview with Leonard Cohen and Anjani: http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/01/05/two-v ... f-longing/

Do I Have To Dance All Night (the 1976 version) is ripped from my own copy of the 45 rpm single released in 1976 and marketed only in Europe: http://1heckofaguy.com/2006/07/06/the-b ... ver-heard/

The other songs are taken from various bootlegs or downloads of live performances.
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Fabulous! Still amazed about the quality.

Thanks for doing all this work!
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey »

DrHGuy you are a genius and so is my 16 year old son.He has just successfully downloaded new album onto cd disc.Do i have to dance all night is my favourite song.My dream is to hear leonard and his angels sing it live in Dublin.Hears hoping.
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

topsy turvey wrote:DrHGuy you are a genius and so is my 16 year old son.He has just successfully downloaded new album onto cd disc.Do i have to dance all night is my favourite song.My dream is to hear leonard and his angels sing it live in Dublin.Hears hoping.
Can you ask the son how he did this? the download and copy to the MP3 player worked. But I couldn't burn it on CD - very odd.
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey »

Osmacher,he says go into windows media centre click on burn cd.It will ask you to pick file you want to burn click on this.Hope this helps,good luck and happy listening.
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Thank you! Will try.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”