The Other Leonard Cohen Album

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
DrHGuy

The Other Leonard Cohen Album

Post by DrHGuy »

Leonard Cohen fans have awaited his next album of new songs since 2004. But, Leonard Cohen has been and continues to be a busy fellow, what with the Perpetual World Tour and all, and he also has been and continues to be a perfectionist. Happily, I, on the other hand, have no responsibility for a World Tour and, as anyone who has read my blogs knows, am free of the taint of perfectionism. Consequently, I have again stepped in to lift a bit of the burden from the fashionably clad shoulders of the heroic but harried singer-songwriter icon by offering "The Other Songs Of Leonard Cohen" - a collection of unreleased Leonard Cohen songs.

Note: I had not planned to post this material (which was published on my blog 2 weeks ago) on the Forum, but the popularity of these songs (which sounds like good news) has led to the possibility/threat that the freebie site now handling the downloads will cease to do so in the near future (which would definitely be bad news). Consequently, I am writing to recommend that Forum members who have an interest in downloading this set of unreleased Leonard Cohen songs do so sooner rather than later.
othersongs350.gif
othersongs350.gif (27.68 KiB) Viewed 15469 times
Information and MP3 downloads can be found at Now Available – The Other Leonard Cohen Album: http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/01/25/now-a ... hen-album/

Track List: Vol 1
1. Feels So Good (The Other Blues Song)
2. Book Of Longing
3. The Darkness
4. Puppets
5. Lullaby
6. Do I Have to Dance All Night (1980)
7. Blues By The Jews

Track List: Vol 2
1. Red River Valley
2. Never Got To Love You (Duet with Anjani)
3. Can’t Help Falling In Love
4. Ride Around
5. The Union Makes Us Strong
6. We Shall Not Be Moved
7. To Love Somebody
8. The Hypnotist (Poem)
9. Chelsea Hotel #1
10. There’s No Reason Why You Should Remember Me
11. Streets Of Laredo
12. Do I Have To Dance All Night (1976)
cpl593h

Re: The Other Leonard Cohen Album

Post by cpl593h »

thanks so much for compiling this treasure!
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG »

Thanks. But if Cohen's label should want to be paid I'll be happy to fork over some $. It would only be fair.
quirijn

Post by quirijn »

What a great gesture;for me a new album.Never heard chelsea hotel 1.17 minutes blues by the jews; superb.
I'M ENJOYING THIS MUSIC ALL EVENING.THANK YOU!
And now waiting for halleluja to come from Vancouver.
Hans from Holland
Bird off the Wire

Post by Bird off the Wire »

This is excellent and many, many thanks for sharing. When I download to my iPod, they download as single song 'albums'. Doesn't down load as 2 albums. Is this as its meant to be - if not any help in downloading as an album 'unit' would be greatly appreciated.
bruinsy19

Post by bruinsy19 »

I couldn't burn the file on my Nero cd player .Any suggestions? I am not computer savvy.
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thank you Allen for this - Iove your initative in keeping us supplied with "new" songs,

But I've had trouble with downloading Vol 1 - help!

I've been able to download Vol 2 OK, but Vol 1 link appears to be broken (the type's not blue anymore as I am seeing on my computer) and I wondered if it was the same for everyone else. If not is there any other way I can download Vol 1?

Your (or anyone else's) help gratefully appreciated.

------------
To Bird off the Wire - if you are meaning that each song is an album in its own right, you have to put all the songs from each Vol manually onto a single album first in Itunes or similar software (if they don't automatically do it) before you download to you ipod. Hope this helps.

To bruinsy19 - If you are using Nero to burn your CD it should work OK by just following the prompts. Would love to help but need more info to do so.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

Sorry about the problems. The tagging was corrupted so I just now uploaded reformatted files that should download into albums called "Other Songs Of Leonard Cohen - Vol 1" and "Other Songs Of Leonard Cohen - Vol 2." Each track should now be properly numbered and have the correct art work. Just go back to the post and download the new files (with the same names as before). The post is at http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/01/25/now-a ... hen-album/
phillip

Post by phillip »

I downloaded my copy brilliant I have heard some of these songs before but great to have them on CD now its really cool :D
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

Thank you so much for making these treasures so easily available to us, Allen, downloading stuff is like quantum physics to me but this was so simple. I have wanted the 1980 Do I Have To Dance All Night for so long, well since I first heard it on your 'Thank you for the tour' video, and now I have it to enjoy wherever I am on my iPod.

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Alan,

Downloaded OK and playing beautitfully now.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Inna

Post by Inna »

Thank you Allan for this compilation. Everything is exquisite, but for me the "Do I Have to Dance All Night" is the best. Thanks again for this gift.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Allan, you will never seize to amaze me - a great compilation, I am listening to it now (and I'll take a copy with me to Australia as a very special present on Wednesday, too)! Thank you so much!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Thank you so much, Allan.
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Thank you very much, you are a star :D
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”