Searching for Lörrach and München 2008 ...

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
ZOOTVTOURist

Searching for Lörrach and München 2008 ...

Post by ZOOTVTOURist »

Hello everybody,

at the start I just wanted to share my experiences during two of the German Cohen concerts, I was lucky to attend in summer and fall 2008. - Lörrach (7/25/08) was very impressive, a piazza in the middle of the town with the crowd packed, an open air space and sound – and great 'dialogue' between the audience and the artist. "So long, Marianne" was a celebration, an anthem with the people's choir. "Sisters Of Mercy" being of the many setlist surprises, that made me shiver.
- München (10/6/08) was different for me, much more intimate, not just because of the arena, but because of being close to the stage and the people being more disciplined, even when doing photographs. And during this awesome concert I even got to listen to breathtaking performances of "Avalanche" and "Famous Blue Raincoat".

Now with looking forward to the live DVD of the tour, I want to ask, whether there are recordings of those two fabulous nights circulating round here – and if there is somebody out there, who might share them? It would be so beautiful to re-live these memories of Lörrach and München in my living-room. And: All the best for everybody here (Mr. Cohen included, of course :D ) for 2009 ...
rvandewiel

Re: Searching for Lörrach and München 2008 ...

Post by rvandewiel »

Hi ZOOT,

I have Lörrach for you. I have send you a PM
Davido

Post by Davido »

PM me with your address, ZOOT.
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
Actually

Post by Actually »

Well, I guess I should have taken part in this forum earlier; you can find everything. That's amazing.
So is there still a way to get the Lörrach recording?
The mere thought of it makes the butterflies return into my stomach - what a night...
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

Actually,
I have sent you A PM
ZOOTVTOURist

Post by ZOOTVTOURist »

Hello everybody, unfortunately I can not see LC this year – but does anybody out there may have updates on the Munich 2008 show – or at least on a great recording of Avalanche & Famous Blue Raincoat from this live period? Thanx to y'all ...
ZOOTVTOURist

Post by ZOOTVTOURist »

Any news for a recording of the Munich gig? Thanx ...
ZOOTVTOURist

Post by ZOOTVTOURist »

Any updates for Munich, friends?
ZOOTVTOURist

Post by ZOOTVTOURist »

Hello friends, what exciting news: a new album (and maybe a tour?). Still I would be so happy about a Munich 2008 recording. Any ideas? Thank you so much for your efforts ...

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”