Holding It Together

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:33 am

2 Women and one Man
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Holding It Together

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:05 am

sometimes i don't know what to say, don't understand what's going on, what people are saying. if only i had a talent, just one, was good at something, that i meant something to someone, belonged somewhere. there really is nothing, is there, it's all a big game, and i am empty, no ambition, no plan, no ideas. leonard has departed, disappeared forever, everybody goes away, wife, daughter, even my fucking cat, all gone, and those of us left behind have to cope, pretend to be strong, but in the quiet moments when we are alone, when no one sees, then we can be ourselves, see the brutal reality of this wicked, meaningless existence, sob for the ones we'll never see again, sob for ourselves, for the weak insecure people some of us are, unable to let time heal, unable to believe in any spiritual plan. sometimes i wish i'd had a mother who loved me, wish that i didn't suffer from arithmomania, that everyone was kind, that people didn't abandon me or treat me bad, that i wasn't scared of so many things, that i had value, had a purpose and knew what to do.
here is a picture i took a couple of weeks ago at the national gallery. the painting depicts 'scream', and it was the closest i could get.
skrik.jpg
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:05 am
sometimes i don't know what to say, don't understand what's going on, what people are saying. if only i had a talent, just one, was good at something, that i meant something to someone, belonged somewhere. there really is nothing, is there, it's all a big game, and i am empty, no ambition, no plan, no ideas. leonard has departed, disappeared forever, everybody goes away, wife, daughter, even my fucking cat, all gone, and those of us left behind have to cope, pretend to be strong, but in the quiet moments when we are alone, when no one sees, then we can be ourselves, see the brutal reality of this wicked, meaningless existence, sob for the ones we'll never see again, sob for ourselves, for the weak insecure people some of us are, unable to let time heal, unable to believe in any spiritual plan. sometimes i wish i'd had a mother who loved me, wish that i didn't suffer from arithmomania, that everyone was kind, that people didn't abandon me or treat me bad, that i wasn't scared of so many things, that i had value, had a purpose and knew what to do.
here is a picture i took a couple of weeks ago at the national gallery. the painting depicts 'scream', and it was the closest i could get.
skrik.jpg
Geoffrey, our next session is scheduled for Wednesday. However, I told you all those years ago, when I accepted you as a client that there are certain guarantees. Firstly, I said whenever you are in crisis I will make myself available for advice and counselling 7/24 635 days a year. Secondly, your treatment remains completely confidential.

I am surprised you raise your Arithmomania. That is one of your lesser problems. Why you mention that just doesn't add up. I suggest you can deal with it in 56 easy steps.

Now, let us go back to the mantras I taught you early on in your treatment.

You should recite our Poem for Geoffrey 73 times whilst standing on your left leg (with your right foot or by placing an heavy book on it), or 37 times if you are standing on someone else's left leg.


"123
I can paint
A simple novice ?
NO I AIN'T.

456
I can sketch
Look in the mirror
NO NEED TO RETCH

789
I am liked
accept that truth
IGNORE THE PSYCHE"


I send you this private message in full compassion, and with an invoice for 300 Norwegian Dollars


Dr Solong
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Holding It Together

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:55 pm

yes, that is exactly what i mean. the few who recognise the certainty ahead are sent to shrinks, while the great flock exist in a blissful illusion that protects them from being allowed to think for themselves. is it better to convince one's self to believe a lie and be happy? is that not partly the purpose of religion, to prevent widespread depression and panic? i appreciate your humour, michael, but unfortunately it cannot disguise the horror of reality. let us for a moment use our brains and employ rationality. leonard cohen, along with every other deceased person, is no more. he is not on a cloud looking down, his soul is not moving around in some invisible dimension, and to accept otherwise is to defy both logic, common sense and the law of physics. believe as much spiritual hocus pocus as you wish, no one could ever blame you, because having one's eyes closed is far preferable than the alternative. of course, it is possible to live and joke and be happy, there is little point in dwelling "on what has passed away or what is yet to be", as leonard wrote, but that doesn't mean we need to fool ourselves. we can still quietly meditate upon the inevitable without swallowing scriptural magic and fairy tales written many years ago by patriarchal mind manipulators and power grabbers who thought the earth stood on four columns.
-geoffrey
------------------
"i lift my glass to the awful truth which you can't reveal to the ears of youth"
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Geoffrey said

" leonard cohen, along with every other deceased person, is no more. he is not on a cloud looking down, his soul is not moving around in some invisible dimension, and to accept otherwise is to defy both logic, common sense and the law of physics."

and here is the problem. Geoffrey, of whom I am a great fan, does not believe in the Trinity but adresses 3 qualities as if God and Jesus are some crazy Duo.

Geoffrey thereby demonstrates what is wrong with the World today - a lack of respect for the Rules of Grammar, and a lack of appreciation of good writing
User avatar
LisaLCFan
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Holding It Together

Postby LisaLCFan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Was this thread becoming too light-hearted in its silliness? Wouldn't want people to have too much fun, can't have that...
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:36 pm
Was this thread becoming too light-hearted in its silliness? Wouldn't want people to have too much fun, can't have that...

at the top of this page it became too naughty. Thank goodness no-one understood
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Holding It Together

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm

apologies for seriousness, lisa, and for the grammatical error, michael. in norwegian 'both' is 'både', and can be used in connection with two or more nouns. i don't know what one uses in english. have to go out now, shops close at 11pm, in forty minutes - and i haven't eaten today.
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:02 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm
apologies for seriousness, lisa, and for the grammatical error, michael. in norwegian 'both' is 'både', and can be used in connection with two or more nouns. i don't know what one uses in english. have to go out now, shops close at 11pm, in forty minutes - and i haven't eaten today.
I have both a spaghetti and bolognese with both sweetcorn, parmesan, tomato ketchup, and butter. Fancy?

Both Good and Knight to you Sir Geoffrey. I have always thought it an hell of a coincidence that 60% of the two of us us are half Norwegian and half English, whilst at the very same time the other 40% isn't!
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Holding It Together

Postby Geoffrey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 am

>Both Good and Knight to you Sir Geoffrey. I have always thought it an hell of a coincidence that 60% of the two of us us are half Norwegian and half English, whilst at the very same time the other 40% isn't!

i am far from competent in english nowadays, but know you possess a certain amount of knowledge regarding the scandinavian language.
https://www.riksmalsforbundet.no/qa_faqs/bruk-av-bade/

classy front door, i like white :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUoqv-ZE94E
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:54 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 am
>Both Good and Knight to you Sir Geoffrey. I have always thought it an hell of a coincidence that 60% of the two of us us are half Norwegian and half English, whilst at the very same time the other 40% isn't!

i am far from competent in english nowadays, but know you possess a certain amount of knowledge regarding the scandinavian language.
https://www.riksmalsforbundet.no/qa_faqs/bruk-av-bade/

classy front door, i like white :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUoqv-ZE94E
haha! I was more concerned not to trip over the steps as I sprained my ankle rather badly a couple of weeks ago.

You may wish to look at this https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... out-police
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:00 am

Thank you for the Norwegian "rules" which shows your construction was perfectly proper in that language.

Also I remember back in 2007 when you posted as Lola and were subject to this brutal attack.

lola76 said: ↑
A website, a portal or a web application, as like any other business software, needs an high quality logistic logisical support without which it couldn’t can't express its potential.
The best outcome both, in terms of performance, and with regard to security and standing arises from optimized solutions to supply services following the customers’ specific needs.


You can't use "both" with more than two items, Lola. Accordingly, your sentence needs to omit the word as I've indicated.

By the way, is a website or portal a "software" as you've indicated?

Your last sentence is very confusing. What do you mean by "standing"? "Optimized solutions to supply services following the customers' specific needs" is very convoluted but I'm not really sure what you mean so can't help with it.
Dimcl, Aug 28, 2007 #2
lola76
Senior Member
Rome
italy
A website, a portal , a web application or any other business software needs an high quality logistical su
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Holding It Together

Postby Geoffrey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 am

solongleonard wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:54 am
haha! I was more concerned not to trip over the steps as I sprained my ankle rather badly a couple of weeks ago.

You may wish to look at this https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... out-police
most interesting. i doubt you have ever been a favourite son to the men in blue ;-)
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Holding It Together

Postby Geoffrey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:10 am

solongleonard wrote:Thank you for the Norwegian "rules" . . .
i will probably understand this post better after a stiff drink. what bottle have you just emptied, or are you smoking something?
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Holding It Together

Postby solongleonard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:10 am
solongleonard wrote:Thank you for the Norwegian "rules" . . .
i will probably understand this post better after a stiff drink. what bottle have you just emptied, or are you smoking something?

I dont drink alcohol due to not liking the taste. I have never tasted tea nor coffee.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests