Yeshu'a

This is for your own works!!!
Boss

Yeshu'a

Post by Boss »

Hi
Last edited by Boss on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Casey Butler

Re: Yeshu'a

Post by Casey Butler »

He was 33 1/2, and he's not dead.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hi
Last edited by Boss on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

According to him, he is someplace I can't go. It doesn't matter where he is, bringing him back is what matters.

Put simply, acknowledging the signs that were sent, I suppose, is part of it. That's all see it says in the Bible, the Quran, and the Lotus Sutra. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

We're all Jews, Boss. I'm trying to help the "elect" - Atheists - to figure that out.

No small task, I can tell you. You have to be crazy.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hi
Last edited by Boss on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Well, I've had a lot of Bosses and knew a few Adams, too. And the beat goes on.

Thanks for the good wishes, Adam. I didn't respond to that other post of this message in your freak-out thread because I figured you were just freaked out. Scary, isn't it, this Yeshu'a fellow nobody can talk about anymore - take seriously, I mean.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hi
Last edited by Boss on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Who first told you about Jesus Christ?
Boss

Post by Boss »

My mum and my dad did first; then my best mate Rick did in Grade 2, 1975.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

We're about the same then. I heard from my parents and then from my best friend, though at a later age. She's still my best friend.

I may be a fool, but I do know my station. Due to circumstances beyond our control, I am her eyes and her wheels. Sort of like lawyers say about narcissists these days: I am the narcissist and she is my co-narcissist, or co-dependent, if you will. Due to the neglect of her family and friends, I'm the best she has. And maybe they neglect her because I am such a narcissist and they don't like hanging out with me. I don't say much. That would be awful, wouldn't it?

My narcissism aside, I do feel I am high-spectrum autistic, which is her bad luck too, i guess. I have poor social skills, I rock my head back and forth to relax, I am apparently unemployable even though I excel at pattern recognition and the repetitive tasks that I like doing. I can't think - or at least I can't express myself - as the majority of my peers do. My sense of humor goes largely unappreciated. Etc. And I use commas too liberally for most readers.

Anyway, my station is to look after her with all the responsibility I can muster as long as she will have me doing so.

In your kind message in another thread you flattered me by saying eventually people stuck in the mud right now would hear what I'm trying to say. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but that's just not going to happen. For one thing, I can't forget my station. For another, I can't overcome my social ineptness.

But I can say things in my own way here, electronically, out of eye contact, thank goodness. Shunning here is only temporary, and it seems more like a vacation than an oppression when meted out with such esoteric class.

You have three sons? I have three books, the Lotus Sutra above all, and the Sermon on the Mount above even that. So the time is still at hand. Let me find that wheel...
Cate

Post by Cate »

Hey Casey, I'm sorry that you don't get a fair shot, that sucks. Unimaginative hiring practices can result in the best candidates being overlooked.
This is here nor there, but years ago I was having coffee with a friend, chatting and he said something that stayed with me, something I quite liked. He said that he thought that the increase in rates that we were seeing in Autism and ADHD were possibly a sign of human evaluation. Sadly our society still places so much weight on conformity that it misses out on many talents and abilities.

It sounds like you and your friend have a meaningful bond, longtime friendships special.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

I didn't say I don't get a fair shot. I certainly don't feel that way. Considering I love Jesus Christ and his teachings, can't keep them and can still speak freely about it, I have had it very fair.

However, I've recently understood that my kids feel I didn't give THEM a fair shot... They're 40-ish now. You know, I didn't make enough money to provide them with college and a middle class upbringing, preferably in one location. I didn't have a 401k or large pension so they wouldn't feel responsible for us in our old age, and could give them big money and big support instead of just a little, etc... So they could be like their peers are perceived to be.

That's why I investigated why exactly I am as I am, raised them as I did, as defined by current human evaluation. Not to garner sympathy, Cate, but to offer them a rational explanation they could use in their networking. Unfortunately, some see autism as mental illness. But I'm okay with that too. 5 years from now autism could be evaluated into something entirely different.

As far as talents and abilities, we all have those. However, we don't all have the ambition or need to suppress these attributes in others by pompously promoting our own. THAT'S conforming to society.

And I didn't throw a rock. I threw a sponge at the author and all of his friends.
Cate

Post by Cate »

well sponges sound much safer then rocks ...

Sympathy makes me think of pity Casey, I had no feeling like that, sorry if I came across that way.
I did have an emotional reaction to what I felt like wasn't a fair shot though. We've had some good chats, so I don't like the idea that maybe people didn't give you chance (that's not pity, more like low grade anger). What you had wrote also struck a personal chord for me, as I've often seen people who think a little differently or act a little differently not get the same opportunities at school or work or after school clubs. I work with families who support children (kids and adults) with differing abilities and challenges and it feels like it's often outside barriers, societies artificial barriers that can be the real problem.

(I had some glitches myself growing up so I'm probably hypersensitive to that kind of thing)

anyways - keep truckin' as they say
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

I still see everyone as a kid on good days. Recently the good days seem to be numerous. I don't know what happened to Boss, I seem to have misunderstood his mood (not a rare occurance, according to my evaluation).

It's all going to turn out fine anyway. I'm just rushing things, having finally graduated the class on cathartical thinking.

There are a lot of pickup trucks in Utah.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hi
Last edited by Boss on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”