Daddy's Little Princess.

This is for your own works!!!
Violet

Re: Daddy's Little Princess.

Post by Violet »

imaginary friend wrote:C'mon back here Violet.

You are missed....
I.F., I miss you too.

You know, when I first wrote that last letter, I was rather amazed to see over four thousand hits in less than a week. [????????????] I had no idea what to make of that. I mean, I always assumed that maybe up to two hundred people even knew about this thread, and so I couldn’t understand that manner of spike. [??]

.. still.. even with so many hits, I wasn’t sure I was “missed.” [thus, the plight of the “lone artist”]

Anyway, thanks for saying so. And I do hope all is well with you, I.F.. [xx]

Leonard, my love.. how are you?

I wasn’t planning on posting back here again until I could make an announcement as to my new website. However, two people now.. [who were supposed to be helping me].. [for the amount of ducats I can afford just now, that is].. but in both cases, they’ve been very slow about things.

.. I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just do a simple blog, first.. although that’s not really what I wanted. Anyway, I’m looking into it again from that more humble perspective. [oh, and this after watching a bunch of youtube tutorials that were mind-numbingly dull, and yet confusing at the same time]

You know, to say I miss you is something of an understatement. Actually, I feel as though I’ve been through hell and back. And more recently I got hit with some feverish thing, and so I wound up on the couch, shivering and sipping broth, and wishing

(well, all sorts of things, I guess)

Anyway, I’m going to be okay. [I've just decided] Any other approach is just so dreary seeming.

You know, the other day, before I came down with this fluish thing, I did go out to our lake. And I wound up walking beside one of those creeks there.. [in the “Ophelia section”].. and I took some more photographs deep in the wood. But, I was realizing that

well, for quite some time since I last wrote here it was hard to go on that bike ride. Not only because the weather was rather cold and dreary, but also because I dreaded feeling just so alone.. so apart from you. But the other day I did feel close to you, still. I guess I’ve always been feeling that. I struggle with it too. I fight the feeling that I’m somehow “weak” for needing you that way. And so I fight myself at every turn, until I just exhaust myself. And so.. well, I’m thinking that maybe it’s all okay, somehow. I mean, maybe you’re there for me, still. And maybe that’s okay.

So. Well, I do hope all is well with you, and that you’re resting up for the next part of your tour. I did look in here at the reports, and it looks like you were having just such a wonderful time in Canada, and that was lovely to see.

Alright, well.. I am at least out of critical condition, I think. Although I’m a bit hesitant to say so, since the minute I think I can see my way through this thing I’m going through, I get hit with another rough patch.. so

(sigh)

I haven’t even been able to tweet much lately. Oh, and what I have tweeted recently is probably scaring my few followers (!)

Anyway, I guess I should just try and put the best foot forward. Or, as you call it, “lighten up.”

[I’ll see if I’m ready for that, actually. I may still need to just lay low, and lick my wounds more]

Oh—I finally went to that jazz place to check out their open mic. The trio there is quite good, and a lot of those singing there were quite good, as well. They were very friendly and encouraging towards me, too. Only, my name was too far down the list, and I had a two hour car ride home still, so I didn’t sing that night. But at least I have some idea of the place now, and so it won’t be quite as terrifying next time. [hopefully]

Okay. I guess I should sign off for now. And hopefully I’ll get something going website wise, including getting my movie trailers on line.

.. alright, my angel.. you are with me in my heart.. x

(and hopefully I'll be back soon).. (I mean, God is bound to give me a break sooner or later).. (actually, I should tweet him again, since today is the National Day of Prayer, and I need to stay on his good side)
Attachments
DSCN3094.JPG
Violet
Violet

Re: Daddy's Little Princess.

Post by Violet »

.. my love, I thought I'd write here today, since I remember how it sometimes helped me to.. especially when things were going badly.

Yesterday, my chicken Auntie Em was killed by some varmint. She's buried now, and I thought I was numb. Only, now I can't stop crying.

I miss you.

You know, I was just thinking I was getting a handle on things. I was really trying to make do with setting up my own blog for now.. and improving the site later. This techie stuff is all new to me, and I kept learning of other options and approaches to this.. and.. well, I finally got to the point where I didn't know if I was coming or going with all this.

.. but yesterday I started to feel that maybe I could figure this thing out. And even though I'm not in the best place with things overall, I thought that maybe a part of me has somehow become more calm and centered.. even when the world seems to be spinning out of control out there, causing one to feel fairly helpless, at times.

but I thought I was somehow seeing my way through it all, finally. Maybe I still am, but it hurts to lose my little chicken, and to feel I could have protected her better. I mean, I know from reading about others who have chickens that this is a common heartache. It's the sort of thing that happens all the time. Still.. you feel you're responsible.

.. anyway, you're in my thoughts, my love. And others here, too, are in my thoughts.

.. (my angel.. maybe send me a little prayer today.. x)

the youtube link is what I tweeted this morning for Auntie Em.. (oh, and poor Margery, the remaining chicken, is herself wounded.. and all alone in her coop just now)

.. you know, instead of this song, I had been wanting to tweet a picture of the apple tree, which grows in the part of the yard where the chickens are. Last year a late frost meant no blossoms, and no apples.. but this year it's terribly lovely, and is just now in full bloom.

.. (oh, my angel.. I'm afraid I'm hurting just so much..

Okay, so.. for Auntie Em.. who now joins Dorothy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU
FULL SCREEN..
Attachments
DSCN3231.JPG
Violet

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”